sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    These are your criteria for what directors should and should not do. They are not necessarily the views of everyone else including the directors. These things have been done or not done, as the case may be, and blatting on about how terrible they are wont actually make one iota of difference to anything much unless of course you want to blow holes in your own credibility through endless repetition.
    Ill leave you with that as weather conditions are producing phenomenal growth and as my wife wishes to go out I will have to take a machete to the undergrowth down the driveway.
    Thats not true--It makes an Iota of difference because it establishes a reference to the character of directors if they sold for the reasons stated.

And how have they done with SELLING all that great midkine science--up to now they hav'nt really done it justice have they?

Your always going to be rowing against the current until they actually start to deliver--(but its good that someone(ahem..)asked you to come back to bat for them.)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    Ironically, despite the current share price, I think the company is better placed now to achieve success than any time in the past. In the short term we are expecting the VA and CMS deals to be finalised, followed by the KP deal. If they pull those off and continue to build on the momentum they are slowly achieving then I think the longer term future will be bright. It will also make them very vulnerable to a takeover offer IMO with the share price low and all the hard work behind them.

If however we get to the end of May 2016 results and talks with the 3 parties above are still "progressing well" then I'm out unless sales are really outstanding. I don't think they have the luxury of time as the money is running out and competitors won't be sitting around. I'm aware this is a high risk speculative share and nothing is guaranteed. Management has missed a lot of goals but I put it more down to naivety and factors beyond their control than anything sinister or utter incompetence as alluded to by other posters.

It may well be that I am the naive one and time will tell. For the sake of the shareholders and more importantly for the advancement of cancer treatment I hope not. I for one will be very happy for this product to still be around should, heaven forbid, I need it one day.
    I think you are right that they are most likely naive in a business sense--the selling of shares (not so sure)---I know what you are saying about the product being around in case you need it (I agree) that is ...unless a better one comes along.

These are your criteria for what directors should and should not do. They are not necessarily the views of everyone else including the directors. These things have been done or not done, as the case may be, and blatting on about how terrible they are wont actually make one iota of difference to anything much unless of course you want to blow holes in your own credibility through endless repetition.
    Ill leave you with that as weather conditions are producing phenomenal growth and as my wife wishes to go out I will have to take a machete to the undergrowth down the driveway.
    Hi Miner, I know - reading balance's posts can be painful ... particularly if you own shares which are high risk and consistently trending downwards over a long time. He makes it just that bit more uncomfortable to keep the head stuck in the sand.

On the other hand ... I find his comments often a useful trigger to review the respective holding - and personally I found it in several cases difficult to justify to myself afterwards to keep holding the respective stocks - i.e. some of his comments in the past have been for me a useful (i.e. capital saving) trigger to sell out (PEB was one of them, CRP prior to the EPA decision another ...). Thank you, balance.

I have no issues with his credibility ... and as indicated, taking notice of his views did save me money in the past. Maybe he is not the most polished appraiser of dodgy shares, and yes - sometimes it appears he has the urge to repeat his views maybe once too often, however ignore him at your own peril.

I think he certainly brings some balance into thread like this, which used to be run by (for whatever reason) uncritical "fans of the company" ... no need to question his credibility.

And yes - I have as well my views about directors who sell (based on their better understanding of the company and the respective environment) hyped up shares ... and afterwards recommend to other shareholders to put money into the same company without contributing for themselves. All of PEB's directors are on my never-again list.

Seriously - would you condone the behaviour of the PEB directors? Sure, I suppose they didn't break any law, but are these really the people you want to look after your money?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hi Miner, I know - reading balance's posts can be painful ... particularly if you own shares which are high risk and consistently trending downwards over a long time. He makes it just that bit more uncomfortable to keep the head stuck in the sand.

On the other hand ... I find his comments often a useful trigger to review the respective holding - and personally I found it in several cases difficult to justify to myself afterwards to keep holding the respective stocks - i.e. some of his comments in the past have been for me a useful (i.e. capital saving) trigger to sell out (PEB was one of them, CRP prior to the EPA decision another ...). Thank you, balance.

I have no issues with his credibility ... and as indicated, taking notice of his views did save me money in the past. Maybe he is not the most polished appraiser of dodgy shares, and yes - sometimes it appears he has the urge to repeat his views maybe once too often, however ignore him at your own peril.

I think he certainly brings some balance into thread like this, which used to be run by (for whatever reason) uncritical "fans of the company" ... no need to question his credibility.

And yes - I have as well my views about directors who sell (based on their better understanding of the company and the respective environment) hyped up shares ... and afterwards recommend to other shareholders to put money into the same company without contributing for themselves. All of PEB's directors are on my never-again list.

Seriously - would you condone the behaviour of the PEB directors? Sure, I suppose they didn't break any law, but are these really the people you want to look after your money?
    +1 Good post. Objective healthy debate is a always a helpful thing to shine light on murky situations.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-12-2015 at 01:56 PM.

