sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Received below from PEB today....

Pacific Edge and Cxbladder in USA Today
    This past*weekend in the US, Pacific Edge and Cxbladder*featured in a publication*titled "The Fight Against Cancer", which was included in over 450,000 issues of the USA Today in selected states, reaching some 1.3 million readers.
    The campaign saw us uniting with likeminded industry leaders and advocates to provide the most recent information and resources available to inform, prevent and treat cancer in the 21st century.
    We are proud to be featured amongst this leading group of experts and luminaries, who have shared their personal experiences, innovative technologies, research and cancer awareness efforts.
    A key opinion leader, Dr Neal Shore, Medical Director of Carolina Urologic Research Center, wrote about urine's role in bladder cancer management. Read his full editorial here:*http://www.futureofpersonalhealth.co...cer-management
    A full page Cxbladder advertisement*featured next to Dr Shore's article, along with information about online patient community, bladdercancer.me
    For the full campaign online, visit: www.futureofpersonalhealth.com

Some mention of PEB in the CDY annual report out last night, from page 8:
    Pacific Edge increased its operating revenue from $1.9 million in 2015 to $4.9 million in 2016 (162% increase). This growth was assisted by a number of provider agreements for Cxbladder including Veteran's Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid in the USA.
    Presumably this isn't actually accurate about CMS, because we would've heard about it from PEB already, surely... right?

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by slack View Post
    Some mention of PEB in the CDY annual report out last night, from page 8:
    Presumably this isn't actually accurate about CMS, because we would've heard about it from PEB already, surely... right?
    Thanks for posting, looking fwd to PEB's next update.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/cephei...nitor-cm691014

Interesting how new urine tests keep getting launched - so where does this place CxBladder in the overall scheme of tests out there?

Cash reserves for PEB must be down now well below 12 months cash burn - time to start talking to underwriters again?

Has CMS coverage still not materialised? I got out of PEB a long time ago, but even at that time I was assuming CMS was still not that far around the corner. I would never have guessed that they still wouldn't have got the big insurance coverage in the US by now...

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Has CMS coverage still not materialised? I got out of PEB a long time ago, but even at that time I was assuming CMS was still not that far around the corner. I would never have guessed that they still wouldn't have got the big insurance coverage in the US by now...
    Dont worry this is a slick operation!

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Only coming up to 3 years and 2 capital raisings since CMS coverage was mentioned as imminent. Guess there will be a few more capital raisings to come before they get CMS coverage.

Dec 2013 : "Mr Swann welcomed Obamacare as ''an opportunity'', but the legislative changes meant Pacific Edge had to wait longer and make changes to gain CMS accreditation, but he hopes it will be through early in 2014".

May 2016 : "We have mobilised our expanded US sales force and are working hard to secure further opportunities including the Centre for Medicaid and Medicare Services and the completion of the Kaiser Permanente User Programme."

Aug 2016 : "We have identified the VA, Kaiser Permanente and the Centres for Medicare and Medicaid as large potential customers which could be transformational for our company and we are working closely with them".

Like the part in Aug 2016 about identifying CMS as large potential customers? ��
    Last edited by Balance; 13-10-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Only coming up to 3 years and 2 capital raisings since CMS coverage was mentioned as imminent. Guess there will be a few more capital raisings to come before they get CMS coverage.

Dec 2013 : "Mr Swann welcomed Obamacare as ''an opportunity'', but the legislative changes meant Pacific Edge had to wait longer and make changes to gain CMS accreditation, but he hopes it will be through early in 2014".

May 2016 : "We have mobilised our expanded US sales force and are working hard to secure further opportunities including the Centre for Medicaid and Medicare Services and the completion of the Kaiser Permanente User Programme."

Aug 2016 : "We have identified the VA, Kaiser Permanente and the Centres for Medicare and Medicaid as large potential customers which could be transformational for our company and we are working closely with them".

Like the part in Aug 2016 about identifying CMS as large potential customers? ��
    Balance, its good to see you're not totally downbeat about PEB's chances of penetration into the US; making a guess that a few more capital raisings to come before they get CMS coverage isn't necessarily a bad comment - guessing that sometime in the next 2-3 years, PEB may be looking for a takeover at a heavy discount of 75c per share (or some kind of implosion) would be a vote of non-confidence in the company. As a PEB supporter, even I am of the view that they will need one more capital raising, but I'm not in doubt that good times are ahead for the company if they keep plugging away at the establishments. The company has overpromised in terms of dates to tick off milestones, which perhaps they should be criticised for given the pace that things have been happening, but I do believe the patience of long term holders (namely those genuinely interested in supporting the biotech sector) will be rewarded in the years to come.

As most recent as the AGM DD has stated that there will be no more cap raises required. How will current shareholders feel when the money tin is put out again? I'm surprised they havent tried to flip the ownership to a US parent and duel list over there to try it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    As most recent as the AGM DD has stated that there will be no more cap raises required. How will current shareholders feel when the money tin is put out again? I'm surprised they havent tried to flip the ownership to a US parent and duel list over there to try it all again.
    I have faith in the company, but I don't think DD should have made the bold claim of no more cap raises being needed. He may very well be correct, but I think his claim was provisional on one of the big guys, they have targeted, becoming a full-paying customer. I think they may need another 12 months worth of cash, perhaps $16m, to get to that cash flow positive level. Still have faith in the company.