sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by When the bass drops View Post

I wasn't initially going to make many posts on this thread, and this might be one of the last for a while.
    Hopefully not WTBD - Sharetrader is currently recruiting new members who post stuff as we appear to have misplaced some of the established members.

As an aside ( seeing as you are When The Bass Drops ) I went to Western Springs last night on Winners recommendation - Thunderstruck you could actually feel - it was awesomely dumb loud good fun
    Last edited by Crackity; 16-12-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: AC / DC report....

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    Hopefully not WTBD - Sharetrader is currently recruiting new members who post stuff
    WTBD don't be too alarmed by some responses. Only time will tell who is right.

1. Nothing has materially changed with the company fundamentals despite all the market noise
    4. In my view, the price is currently at bargain levels given where we know the price has been, and where the price could be when the PEB plan comes to fruition
    Plenty has materially changed :

- huge costs over-run,

- capital raising (after flagging no more) to keep the company solvent,

- delays in obtaining agreements,

- delays in user programs,

- failure and cancellation of distribution agreement in Australasia,

- failure of distribution agreement in Spain and EU,

- change in timeline to achieve $100m sales, and last but not least

- directors not putting their money where their mouths are.

The world does not standstill, much as PEB and some posters would like it to. Nokia found that it can become feather duster after being rooster on the mount as the world progresses from one development to another.

Bargain level? Feltex was a steal at 2c given it traded at $1.80. Likewise, Pumpkin Patch must be a raging bargain at 13c as it had traded as high as $5.00 and nothing material has changed - the company still survives and sells children's clothings (I think).
    Last edited by Balance; 17-12-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    WTBD don't be too alarmed by some responses. Only time will tell who is right.
    That was a genuine invitation to post on whatever share you like - the jury is definitely out on PEB - welcome to ST WTBDs
    Last edited by Crackity; 16-12-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    Hopefully not WTBD - Sharetrader is currently recruiting new members who post stuff as we appear to have misplaced some of the established members.

As an aside ( seeing as you are When The Bass Drops ) I went to Western Springs last night on Winners recommendation - Thunderstruck you could actually feel - it was awesomely dumb loud good fun
    So you enjoyed AC DC eh. Really great spectacle wasn't it. I loved the cannons at the end

Keeping on topic - I would suspect a few of the tens of thousands who went are potential PEB customers if it ever gets widely accepted in nz
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Thanks for sharing your opinion WBD--Do you include sticking to schedules and the ability to negotiate and market the product in the fundamentals you speak of?
    Could you share what has given you full confidence they have the ability to get things done,how they are still on track,and why their price is a bargain atm.--It would help the debate..
    Dont mean to pic on you WBD.
    On some of the other threads there is wise advice on just what constitutes a bargain. I was actually surprised (as Im sure were many)when the SP dipped from the 60 odd cents for the cap raising to where it is now,so its pretty relative. Its certainly a bargain compared to $1.70 ,but alot of water (and not enough urine) has gone under the bridge since then.
    If you have been holding for a while and reading the posts you will have heard the debates(if not ,its educational to do so)
    As time goes on without much in the way of results its gets harder to make really positive assumptions-(we kind of need a bit of ''back up'' at this stage.
    With the cap raising ,they certainly have the dosh to carry on,but more and more ,its becoming obvious that those approvals and uptakes are the key and I dont think thats a given anymore now that doubt has been cast on the reliability or the urine biomarkers in general,and if approved we still cant be sure of the numbers(sales)
    It would be silly to assume they are finished but the jury is out atm--Bioteks are notoriously speculative so I guess it comes with the turf.
    What are some of the other similar shares that you mentioned you have?
    I sold PEB and dabbled in a few other Bioteks also and they produced better than PEB has so far -I had that discussion when I made the change so I wont get back into that.(the main one was farther along on the growth curve which made it a safer bet to me-(It was brought to my attention by another poster) I wont drop names but I appreciated HER input
    There could still be money to be made on PEB ,even if they dont make it in the longer term in termsd of SP spikes on announcements ,even if they dont produce--but just looking at performance of PEB compared to other shares on the NZX-its not looking like a winner at this stage-----its a punt.....Welcome to the lions den

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So you enjoyed AC DC eh. Really great spectacle wasn't it. I loved the cannons at the end

Keeping on topic - I would suspect a few of the tens of thousands who went are potential PEB customers if it ever gets widely accepted in nz
    I hope they remembered to turn their hearing aids down before those cannons! (unless they brought an extra pair of diapers)

skid/Balance.. I would expect nothing less than a Lions Den. As soon as I clicked reply to my second post of ST, I came to the realisation that each and every thing I said would be scrutinised with evidence and rebuttal from others with contrary viewpoints. I can't really refute your points. I'm holding PEB on a lot of faith and patience.

skid... I love your turn of phrase regarding urine and water. What a wordsmith you are. As you've got out of PEB, I take it you hold a portfolio of shares containing the likes of MFT, FPH, AIA, MET, VHP etc. i.e. a selection of the well knowns. You could set me right.

I won't reveal my other holdings at this stage, but I will say PEB has been a bigger emphasis of my share portfolio. I have a property portfolio away from share trading so I'm in no way setting myself up for financial ruin if PEB goes belly up (for whatever reason).

As I only got into PEB myself in 2014, I haven't experienced the major cycle of fluctuations that many of you have followed or experienced from a return perspective (since 2001). I'm willing to slowly build what I have and keep an eye on all the announcements. Its fair to say I'm putting a lot of faith in these guys and hope to see some good things from now to June 2016. Nothing that has happened so far has made me panic and look to sell my shares at a loss. Long game.

On an AC/DC front, apparently they could be heard from Birkenhead on the North Shore. Wow.

The competition is not sitting around which is why I want to see those VA and CMS deals signed by the May 2016 results (originally predicted to be finalized by Aug 2014). Competition is to be expected and it doesn't appear that anyone has come up with a better and cheaper test so far but it certainly increases the risk for us investors.

http://www.arquerdx.com/arquer-diagnostics-announces-clinical-study-for-recurrent-bladder-cancer/#more-487

Guru

skid/Balance.. I would expect nothing less than a Lions Den. As soon as I clicked reply to my second post of ST, I came to the realisation that each and every thing I said would be scrutinised with evidence and rebuttal from others with contrary viewpoints. I can't really refute your points. I'm holding PEB on a lot of faith and patience.

skid... I love your turn of phrase regarding urine and water. What a wordsmith you are. As you've got out of PEB, I take it you hold a portfolio of shares containing the likes of MFT, FPH, AIA, MET, VHP etc. i.e. a selection of the well knowns. You could set me right.

I won't reveal my other holdings at this stage, but I will say PEB has been a bigger emphasis of my share portfolio. I have a property portfolio away from share trading so I'm in no way setting myself up for financial ruin if PEB goes belly up (for whatever reason).

As I only got into PEB myself in 2014, I haven't experienced the major cycle of fluctuations that many of you have followed or experienced from a return perspective (since 2001). I'm willing to slowly build what I have and keep an eye on all the announcements. Its fair to say I'm putting a lot of faith in these guys and hope to see some good things from now to June 2016. Nothing that has happened so far has made me panic and look to sell my shares at a loss. Long game.

On an AC/DC front, apparently they could be heard from Birkenhead on the North Shore. Wow.
    Was into NAN-UBI-GBI all OZ but am down to the bare bones at this point--my gut is telling me Id rather miss gains than collect loses in todays market climate-many are doing ok atm thouigh and good on them -most of my assets are property ,like you.