sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the postage-paid return envelope for the PEB compensation form was mint flavoured?

Yum!!!
    lol - that was poisonous mint Robbo! You know you didn't deserve the refund deep down eh..

Guru

Seems like we may have even more acceptances than the original 65% or so would indicate! Not surprised of course that there were some last minutes mail entries, investors probably waiting to see what exactly would happen given most of the time the share price was close to the offer price. As I have stated earlier, investors clearly see value in PEB at the offer price...

Share price up again so far today, still waiting for it to drop into the mid 50's, although seems dramatically fewer sellers and alot more buyers, after heavy trading (so far). Maybe Salt is buying even more? Again, not surprised that the sells have dried up, and the buys are 'pouring' in... this is a long term stock where good things take time. Rome was not made in a day.

Any idea how 'material' this information is (ie 67% acceptance of 75% acceptance?)... suppose we will soon find out...
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 07-07-2015 at 02:59 PM.

So I've been allotted shares even though I did not apply for any (they've shown up in my ANZ Share and Bond account - even though no forms or money has changed hands)... I wonder how many others are in the same boat???

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    So I've been allotted shares even though I did not apply for any (they've shown up in my ANZ Share and Bond account - even though no forms or money has changed hands)... I wonder how many others are in the same boat???
    Did you receive a letter from Link Market Services?

If not, the ANZ software may accidently treat the cap raise as a bonus issue or something along those lines. You might not actually own the shares on the register. Check your movements/transactions on your portfolio
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Did you receive a letter from Link Market Services?

If not, the ANZ software may accidentally treat the cap raise as a bonus issue or something along those lines. You might not actually own the shares on the register. Check your movements/transactions on your portfolio
    I think you're correct about that ... just didn't want to somehow mysteriously be charged for shares I don't want at the moment :-S
    Bring on an EMA200 break, then I'll be a happier camper.

Guru

Well lets look at the performance after the capital raising... WYN not so good from what I can see (issued at $1.79 was it? now $1.63...) Not sure if WYN did the same sort of style of capital raising which could have also had an effect... (but I am not so sure on this).

Ultimately, time will tell which one is more successful.
    (today's trading, WYN continues to decrease, while PEB now up to 0.63 on unusually heavy trading)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 07-07-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    did you check that chart I posted to see if the market agree's with your very positive view of PEB.
    What did you make of it ?
    Have you overlaid it with a chart of WYN?

Guru

Of course, but I personally don't like to base investment decisions in a speculative company based on what the trends of the past is, especially if a big announcement of some kind is expected in the near future. I prefer to look at the future of the company and what lays ahead, but if you trade based on charts, ok.

Anyway, if we look back 2 years it is still higher than then.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    WYN (with a similar market cap) just did a cap raise for about the same amount of money and it was fully subscribed in 24 hours...........now that is a positive vote of confidence.
    65% take up is not
    TJ I wished when I was a younger investor that I took more time to check if the general market was in tune with my way of thinking.
    Have a look at the chart below to see if it matches your belief that the market is showing confidence in PEB.

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/echarts...EB.NZ;range=6m
    Don't follow you? Both raised a chunk through instos- PEB by way of Underwrite, WYN direct. The "public" part of the WYN CR hasn't even closed yet has it? How do you figure it has been a success by comparison?

Seems to me that the big boys are (again..... ) down on their investment in wyn, yet Firsts are , well UP. Despite your fuzzy logic on CR manipulation

Guru

Well as with everything, time will tell. I think WYN is good actually, but with current share price weakness hard to say, also harder to compare seeing they are offering shares in a different way to PEB.