sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Take it up with DD and PEB - they have been down ramping the sp with their inability to live up to the hype they themselves spun.

Remember last CR will take them to profitability? And now non-commital on when they will be profitable with the second (bigger) CR?

And remember the hype around Spain 4 years ago to be revealed now as a non-event?

And $150,000 of sales in NZ and Australia after 5 years of launching CxBladder and now PEB is blaming the health boards (great way to make friends in the health industry).

And **

** Too long a list to compile.

Starting to look like Pike River with its litany of hype, delays, costs overrun, broken promises and mis-statements.
    Was about to spend real time replying to your dribble, bit decided against it.
    A lot of people disagree with your one sided thoughts, as running any business you need to adapt, make mistakes, learn, have issues, solve problems, make profits. I see PEB adapting and learning, investors have been aware of their ambitions and skill level from day dot, I suppose your business has never made a mistake that cost thousands, it must be the most successful and interesting business in NZ. Or are you simply an investor?

Sweet dreams Balance my boy,

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    IMHO life is much more pleasant and more balanced if a certain non balanced commentator on this thread is placed on your ignore list.

DYOR.
    looks like Mr mod has saved you the problem and put him on the banned list.....funny but i quite like some of his posts...gets bit boring other wise

IMO

Yeah boring and unbalanced

ignore; and remain ignorant of what you don't want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Was about to spend real time replying to your dribble, bit decided against it.
    A lot of people disagree with your one sided thoughts, as running any business you need to adapt, make mistakes, learn, have issues, solve problems, make profits. I see PEB adapting and learning, investors have been aware of their ambitions and skill level from day dot, I suppose your business has never made a mistake that cost thousands, it must be the most successful and interesting business in NZ. Or are you simply an investor?

Sweet dreams Balance my boy,
    I think your quite right CJ. Yes PEB have not always hit the mark and at times been a bit too optimistic. But when you think of where they have come from it's been a pretty good effort so far. Time lines in the science and medical fields are notoriously drawn out and getting products to market is always challenging, even for the big companies.

If I were to go back and look at past capital raisings, I'm sure I would find that most new shares were issued at values not much less than the on market value at the time.They have all been successful so far.

Guru

Im actually surprised everyone is spending so much time and energy on Sienna--

http://www.fiercediagnostics.com/pre...emonstrate-hig

This one has been mentioned before and has all the specs that can be compared--seems pretty similar but Im not claiming to be an expert on this.

I dont think theres anything out there to beat PEB-(but if this one is just as good and is a bigger co. then thats a concern)-Its more what PEB do with their product, and how, that is the key IMO.

Is Kaiser(with its trials) the key? If so the fact that they are taking their sweet time is one of those ''out of our control'' things that is a real shame.

If they had completed when it was first predicted (and CMS coverage came as a result)PEB could have potentially been off and running.
    Last edited by skid; 03-06-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    I think your quite right CJ. Yes PEB have not always hit the mark and at times been a bit too optimistic. But when you think of where they have come from it's been a pretty good effort so far. Time lines in the science and medical fields are notoriously drawn out and getting products to market is always challenging, even for the big companies.

If I were to go back and look at past capital raisings, I'm sure I would find that most new shares were issued at values not much less than the on market value at the time.They have all been successful so far.
    There has to be a certain ''reward to shareholders aspect'' and in my experience it works far better when the share is on the rise.

When I held NAN it was enough cheaper that most wanted in and the SP was on the rise as well--That one was definitely oversubscribed---I guess we will have to wait and see on this one.

Default Oncocyte is the biggest potential threat identified so far

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Im actually surprised everyone is spending so much time and energy on Sienna--

http://www.fiercediagnostics.com/pre...emonstrate-hig
    My thoughts also Skid!

The Sienna product is much less of a direct competitor than the Oncocyte product.

Oncocyte's product uses the same PCR based biomarker technology as CxBladder, although presumably they are using a different combination of biomarkers. It appears that they are initially targeting use in indeterminate cytology during recurrence surveillance by Pathologists, ie, cells examined from urine samples that are not able to be identified as cancerous or non-cancerous during the monitoring testing that is performed on patients who have already had bladder cancer treated. This actually makes them a direct competitor with the Sienna product.

Initially the Oncocyte product noted above will not be a direct competitor to CxBladder, but according to slides 23 and 24 of this Oncocyte presentation (Sept 2014), they plan to later introduce a product that deals with routine monitoring, ie, a product that could compete directly with CxBladder Monitor (not yet released), and finally a product that would deal with the initial diagnosis of bladder cancer, ie, a product that could compete directly with CxBladder Detect.

I would estimate (though I am no expert) that they are at least a year away from having their first product in use by Pathologists and probably 2-3 years away from having their later products (the ones that would compete with CxBladder Monitor and Detect) ready for sales. They do not appear to be as far advanced in their product pipeline as PEB, so I am still comfortable backing PEB as a small shareholder.

Disclaimer: Do your own research. I am not a financial advisor and the above information represents my personal opinions on the research that I have undertaken. I am a holder of a small parcel of PEB shares and currently bullish on PEB's future prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

And remember the hype around Spain 4 years ago to be revealed now as a non-event?
    The question of Spain was raised in the commentary on the full year results (MP3 recording of the conference call) at around the 16 minute mark (16:00).

