sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Think the point here, Roger, is that, as you say she is a most experienced urologist. Her No 1 eyeball test may be excellent but it doesnt necessarily mean the urologist in the another hospital has identical abilities.
    Cant be, otherwise they would all be most experienced.
    And given my experiences with what passes as Healthcare in this country I find that highly unlikely.

I take it you are in the clear and wish you well
    He did say she (urologist) liked the product,its just that government funding has'nt been forthcoming--In a perfect world it maybe would have been funded but,as you say,without placing blame,sometimes the system sucks.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I don't get it ? If the trial here at the Waitemata district health board was so successful why aren't the N.Z. Govt funding it ? Oncologist told me it cost them approx. $1,000 for the cystoscopy they performed on me so the CX bladder test is a lot cheaper than that...what am I missing here ? If our own Govt won't support a N.Z. company I really don't rate their chances on an international basis so sold shortly after my uncomfortable procedure.

Thanks, yes I'm all good 18 months on and in the clear. For what its worth I was happy with the thoroughness of the testing procedures they carried out. They had a young doctor observing as well, (another lady) so they're doing their best to train people up and I had the "pleasure" of yet another prostate check by the renal cavity so the whole procedure with two female doctors was a real "treat" but I did leave thinking that although it was the largest humility pill I've ever had to swallow I felt I was fortunate to live in N.Z. and get access to prompt, thorough and free examination. I guess with the benefit of 18 months of hindsight and now knowing what happened to me was nothing more than a really bad bladder / urinary tract infection, a CX bladder test would have been preferable but would I have had the same level of assurance in my own head from a simple urine test procedure vs getting the full work-over, so too speak ???...I really don't know but I can say this. I left hospital thinking they'd be VERY thorough. Maybe perception to the patient is also an important factor ?, I don't know, just a thought.
    Glad to hear you ok Roger and hope for your sake it was'nt a ''GO PRO'' they were using.

LOL Skid, they do numb your "prime investment parts" with some gel so its not too bad but they should give you something to help get over the humiliation of it all...like I dunno, maybe $100 Liquor voucher so you can get drunk and try and forget Thankfully its 18 months ago so I can laugh about it now. Anyway's in a perverse way I was kind of pleased from an investment point of view I'd experienced this whole thing from a user perspective first hand and remember thinking, well if the Waitemata district health board aren't using CX bladder after being involved in the trials what hope it'll be successful globally ? so I sold my modest holding, (20,000 IIRC) at 85 cents and got out with a small profit of about $3,000 having bought a modest stake in the low 70 cent range so there was a silver lining in my scary / uncomfortable experience of the winter of 2014. If I was still holding I'd be down about $6,000 instead of making $3,000.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-11-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Guru

A picture is worth a thousand words (posts?)

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words (posts?)

I was wondering if you'd post a picture Hoop, I had one ready ... it's my weekly chart with my favoured 10/14 EMA's that keep screaming 'stay out' (assuming one got out). No need to post it now, your chart really says enough I think, for anyone TA minded, this is a train wreck.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb Detect is not necessarily that epic

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    ... Oncologist told me it cost them approx. $1,000 for the cystoscopy they performed on me so the CX bladder test is a lot cheaper than that...what am I missing here ?...
    PEB do not market CxBladder Detect as a replacement for a cystoscopy.

A test would have produced a range of values between a low probability of having an early stage minor tumour up through various probabilities to highly likely/definitely having a major tumour.

Most of those results would need confirmation, and even if they decided on the basis of the test that you did not have cancer, then there still remains doing whatever is necessary to determine what was actually wrong with you.

Edit: swapped 32% probability for low probability - sorry - another moment of brain fade.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 30-11-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: need <> would - I am obviously dyslexic
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    It is interesting read the latest trial for Blis K12. They have had many of the same struggles with the medical establishment - they have been trying for years to get NZ trials. Finally (after the Italians let them prove it works) they let a trial happen . Results F***ing amazing. 86% fewer Strep throat in the 3 months following a month of Blis K12. To quote the poster " high acceptance, is highly effective preventing GAS recurrences for at least 3-4 months and decreases antibiotic need. This company has almost gone broke trying to get the medical establishment remove their (pharmacy giant sponsored?) blinkers and give it a fair go. So much for encouraging NZ innovation.
    Hopefully now will be its time as it sounds good --I may give it a go this winter.
    As much as it may surprise some-Id most likely stump up the $350(did I get that right?)for the PEB test as well if I found myself in that situation --try to keep as many bases covered as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    PEB do not market CxBladder Detect as a replacement for a cystoscopy.

A test would have produced a range of values between a low probability of having an early stage minor tumour up through various probabilities to highly likely/definitely having a major tumour.

Most of those results would need confirmation, and even if they decided on the basis of the test that you did not have cancer, then there still remains doing whatever is necessary to determine what was actually wrong with you.

Edit: swapped 32% probability for low probability - sorry - another moment of brain fade.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Thanks PT, sounds like the cystoscopy was worth it after all..it certainly gave me peace of mind at the time (despite the uncomfortableness of it).

Guru

I gave up Ornithology because I could not pronounce it -PT

Im still trying to figure out how to pronounce ''the ultimate Tiger'' in Indonesian

Default Everybody stay calm

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I gave up Ornithology because I could not pronounce it -PT

Im still trying to figure out how to pronounce ''the ultimate Tiger'' in Indonesian
    Let's just be patient. That's all.