Guru

I think its helpful to note that there are some other seasoned investors (hoop-KW,among others)who have raised the red flag.
    Sometimes posters will talk down a share for personal gain to buy cheaper,but I honestly think,that with the odd exception, that is not the case with this share.
    To me,viewpoints leaning towards ''exercise caution'' are far different than ''buy up''
    I can watch safely from the sidelines and see how they go about achieving the success they aspire to--I can always buy in when, or if the tide turns.
    We decide whether we give PEB,or our capital the benefit of the doubt. If the story changes,we can change our opinions and investment decisions along with it.--that is the beauty of it.
    If one is already holding,(large or small)then the decisions become much more difficult(especially at this stage) and each can only decide for themselves on that.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I think its helpful to note that there are some other seasoned investors (hoop-KW,among others)who have raised the red flag.
    Sometimes posters will talk down a share for personal gain to buy cheaper,but I honestly think,that with the odd exception, that is not the case with this share.
    To me,viewpoints leaning towards ''exercise caution'' are far different than ''buy up''
    I can watch safely from the sidelines and see how they go about achieving the success they aspire to--I can always buy in when, or if the tide turns.
    We decide whether we give PEB,or our capital the benefit of the doubt. If the story changes,we can change our opinions and investment decisions along with it.--that is the beauty of it.
    If one is already holding,(large or small)then the decisions become much more difficult(especially at this stage) and each can only decide for themselves on that.
    Well said…. all opinions appreciated in any forum.

The red flag was certainly waved and appreciated however, it is/was the ad nauseum repetition of certain polarized viewpoints that I don't think is/was helpful and seemed to have led to several good posters leaving.

My personal choice has been to block certain posters and get on with life.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Thats not true--It makes an Iota of difference because it establishes a reference to the character of directors if they sold for the reasons stated.

And how have they done with SELLING all that great midkine science--up to now they hav'nt really done it justice have they?

Your always going to be rowing against the current until they actually start to deliver--(but its good that someone(ahem..)asked you to come back to bat for them.)
    You havent quite got it, Skid.
    How the heck do you sell something that is not approved to a subsection of your market. I think they have done pretty well with half the market.
    I dont mind rowing upstream with a cricket bat, mate - think of the rewards when the boat turns around.
    And currently i am not batting for anybody, its just net practise. Ahem

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Hi BP,
    Spit ,spit, cough, ahem. Blast this sand.
    If you would care to read what I wrote again you will see that I don't have any issues with his credibility either. I merely stated that he was in danger of blowing holes in it through endless repetition.
    Its a bit like nailing a thick plank onto a fence. Once the nail has been driven in most people usually stop. Those that continue to pound away will end up firstly bruising, then splintering the wood until the hammer goes right through. whereupon the plank falls off.
    There is then a sudden dramatic realization that the original intent has been completely negated by these efforts.

Directors are human, they have their own dosh in there mostly, they have needs or possible financial crises that need addressing.
    Its not as if they all sold out completely. Have they sold any since? No.

Has the thread been overcome by critical "foes of the company". No
    It's all part of a "balanced" debate.
    Cheers
    Back to the sand
    Miner. (cough, splutter)
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 02-12-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Hi BP,
    Spit ,spit, cough, ahem. Blast this sand.
    If you would care to read what I wrote again you will see that I don't have any issues with his credibility either. I merely stated that he was in danger of blowing holes in it through endless repetition.
    Its a bit like nailing a thick plank onto a fence. Once the nail has been driven in most people usually stop. Those that continue to pound away will end up firstly bruising, then splintering the wood until the hammer goes right through. whereupon the plank falls off.
    There is then a sudden dramatic realization that the original intent has been completely negated by these efforts.

Directors are human, they have their own dosh in there mostly, they have needs or possible financial crises that need addressing.
    Its not as if they all sold out completely. Have they sold any since? No.

Has the thread been overcome by critical "foes of the company". No
    It's all part of a "balanced" debate.
    Cheers
    Back to the sand
    Miner. (cough, splutter)
    Funny, I never have a problem with nailing a thick plank to a fence? It's usually the thick plank which finally gets it after repeated hammering.

Thanks to all those who have acknowledged my contribution to their decisions which saved them money - it is my pleasure.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Funny, I never have a problem with nailing a thick plank to a fence? It's usually the thick plank which finally gets it after repeated hammering.

Thanks to all those who have acknowledged my contribution to their decisions which saved them money - it is my pleasure.
    The way I see it, is you only lose 'money' when you sell the shares at a lower price than what you paid for them (obviously take into account brokerage and other costs)

Anyway... those who have sold based on Balance's information (which really shouldn't happen - its a thread and everything on here should be automatically deemed DYOR, but anyway...), I hope you enjoyed booking the cash losses. But hey, maybe you were the smart ones to take a small, large or what ever sized cash loss now, it could be far worse this time next year, or (most likely) far far better. Maybe you can buy on the way up? Good for you (brokerage is quite a cost of me and I don't have that much cash to through around trading on the nzx - I suppose it depends on the situation you are in - like when DD sold some shares to build a deck [not all of them, like some members would imply] - but hey nobody remembers this, almost everyone on here claims he sold because of the 'hype')

What amazes me is how people continue to not actually focus on the business (eg income increasing far more than expenses as a %), but instead insist on personal attacks on management or even other members on here (without taking much into consideration), bring up 'selected bad news' articles (which are generally completely out of date, brought up before, or extremely vague its hard to tell whats going on), and seem to think that because things are running slightly behind schedule (or at least some would argue this) its all managements fault (and ignore the fact its generally buracratic issues). It is, unfortunately, thanks to people that continually make these statements that quality members, who actually understood PEB inside out, have left in droves.

Also, I would personally be careful about making claims such as "saving people money"
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 02-12-2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: grammar