Apparently a "key opinion leader" in Spain has identified the biggest market opportunity in Spain as being recurrence monitoring, ie, the market that PEB will be targeting with CxBladder Monitor.
    Oryzon has therefore decided that the first PEB product that they want to launch in Spain will be CxBladder Monitor.
    Since Monitor has not yet completed final testing and has not yet been made available for sales, I wouldn't expect this to happen in 2015.

I highly recommend that investors in or potential investors in PEB listen to the commentary on the full year results (MP3 recording of the conference call).
    I only got around to doing this myself yesterday and I found the questions and answers very illuminating - David Darling is certainly excited about a lot of things!
    The potential of the Southeast Asian market was not at all apparent to me until I had listened to this.

The impression I got from what DD said was that the beginning of sales with Kaiser Permanente (after completion of the user trials) and/or CMS coverage sound like they will definitely be game changers.

Disclaimer: Do your own research. I am not a financial advisor and the above information represents my personal opinions on the research that I have undertaken. I am a holder of a small parcel of PEB shares and currently bullish on PEB's future prospects.
    Last edited by Iolite; 04-06-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Iolite View Post
    My thoughts also Skid!

The Sienna product is much less of a direct competitor than the Oncocyte product.

Oncocyte's product uses the same PCR based biomarker technology as CxBladder, although presumably they are using a different combination of biomarkers. It appears that they are initially targeting use in indeterminate cytology during recurrence surveillance by Pathologists, ie, cells examined from urine samples that are not able to be identified as cancerous or non-cancerous during the monitoring testing that is performed on patients who have already had bladder cancer treated. This actually makes them a direct competitor with the Sienna product.

Initially the Oncocyte product noted above will not be a direct competitor to CxBladder, but according to slides 23 and 24 of this Oncocyte presentation (Sept 2014), they plan to later introduce a product that deals with routine monitoring, ie, a product that could compete directly with CxBladder Monitor (not yet released), and finally a product that would deal with the initial diagnosis of bladder cancer, ie, a product that could compete directly with CxBladder Detect.

I would estimate (though I am no expert) that they are at least a year away from having their first product in use by Pathologists and probably 2-3 years away from having their later products (the ones that would compete with CxBladder Monitor and Detect) ready for sales. They do not appear to be as far advanced in their product pipeline as PEB, so I am still comfortable backing PEB as a small shareholder.

Interesting info--I knew they were due to finish a relatively big trial about the same time as Kaiser but didnt know if their product would be ready then.
    On a different note..
    To me -It seems like the tests to initially diagnose or rule out cancer would be the tests with the most potential to sell bigger numbers rather than monitor afterwards.

Seems like there would be more who have warning signs and need to rule cancer out,which includes far more people than those who actually have the cancer--guess that would be triage so sooner the better (if my assumption is correct)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Iolite View Post
    The question of Spain was raised in the commentary on the full year results (MP3 recording of the conference call) at around the 16 minute mark (16:00).

Apparently a "key opinion leader" in Spain has identified the biggest market opportunity in Spain as being recurrence monitoring, ie, the market that PEB will be targeting with CxBladder Monitor.
    Oryzon has therefore decided that the first PEB product that they want to launch in Spain will be CxBladder Monitor.
    Since Monitor has not yet completed final testing and has not yet been made available for sales, I wouldn't expect this to happen in 2015.

I highly recommend that investors in or potential investors in PEB listen to the commentary on the full year results (MP3 recording of the conference call).
    I only got around to doing this myself yesterday and I found the questions and answers very illuminating - David Darling is certainly excited about a lot of things!
    The potential of the Southeast Asian market was not at all apparent to me until I had listened to this.

The impression I got from what DD said was that the beginning of sales with Kaiser Permanente (after completion of the user trials) and/or CMS coverage sound like they will definitely be game changers.

It does seem like alot hangs on to the Kaiser trials and as you say subsequent sales. I would imagine cms coverage would be an integral part of this in terms of affordability so that may be another hurdle(not sure about time frame) Another issue (brought up by Edison) was what kind of commercial price they actually settle on --I think it would be naive to think there wont be some bargaining.

so ATM best case scenario as i see it ,is that there may be big things to come ,but the waiting game continues on the KP trials and then cms coverage--2016----Worries are getting through the capital raising in terms of success--which of course leads to the next issue of cash burn in the mean time while waiting---If what DD said comes to pass-at that point they will be far less exposed than now.
    They will have a bit farther to go to reach goals of profitability as well.
    The 5 yr plan is most likely out the window--to carry on talking as if it is, will only make investors suspicious IMO.

I dont know anyone who is ever happy about a capital raising for a company still in doubt -so thats the first hurdle(and an important one)

For a new investor who wanted to take a punt-Id wait till that was out of the way first.
    For those seeking safer investing Id wait till much closer or even after the KP results and cms coverage--If it all comes together there will still be room for appreciation.
    Last edited by skid; 04-06-2015 at 01:19 PM.