sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    As long as you dont frett about getting poor overnight---Investors want solid reasons why to invest or stay in a company(unless they feel a patriotic duty to stay.)
    Hi Skid. The only reason/time I fret about getting poor overnight is when other people/entities have control over my dosh. Again, experience has taught me not to trust others with the investment of my money. Here, read this piece from the Herald this morning...really sobering. I've been following this for a while now and I am glad that Carmel has decided to bring it a little more into view.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/best-of-bu...4261_883682029

If, after reading this (& perhaps investigating a bit further), people still don't want to believe what is going on - then I believe they are in for a big shock. The GFC will look like a kids birthday party on the back lawn - compared to what the next meltdown is going to deliver us.

In fact, I hinted at this very point yesterday on this thread - in response to one of Balance's posts....but, as expected, it went unnoticed.

Skid, do you think Investor's inflating the US stock market up to record highs...using money created from the multiple QE's is a "solid reason to invest", or do you think they are doing it out of "patriotic duty"???

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    According to this morning's article in the ODT we have just started year 3...:

"Pacific Edge is now beginning its third financial year, since it announced it wants to have revenue of $100 million within five full financial years.

Mr Darling stood by that statement, and depending on the outcome of US and Southeast Asian developments, hinted there could be a positive revision in the future. "

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/34...m-shareholders
    Entering third financial year since it made an announcement re 100 mil (which they probably regret to this day) has nothing to do with the current full financial year, the first of five that has just reached us.
    Another point.
    This is only a preliminary result. Who knows what may have taken place in June 2015 that could be included for updating in the final
    2015 FY. Should know how the CR went for instance although the 29th closure might be cutting it close.

Guru

Just looking back over the numbers (after sleeping on it)--Its taken 12,625m in cost to make 1,900m in sales---Things we dont know--how much of the cost is for things like KPtrial and if there are more uncollected sales

(Im not sure why they would not tell us about $$ of uncollected sales owing) (other current assets?) (intangible assets?)
    Last edited by skid; 29-05-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    The only reason/time I fret about getting poor overnight is when other people/entities have control over my dosh

Here, read this piece from the Herald this morning...really sobering. I've been following this for a while now and I am glad that Carmel has decided to bring it a little more into view.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/best-of-bu...4261_883682029
    Haha - now I have seen the light!

Referring to a Carmel Fisher's article? The same Carmel who has delivered minus growth in her listed funds in 8 years, but made tens of millions of dollars in fees (heads she wins, tails you lose) while her investors lose millions.

And btw, when you invest in a company like PEB, you have effectively given control of your money over to the company's directors and management. No different to giving it to a fund manager. It is a matter of selecting a good company as it is about selecting a good fund manager.

Also, investing is not about taking a company's pronouncements and hype unquestioningly without critically examining its track record as events (like the company going back on its words and commitments to shareholders) unfold. That is is not independent thinking.

In the case of PEB, the hype has long gone by its use-by date for us seasoned investors. Only the sheep now follow the company's 'exciting this, excitement that and so excited about' pronouncements.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-05-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Haha - now I have seen the light!

Referring to a Carmel Fisher's article? The same Carmel who has delivered minus growth in her listed funds in 8 years, but made tens of millions of dollars in fees (heads she wins, tails you lose) while her investors lose millions.

Also, investing is not about taking a company's pronouncements and hype unquestioningly without critically examining its track record as events (like the company going back on its words and commitments to shareholders) unfold.

In the case of PEB, the hype has long gone by its use-by date for us seasoned investors. Only the sheep now follow the company's 'exciting this, excitement that and so excited about' pronouncements.
    As usual...you missed the point. Look at the bigger picture Balance instead of concentrating on the person.

However, judging by your comments, now that you and your "seasoned investors" have got in and then abandoned this fledgling company before they have even really started trading - let alone a profit (but not before making your profit of course) ... are you suggesting everyone else should follow your example?

Makes me wonder what the proper definition of a "seasoned investor" really is.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So it is $100m in mid 2018

David really excited that NEW investors have done due diligence and are keen to buy in.

Whose selling down? Or maybe just take the money from these keen punters and build that war chest up (new share)

Wow, exciting eh. At least David is

http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/201756304
    Have to laugh about the PR hype words used in the releases from PEB, W69.

Can see why some shareholders have become over-excited about the falling sp :

Page 2 of release yesterday - https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/264923

"We are also excited about the potential opportunities ..."

"We are excited about the opportunities ..... add more exciting CxBladder products ...."

All in two short sentences! Must be an 'excited' MIA as it's bad English to use 'also excited' without a first excited?

How excited will the shareholders be when the sp falls to 35 cents?
    Last edited by Balance; 29-05-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    As usual...you missed the point. Look at the bigger picture Balance instead of concentrating on the person.

However, judging by your comments, now that you and your "seasoned investors" have got in and then abandoned this fledgling company before they have even really started trading - let alone a profit (but not before making your profit of course) ... are you suggesting everyone else should follow your example?

Makes me wonder what the proper definition of a "seasoned investor" really is.
    Feltex, Rakon, Plus SMS, Snakk, Genesis, Seadragon, Bliss etc etc and all the failed finance companies must feel very abandoned by the seasoned investors even when the newies piled in?

There is a time to invest, and there is a time to divest. All depends on whether a company lives up to expectations and its assertions to investors.

In the case of PEB, the company is way behind on its traction against its hype. Too many examples now (after the years of hype and promises) of reality not measuring up to hype, but let me give you another one :

August 2014 Hype : "The Kaiser Permanente User Program research project is planned to recruit approximately 2000 patients presenting with microscopic and macroscopic
    hematuria (blood in the urine), from the 3.7 million members of Kaiser Permanente Southern California. The User Program research is scheduled to begin later this year with results
    completed in early 2015."

May 2015 Reality : "First tests are expected in next few weeks".

No updates between the much hyped up sp positive announcement in August 2014 and May 2015 (9 months by my seasoned calculation) so shareholders are expected to do their own research to find out that NOTHING was going to plan?

Luckily, some of us DOOR (do our own research). Some posters here who I have shared research information here know what I mean.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-05-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Entering third financial year since it made an announcement re 100 mil (which they probably regret to this day) has nothing to do with the current full financial year, the first of five that has just reached us.
    Another point.
    This is only a preliminary result. Who knows what may have taken place in June 2015 that could be included for updating in the final
    2015 FY. Should know how the CR went for instance although the 29th closure might be cutting it close.
    Hi Miner, last time I checked their financial year ended in March. While the numbers still might be preliminary (unaudited) - whatever happens between now and the release of their final report won't change them.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hi Miner, last time I checked their financial year ended in March. While the numbers still might be preliminary (unaudited) - whatever happens between now and the release of their final report won't change them.
    I think it is called 'wishful thinking'?

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Sorry should have clarified. I meant in the way of updates to any proposed outcomes, ie KP, CMS, VA, US Triage launch, Results of NZ DHB triage trials, Capital Raising success, perhaps even an indication of progress in the current year. We had information added last year on the Full year Final regarding the 7 month delay between signing and payment for the first Fedmed test.

"Seasoned investors" are the ones requiring a fair bit of salt and pepper to absorb a lot of the undoubtedly well meant statements on this thread.
    •NaCl