sharetrader
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

PEB have been saying that sales are tracking to expectations. Yet in their 2013 cap raise they say;

“The Board is fully confident that the funds being raised will be sufficient to cover operating expenses until Pacific Edge achieves profitability."

here's the link
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/242760

That doesn't quite match up. Better try and find a Lambo driver.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I think (as a strategy,they should have waited to announce the capital raising) For the SP to find a ''settling'' place.
    That way if things did take a turn down (through 66) they could still offer at below that and get the much needed cash,thus avoiding the potential of no one coming on board at above the SP --unless they can change it,but that would not be a good look.
    Companies announce their results and capital raisings at the same time.

Something smells.

Guess what smells?

Guru

Meanwhile we will have to keep an eye on the ads--What they really need is 3rd party reporting the benefits rather than paid PR. (not to say they shouldnt go on promoting,but obviously the former would be far more beneficial.

Guru

If I was Genomics -this is when I would be going for a bargan to complete the stable.

Skid - I updated yesterdays homework for you

Doesn't look as healthy as yesterday now is. Don't believe what you read in the paper

You could have a go at another half year (H1 16) to see what it would look like in 6 months time

US markets reach new highs so the worlds feeling happy

NZ as always an exception. The top of the losers board today comprises MAD, MOA, PEB, TTK and VIL (heck RAK not on the list)

Is PEB in good company or is the market just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    US markets reach new highs so the worlds feeling happy

NZ as always an exception. The top of the losers board today comprises MAD, MOA, PEB, TTK and VIL (heck RAK not on the list)

Is PEB in good company or is the market just stupid
    One small difference here Winner.... our Kiwi market hasn't had the benefit of 3 lots of QE by the RBNZ!

So, as for the "stupidity", well......

Guru

Well the market has spoken... clearly lost confidence in PEB, although it could be due to capital raising possible alarming some, hence the 'dumping' of shares today (or at least that is how I am seeing it)

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Underwriter stepping in to support sp? Entirely predictable.

Watching the big holders and 'insiders' - will they sell down like they did last capital raising?
    Sp sliding towards 62 cents fast - very fast as underwriter has run out of support firepower?

Big holders deciding to bail out as it is becoming clear there is another Wellington Drive in the making?

Notice how the bids support of 150k and 250k at 67c and 66c were taken out?

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Well I just joined sharetrader, as I am quite an enthusiastic investor in shares (although young - so more of a buy and hold investor), and I have watched this thread with great interest over the past few months (interesting the different ideas everyone has). I personally believe that next week Thursday will be a make or break day for Pacific Edge, I think it is going to give everyone an idea as to if their product(s) can be sold, or not. I'm possibly not quite as optimistic as MAC, but I do believe that, should things turn out well (as I am cautiously confident they will), the share price could be comfortably over $1 by end of next month.
    Make or break day?

Looks like it is break day - broken down as the numbers and the capital raising do not measure up to the hype.

Lesson learnt for newies - there are rampers on this thread, and there are those who spoke, were shouted down and are happy to let the rampers make fools of themselves.

The rampers have gone dead quiet.
    Last edited by Balance; 28-05-2015 at 01:17 PM.