sharetrader
Page 136 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 36861261321331341351361371381391401461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 21246

Sorry to hear you have left us Blake - due to the negative look of the RSI & DMS (?). Just because the RSI is negative doesn't necessarily mean the fundamentals of the firm are also negative. Does this mean you are a "trader"?

Without being smart ... at what point would you get back in?

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    haha yes I got caught out twice, but I am still in positive territory from trading PEB over the past year or so. hopefully I will join you all again one day, and not on the short side either!
    Aha! If I follow this thread correctly then the moose is somebody called Blake not Sorenson. Back to the cave!

AWOL

lol,yes, back to the cave indeed Major!
    Moosie you are an absolute crackup. Trying that one on us and you shot yourself in the foot by answering on the wrong handle. Nice one mate.

AWOL

lol, you know what to do when I say something, DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE!

On that note, buy DIL!

(PEB is a good long-termer though)
    DIL is too far down the road for me, think I will just stick with PEB, should overtake DIL about 2016 which is about 4.5 months away by my abacus and calculations based on longevity.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 25-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Sorry to hear you have left us Blake - due to the negative look of the RSI & DMS (?). Just because the RSI is negative doesn't necessarily mean the fundamentals of the firm are also negative. Does this mean you are a "trader"?

Without being smart ... at what point would you get back in?
    A few things were concerning me - I didn't like the development of that rival odour test that provides a diagnosis in 30 minutes - I know it is a lot further behind in terms of development but it is a concern. I don't really want to get in an argument about that, because it is not my primary reason for exiting.

I set myself rules by which I trade, and a breakout from a triangle pattern along with the negative reads on RSI and DMS count as a sell point for me. The thing that could of held me back is that the stock is not 'trending' at present, but my feeling was to sell.

I would return if the breakout was fake and then it broke to the upside - so probably at about 61-2 cents all things considered. Or if it drops somewhat lower on this breakout and I see a reversal occur, then I would also come back in. Or, of course, on positive company news.

As to whether I am a 'trader' or an 'investor' - I would probably say both. I don't trade in companies I don't like the fundamentals of, and from that perspective I deeply value all the contributions and additional perspectives offered on this forum from the fundamental people...but once I've found a company I like, I trade based on market confidence, sentiment, smart money, momentum, etc....in other words...the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by majorbarejet View Post
    Moosie you are an absolute crackup. Trying that one on us and you shot yourself in the foot by answering on the wrong handle. Nice one mate.
    Just to be clear....Moosie and I are two different people... I'm sure you would recognise that from the varying content of the posts!

I can see your point of view Blake. I'm not worried about rivals at the moment. PEB still appears to have a quiet confidence about having their ducks in a orderly row. The presentation was disappointing in it's layout (almost reminded me of BLIS which isn't a good look) but I've chosen to largely ignore that and hope that they were so motivated about the product that they didn't care about the powerpoint! haha. I also think they have the right people on the ground so far in the USA and they are the ones that are going to add the value to the company not the people involved so far .

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by blakecb View Post
    Just to be clear....Moosie and I are two different people... I'm sure you would recognise that from the varying content of the posts!
    Posts 2016,2017,2018 certainly give me the impression that you could be an altar ego as I cant see the reason for moosies post.
    Having said that- apologies to all concerned, jumping to conclusions is a habit of mine.
    noah fence and keep up the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by blakecb View Post
    A few things were concerning me - I didn't like the development of that rival odour test that provides a diagnosis in 30 minutes - I know it is a lot further behind in terms of development but it is a concern. I don't really want to get in an argument about that, because it is not my primary reason for exiting.

I set myself rules by which I trade, and a breakout from a triangle pattern along with the negative reads on RSI and DMS count as a sell point for me. The thing that could of held me back is that the stock is not 'trending' at present, but my feeling was to sell.

I would return if the breakout was fake and then it broke to the upside - so probably at about 61-2 cents all things considered. Or if it drops somewhat lower on this breakout and I see a reversal occur, then I would also come back in. Or, of course, on positive company news.

As to whether I am a 'trader' or an 'investor' - I would probably say both. I don't trade in companies I don't like the fundamentals of, and from that perspective I deeply value all the contributions and additional perspectives offered on this forum from the fundamental people...but once I've found a company I like, I trade based on market confidence, sentiment, smart money, momentum, etc....in other words...the charts.
    Thanks for that - always good to get the perspective of others. I'm also not too worried about competitors at this point ...always good to be first to the market though, which seems a big enough pond for others. Very seldom possible to be the only fish in the fish bowl - its only a matter of time before the slower ones start to compete.

I have a good holding in PEB and have had for a good couple of years (ave 24c) but have always had a long term perspective for this stock. For me, it is too risky to eject - given how the SP can turn on a dime as I believe any good news (eg - sales report) will result in a quick upsurge. David is still confident of his $100m revenue in 5 yrs and I sense there are bigger funds just waiting for sales figures or DHB/LUG confirmation etc and they will be joining us in a flash. The smart money has been in for ages.

I'm happy to wait & see for now .... and of course am always hopeful of a good yield. I know some say a takeover is unlikely, but that remains my main concern at this point. As soon as the big money realises the potential of a firm like PEB (especially with its ongoing pipeline)... it won't be able to resist.

Thanks again Blake, hope to see you back with us soon.

Banned

Quite right Hancocks, PEB have a such a comprehensive plan in place we have all been twitching to see it role out, but we must look forward and it will start to do so over the next few months.

For those interested the US sales strategy can be found here;

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/176737.pdf