sharetrader
    Guru

of course they are stressing the prostate test--that is by far where the most cases are(where the money is)--if thats not to insensitive.---but I guess to say that hopefully a better test is a way off is not really having the patients best interest in mind either,is it?--Of course its understandable from an economic point of view(fair enough from a shareholders point of view)
    The fact that they have apparently already made more than PEB is reason for concern though(and of course the connections with bigger players as mentioned earlier)
    tiss a tiny market compared with the ole prostrate.

And another company taking 4 times as much of it is not good--IMO its not the 1-2% sensitivity that is the issue--Its more that a competitor has a combination of products that include the all important prostrate test and the bladder test comes with the package.If they have a bladder test that is better ,or almost as good,is the market going to go with the package,the one stop shop-or go off looking for another company that has a product for the tiny bladder test market that is almost the same in terms of sensitivity.
    We dont know the price of MDx so that is of course a factor---keeping an eye on them is pretty sound advice--It will be interesting to see both companies next results (of course they are both going for the big Kahuna --the USA
    Last edited by skid; 17-09-2015 at 09:20 AM.

This almost went under my radar, but big volume trade went down at end of play on Friday. Wonder if we are on the verge of some news - positive/negative. Could go either way. Will be interesting if we get an announcement in the next few days.

Guru

Yes interesting to see over $360k traded in last minute... probably a keen investor buying up while its still trading at a steep discount (relative to its long term value at least)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by pak View Post
    This almost went under my radar, but big volume trade went down at end of play on Friday. Wonder if we are on the verge of some news - positive/negative. Could go either way. Will be interesting if we get an announcement in the next few days.
    Late in the day I noticed big volumes going through in the following stocks.;AIR,EBO,FPH,GMT,HNZ,MEL,RYM.and SKL.
    Most probably others,but those are ones I have on my watch list.
    Who,what,why I don't know.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Late in the day I noticed big volumes going through in the following stocks.;AIR,EBO,FPH,GMT,HNZ,MEL,RYM.and SKL.
    Most probably others,but those are ones I have on my watch list.
    Who,what,why I don't know.
    Dont suppose it would have anything to do with global markets dropping across the globe,ending up with the Dow tumbleing--now Im not going to go out on a limb and say ''probably'' (TJ)..but does it look like a happy situation out there? (did you notice how many of those volume spikes were drops in SP?)
    Last edited by skid; 20-09-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Gd point, the ones I watched dropped SP with high volume - confirmation of down trend maybe. Dow was definately looking unstable after the fed announcement. PEB also officially dropping out of nzx50. Could be a volitile week ahead again.

Guru

Volatility index is on a downward trend and everyone already knows PEB is dropping out of the NZX 50 and portfolios may have already been adjusted...

The week ahead will be interesting for PEB, not because of the Fed or PEB dropping out of NZX 50, as these factors are already known, but what is not known is why this big trade made on Friday at 4:59, and if it will continue into Monday morning or not...

Not sure how the rest of the market will be reacting either, as HNZ also had a massive 'last minute' (literally) drop under heavy volume
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 20-09-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Volatility index is on a downward trend and everyone already knows PEB is dropping out of the NZX 50 and portfolios may have already been adjusted...

The week ahead will be interesting for PEB, not because of the Fed or PEB dropping out of NZX 50, as these factors are already known, but what is not known is why this big trade made on Friday at 4:59, and if it will continue into Monday morning or not...

Not sure how the rest of the market will be reacting either, as HNZ also had a massive 'last minute' (literally) drop under heavy volume
    Quite a few ' last minute ' large trades on Friday - I suspect they came out of Oz - I think the share price actually held up quite well

You might like to research for when the various global indices get rebalanced. MSCI's might be a good place to start. I dont think any more than that should be read into it, as this is at least a biennial moment of wonderment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    You might like to research for when the various global indices get rebalanced. MSCI's might be a good place to start. I dont think any more than that should be read into it, as this is at least a biennial moment of wonderment.
    If I don't have at least a biennial moment of wonderment Mr Xerof Sir I get very upset