sharetrader
Page 13 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast

It all hangs on whether the holding is on capital or revenue account. If they are part of Davids remuneration then the gain on sale is his income for tax purposes. So the ideal arrangement is to transfer them as close as possible to aquisition price to a family trust or some other entity. However this must be at market prices.

This minimises his gain for tax purposes. Then it comes down to the intent of thr trustees. In all likelyhood thay will have bought them for capital growth and I would expect the gains to be on capital account. However It must be clear that the trustees have not bought for the intention of resale or that they are traders ( unlikely). Even if they did buy for resale or acted as traders Trust income can be held as trustee income (taxable at 33%) or the income distrivuted to beneficiaries at their marginal tax rates. Certain restrictions apply to children
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    "I had to draw down my options by December, so in order to do that I needed to draw some of them down, sell some of them, to pay for the balance.
    Mmm. The proof will be the final result. I am surprised he didn't just get bridging finance but maybe that was more difficult (or no one would offer).
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Great breakdown of CXbladder compared to similar products for anybody interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=m7HNJhQjdwE

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Mmm. The proof will be the final result. I am surprised he didn't just get bridging finance but maybe that was more difficult (or no one would offer).
    Reads like David Darling has done exactly as he said he would :

https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/230069

He now holds in excess of 3m shares.

Any kind of financing over shares, especially one like PEB - impossible to obtain unless you pledge over your house and the family dog to the financier!

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Presumably Darling doesn't own 3m shares for kicks. He's going to be a rich man one day.
    Let's hope so.

And deservedly so. He has put his life and soul into something which could save many many lives and give all young New Zealanders studying at Otago University something to really aspire to.

Bloody annoys me when I compare him to the tens of millions of fees and perks that the likes of PGC and Fisher Fund extract out of investors and New Zealanders for delivering bugger all.

My rant for the day.

The Mad Butcher's visit to Pacific Edge was covered by TV One News tonight. All good stuff. " NZ celebrity helps cancer cause."

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news

It's positive to see the half-yearly announcement has the company on track with growth expectations.

I'm expecting the next 12 months to be exciting for PEB.

Well deserved recognition.

Congratulations to David Darling and his team.

The challenge now moves to the commercialization of the company's products.

Quote Originally Posted by zs_cecil View Post
    Chalkie also mentioned that it is better to have overpriced shares in a promising hi-tech company (I think he is talking about Xero) other than this company. This may hinted at the fact that companies like PEB are far more difficult to obtain the customers at the early stage of the product than the hi-tech company like Xero. I guess most of us have already understood this. But I think you are right, overprice is not a proper word for both companies because they just can't be valued for now. The best results for these companies which have a niche product is probably an acquisition by other companies at a high $$$$ value.
    No he didn't.

He said "Still, it's better to have overpriced shares in a promising hi-tech company than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."

Why do you infer he is making comparisons with other technology based companies?