sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post

Must say ,it held up pretty well Friday ,with all the carnage(small caps seemed to fare better) wonder how tomorrow will go?

Dow down 3% after Nz closed - hard to see a positive opening tomorrow morning but stranger things have happened ( just not often....)

Guru

I would not be surprised to see 2-3c down tomorrow, especially considering last week it actually went up 7% (up from a finish of 57c on Friday the week before last).

We have unfortunately lost some good posters as a result of several people's completely unfounded "pot shots", I was hoping the thread would be silenced for longer, but clearly this is not the case (oh well).

I will no longer be posting as much, no need... PEB's going to take time to get things sorted (yes, more than 2-3 years that it has already had)... I'll keep reading the thread, and watching PEB's carefully, I think PEB has a good couple of years ahead, and I look forward, as I have said so many times before, to seeing PEB in about 2 years time... have a good evening

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

We have unfortunately lost some good posters as a result of several people's completely unfounded "pot shots", I was hoping the thread would be silenced for longer, but clearly this is not the case (oh well).

I will no longer be posting as much, no need...
    TJ's sentiments precisely reflect my own. I was going to post a response fully supporting couta1's decision to withdraw from the thread, and then bingo, Vince shut it down. I intend from now on to contribute rarely if at all - the thread is much the worse for the loss of posters like MAC and Hancocks who were willing to contribute their considerable knowledge but got nothing but negativity in response from certain quarters. What is it that makes the PEB thread so full of personal asnimosity and unpleasantness? It should be a forum for exchanging views in a mutually constructive fashion, instead of which it has become just a vehicle for negativity, oneupmanship and repetitive and boring defamation. I'm not saying no criticism should be levelled against the company, but the way it's being done is simply tiresome and unconstructive.

Guru

Hancocks got heaps of positivity for his knowledge of the science(and most of those with concerns also support the science behind the product) Mac contributed as well but had a weakness of making unsubstantiated assumptions,maybe from just being ultra keen on the product and management.
    I think to be completely fair you would have to admit that generally those with concerns have criticized the company(mostly the management) and those on the other side have mostly criticized those posters.
    for those that want to give it 2 years--fair enough-take a break-but dont you agree that we should be seeing some positive signs in the meantime?

Looks like fundamentals might be out the window for the moment with the wider market--(the framework this,and all companies operate in is going a bit haywire atm(but that could change in the blink of an eye)--or not----but after,we'll see how it goes.---but if there arent some concrete reasons for optimism-you can bet people are going to talk about it--and if there are ,the same goes.
    Last edited by skid; 24-08-2015 at 02:11 AM.

Advanced Member

Nicely put NT. Completely agree. We should all think about these words when we post on any thread.
    Cheers
    RTM.

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    TJ's sentiments precisely reflect my own. I was going to post a response fully supporting couta1's decision to withdraw from the thread, and then bingo, Vince shut it down. I intend from now on to contribute rarely if at all - the thread is much the worse for the loss of posters like MAC and Hancocks who were willing to contribute their considerable knowledge but got nothing but negativity in response from certain quarters. What is it that makes the PEB thread so full of personal asnimosity and unpleasantness? It should be a forum for exchanging views in a mutually constructive fashion, instead of which it has become just a vehicle for negativity, oneupmanship and repetitive and boring defamation. I'm not saying no criticism should be levelled against the company, but the way it's being done is simply tiresome and unconstructive.

IMO

Hancocks got heaps of positivity for his knowledge of the science(and most of those with concerns also support the science behind the product) Mac contributed as well but had a weakness of making unsubstantiated assumptions,maybe from just being ultra keen on the product and management.
    I think to be completely fair you would have to admit that generally those with concerns have criticized the company(mostly the management) and those on the other side have mostly criticized those posters.
    for those that want to give it 2 years--fair enough-take a break-but dont you agree that we should be seeing some positive signs in the meantime?
    Thats an accurate view ; thanks skid for your views on this thread.. Critics can honestly review what pushes their buttons and learn from it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Skid - don't underestimate your role in the demise of this thread. Your extremely repetitive posts have caused the overall post quality to drop rapidly. Many of us with information to share have given up because every second post was you asking the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It really is unhelpful, and I hope that my retirement is more fulfilling than yours appears to be.

Noah fence (as miner, would say)
    No problem---Didnt expect all to agree-(your decision, whether you retire with the others)(I fully understand how frustration can creep in on the back of a falling share price) Im sure most will be back if theres some good news-Do you have any new info on PEB?

Meanwhile I think PEB is doing relatively well so far today,considering..(world markets)
    Last edited by skid; 24-08-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Skid - don't underestimate your role in the demise of this thread. Your extremely repetitive posts have caused the overall post quality to drop rapidly. Many of us with information to share have given up because every second post was you asking the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It really is unhelpful, and I hope that my retirement is more fulfilling than yours appears to be.

Noah fence (as miner, would say)
    OH--You mean THAT retirement Well,i do get a bit of time now and then as I travel through Southeast Asia to post--Come on over -It IS fullfilling!

OH--You mean THAT retirement Well,i do get a bit of time now and then as I travel through Southeast Asia to post--Come on over -It IS fullfilling!
    As a side not Skid. Glad you're enjoying your road trip. Always nice to see other cultures. I recommend Japan incase you havn't been. Seen any special wildlife like my Twink by any chance ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuba View Post
    As a side not Skid. Glad you're enjoying your road trip. Always nice to see other cultures. I recommend Japan incase you havn't been. Seen any special wildlife like my Twink by any chance ?
    Spent a year there many years ago(Kyoto)but hav'nt been back since--alot more on the road than the old days though--In case I get back ,you will have to bring me up to scratch on twinks--(Ive got a funny feeling Im missing something)