sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation. PEB got backed into a corner by not having the permission of the other parties involved to release what would be sensitive information as they do in the states. The delay in obtaining this permission put them in contravention of the NZX rules of disclosure. So what do we risk; long, tortuous and expensive litigation and loss of contract in the States or a slap around the ears from NZX.

Good choice.

Hic

It's about time to be unimpressed. Over-promising on test numbers and CMS shortly before insider selling. Suspicious timing of announcements. There is a pattern.

Guru

I thought I would mention that when they released half year results (on 28 November) the market liked it very much, back in the 0.90's from the high 0.70's a few weeks earlier (although yes this was short lived).

I understand that with growth companies like this, you can't reliably base anything off the half year results, but still I thought I would mention it. My thinking is there is a chance they could once again surprise...

I also hear about the overseas American (and even chinese) Bio techs, and I think they make PEB look like a bargain (not that this is necessarily a credit to PEB)...

(Disclosure: like all my investments, hold small amount of PEB shares, although I am sure some of you might have guessed)

Jeremy Clarkson's Punchbag

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    So, PEB had about $20m in cash at 31/3/2014......$14.7m at 30/9/2014 (down $6m in 6 months) and today they have about $12m in cash (down about another $2.5m in 8 months)...

Seems like the burn is slowing down as one would expect (especially with the new staff etc)
    http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/3...ure-costs-500k

Giving financial information to the press two days before the financial results are released ?

Attachment 7367

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy View Post
    http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/3...ure-costs-500k

Giving financial information to the press two days before the financial results are released ?

Attachment 7367
    Nope, its a guess by ODT, not a quote. DD just said it hurts.

I thought it a bit ironic PEB offered the option of taking shares instead of cash as of the settlement

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I thought it a bit ironic PEB offered the option of taking shares instead of cash as of the settlement
    Yes Winner. If I was one of those upset (maybe?) sellers ... I would certainly be taking the shares!

The Wolf of Sharetrader

So let me get this straight. Management screw up (as Xerof points out, why not a trading halt?) and the company cops a fine. Shareholders will be reimbursed using..... shareholder funds. And all the other shareholders get their holdings diluted if payment is taken in new shares.

Here's an alternative idea. Perhaps the funds for the fine could come from the managers who sold down after the announcement and the murky tens of thousands statement when they made a killing from other poor shareholders who didn't know sales weren't to follow.

Maybe a bit harsh but it seems unfair.

Yeah but NBT, DD has already spent the funds he got on doing up his BBQ area, (and possibly buying a Lambo), so would probably have to sell even more shares to do what you suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Yes Winner. If I was one of those upset (maybe?) sellers ... I would certainly be taking the shares!
    Glad you put an if in that sentence

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Nope, its a guess by ODT, not a quote. DD just said it hurts.
    C'mon Miner that is grasping at straws --The article stated they have 12mill cash--you dont just make a guess like that without qualifying it.

Its hard to deny that things are mounting up---This incident would look alot cleaner if it hadnt been for that sale of shares(which gives new life to 10s of 1000s of tests)

Perhaps some of balances statements are gaining some credibility now? (litigation? i dont think so)
    Last edited by skid; 26-05-2015 at 06:03 PM.