sharetrader

Interesting reading KP Annual report, one figure really stood out. They have screened 1.7 million people for Colorectal Cancer, I believe they use the FIT test. Outlines the importance of dealing with a progressive organisation like KP.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Explanation - a lot of hype around that time with investors not fully understanding that signing up the national providers do not = sales? Also, Directors and management exuberantly predicting huge sales for the company following the announcements? Predictions of profitability with the capital raising at that time? For clarification, I was examining the track record of the two companies in setting forecasts and expectations and how management have measured up this year. In one, management updated the market with sales and bought shares. In the other, management will not disclose or update sales and we are still awaiting whether they participated in the rights issue. PS. Bought more scales last week too, so cheers!
    Sorry for the gap. Been to the pub.

How do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Interesting reading KP Annual report, one figure really stood out. They have screened 1.7 million people for Colorectal Cancer, I believe they use the FIT test. Outlines the importance of dealing with a progressive organisation like KP.
    The KP Triage trial is very significant for sure CJoe.

Very interesting that Steven Jacobsen has personally taken the study over from the Researcher handling it till now,

Steven Jacobsen is the Senior Director of Research at KP

http://www.kp-scalresearch.org/Resea...t.aspx?eid=556

Note his PhD Epidemiology

Epidemiology is the science that studies the patterns, causes, and effects of health and disease conditions in defined populations. It is the cornerstone of public health, and informs policy decisions and evidence-based practice by identifying risk factors for disease and targets for preventive healthcare

Someone capable of instigating change in clinical practice?

He's taking the piss comparing this to selling apples isn't he.

Have we had a director announcement yet? May as well try to get the question out there 10 times this week. It might go viral.....

Nope, still no announcement. Lets be Frank, THIS IS KILLING ME!
    An unbalanced comparison? Several tens of thousands might agree..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    He's taking the piss comparing this to selling apples isn't he.

thats quite an appropriate analogy bearing in mind this company's reason d'être Mr Xerof Sir. I believe you are correct.

Guru

You can't compare Pacific Edge to Scales, that is literally like comparing Apples to, well, healthcare...

Looks like it will be an interesting annual meeting, I have no doubt quite a few questions will be raised, and, as always, the answers will be interesting... looking forward to it (although I won't be there)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    You can't compare Pacific Edge to Scales, that is literally like comparing Apples to, well, healthcare...

Looks like it will be an interesting annual meeting, I have no doubt quite a few questions will be raised, and, as always, the answers will be interesting... looking forward to it (although I won't be there)
    Warren Buffett will beg to disagree with your assessment. The first principles of investing apply to all companies across all industries and all countries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Warren Buffett will beg to disagree with your assessment. The first principles of investing apply to all companies across all industries and all countries.
    Buffett's Choice Of Investments

His first rule of investing is to limit investments to a “circle of competence”. This means that he invests in only those businesses which he understands completely. According to the “Oracle of Omaha” all investments require adequate analysis for which one requires to know the inside out about a business.

I see where you are going with this now Franko - - please re read the entire thread a couple of times and report back?

Guru

i believe there is an element of truth in both of your points of view--there are certain basics that can be applied to all businesses and there are some very important differences (one important one is what the product is and the channels it sells through)--Knowing the business ''inside out '' would be important in all cases and the difficulty of this would vary according to many things. Do we know PEB inside out?--Well we certainly know alot about the product and the science behind it--but the jury is still out on how well they are going to bring it to the market--They have yet to establish a track record in this area--I think it would be fair to say that most are counting on the KP trials to bear fruit so time will tell on that one (in terms of how long it takes and just how much fruit it bears)