sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Also, I would personally be careful about making claims such as "saving people money"
    As acknowledged by them, not me

Also, those who sold can now buy back if they want to - getting double or treble the numbers of shares they sold out at.

AWOL

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
    Balance, we got the point of all this 25 pages ago.
    And have taken appropriate action where we see fit, with dangers pointed out endlessly by yourself and others taken into account. But in the final analysis the decision, whatever it is, remains our own.
    If you would be so kind could you please stop hitting the plank. Its already up. Theres a good chap.
    Noah fence

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
    Balance, we got the point of all this 25 pages ago.
    And have taken appropriate action where we see fit, with dangers pointed out endlessly by yourself and others taken into account. But in the final analysis the decision, whatever it is, remains our own.
    If you would be so kind could you please stop hitting the plank. Its already up. Theres a good chap.
    Noah fence
    As a classically educated chap this is starting to remind me of the myth of Sisyphus

now - who wants to be the boulder?
    Last edited by Crackity; 02-12-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    You havent quite got it, Skid.
    How the heck do you sell something that is not approved to a subsection of your market. I think they have done pretty well with half the market.
    I dont mind rowing upstream with a cricket bat, mate - think of the rewards when the boat turns around.
    And currently i am not batting for anybody, its just net practise. Ahem
    Quote-Thanks- I was asked to stay on as a distributor of glad tidings as they come to light by others who don't have the time to engage in this verbal combat such as it is

Perhaps I should have rephrased that(the word ''bat'' was indeed not used)

How the hell do you sell it? No ones stopping them from getting out there and selling their product.
    Whats the use of hiring salespeople if they are not going to convince the market they need this product ..Kaiser or no kaiser.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    The way I see it, is you only lose 'money' when you sell the shares at a lower price than what you paid for them (obviously take into account brokerage and other costs)

Anyway... those who have sold based on Balance's information (which really shouldn't happen - its a thread and everything on here should be automatically deemed DYOR, but anyway...), I hope you enjoyed booking the cash losses. But hey, maybe you were the smart ones to take a small, large or what ever sized cash loss now, it could be far worse this time next year, or (most likely) far far better. Maybe you can buy on the way up? Good for you (brokerage is quite a cost of me and I don't have that much cash to through around trading on the nzx - I suppose it depends on the situation you are in - like when DD sold some shares to build a deck [not all of them, like some members would imply] - but hey nobody remembers this, almost everyone on here claims he sold because of the 'hype')

What amazes me is how people continue to not actually focus on the business (eg income increasing far more than expenses as a %), but instead insist on personal attacks on management or even other members on here (without taking much into consideration), bring up 'selected bad news' articles (which are generally completely out of date, brought up before, or extremely vague its hard to tell whats going on), and seem to think that because things are running slightly behind schedule (or at least some would argue this) its all managements fault (and ignore the fact its generally buracratic issues). It is, unfortunately, thanks to people that continually make these statements that quality members, who actually understood PEB inside out, have left in droves.

Also, I would personally be careful about making claims such as "saving people money"
    TJ ,you are a hoot (In an amusing way)--You have managed to establish that DD sold the shares to buy a deck???

Your ''paper losses are not real losses''are laughable ,IMO---To put it simply--would you rather have sold @86c or be where you are now. With all due respect-thinking your losses are not real till you cash in is just running away from ones shadow--You dont have that money--its pure and simple--You cant do anything with it--Its gone ...onto paper.---You can try to get it back,but for now, its gone.--That person who sold you those shares can now buy heaps more with your dosh--Im not saying to sell ,but rationalizing is wasted time-its not a valid argument.
    Those bad news stories should be taken on board to reassess the risk involved--If you want to stay in ..fine (but the odds are looking a bit worse to many who have DYOR.
    ''Saving people money'' is unfortunately been the only game in town for a long while now.-but to be safe ,how about ''saved myself alot of money'' is that ok?
    I suppose I could take my dosh and buy maybe twice the amount of shares you(or some)bought @ double the price,but Ive not seen enough good reason to jump on that train.
    Those ''most likelys''arent panning out so cautioin is not a silly idea atm.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    As a classically educated chap this is starting to remind me of the myth of Sisyphus

now - who wants to be the boulder?
    We cant push it up the hill anymore--Its got a crackity in it

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Quote-Thanks- I was asked to stay on as a distributor of glad tidings as they come to light by others who dont have time to engage in this verbal combat such as it is

Perhaps I should have rephrased that(the word ''bat'' was indeed not used)

How the hell do you sell it? No ones stopping them from getting out there and selling their product.
    Whats the use of hiring salespeople if they are not going to convince the market they need this product ..Kaiser or no kaiser.
    1. There have been no glad tidings for distribution therefore all mutterings are of my own construction.
    2. The bat. No worries, I have a handle on it.
    3. How do you sell something to someone who is not allowed to buy it.
    Approval by CMS and VA is required before the sales person can even get in the door to those parts of the US healthcare system under their jurisdiction.
    The hold up has nothing to do with salespersons expertise.
    4. Kaiser are a different ball of wax. They will take their time to do their trial of triage.
    Their program will probably speed up considerably when the CLIA approval for Triage at Hershey comes through.
    In the meantime Dunedin will do them I suppose.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 03-12-2015 at 01:01 AM.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    TJ ,you are a hoot (In an amusing way)--You have managed to establish that DD sold the shares to buy a deck??

Your ''paper losses are not real losses''are laughable ,IMO---To put it simply--would you rather have sold @86c or be where you are now. With all due respect-thinking your losses are not real till you cash in is just running away from ones shadow--You dont have that money--its pure and simple--You cant do anything with it--Its gone ...onto paper.---You can try to get it back,but for now, its gone.--That person who sold you those shares can now buy heaps more with your dosh--Im not saying to sell ,but rationalizing is wasted time-its not a valid argument.
    Those bad news stories should be taken on board to reassess the risk involved--If you want to stay in ..fine (but the odds are looking a bit worse to many who have DYOR.
    ''Saving people money'' is unfortunately been the only game in town for a long while now.-but to be safe ,how about ''saved myself alot of money'' is that ok?
    I suppose I could take my dosh and buy maybe twice the amount of shares you(or some)bought @ double the price,but Ive not seen enough good reason to jump on that train.
    Those ''most likelys''arent panning out so cautioin is not a silly idea atm.
    Looks to me that TJ may have actually read this thread. The selling of shares to buy a deck was a subject of discussion on here long before TJ ever became part of the scene. However that is probably unverifiable due to the length of the thread and posts missing. Feel free to do a reread, though.
    Shouldnt take more than a few weeks. By then we may have some glad tidings

Anybody done (or updated) a DCF for PEB?

T_j --- you would have updated yours after the HY. What's it saying - still the $1.70 /$1.85 range?
    Last edited by winner69; 03-12-2015 at 02:05 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Anybody done (or updated) a DCF for PEB?

T_j --- you would have updated yours after the HY. What's it saying - still the $1.70 /$1.85 range?
    It's saying that these cheap shares are a great opportunity for people to top up. Tick tock, up up and away.