sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Instead of trying to rush in to display your undoubted prowess in anything share related Skid - have another read of what I posted, then think about what my post was related to and lastly, why I posted it....then, maybe, you might connect the dots.

(Sometimes taking a moment to understand another poster's viewpoint before clambering to "attack the keyboard" may help to strengthen your experience).
    ''The point is'' ---You were making a point...but imo there was a flaw in your logic about the point you were making --(Your stuff about Balance was beside the point-- If you want to make that your main point,,say so----the issue was about Jackies motivation to buy the shares--(or take the gift)...if you want to use it as a veil to have a go at another poster ,so be it.----whats more important in terms of PEB..your opinion of Balances investing motivations...or Jackie Walker getting a bunch of cheap PEB options?
    Last edited by skid; 04-04-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Just finished running the peb logic-scenario through the machine; Unusual events tend to be prescient flags to impending actions, manipulated option prices are a significant flag. With the minimal amounts of publically available data, and admittedly insufficient amounts to generate any form of relative degree of certainty vs validating forward extrapolations, my rough estimate is that something is happening behind the scenes, and certain people are repositioning ready for future events. Just how the event(s) turns out is yet to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Just finished running the peb logic-scenario through the machine; Unusual events tend to be prescient flags to impending actions, manipulated option prices are a significant flag. With the minimal amounts of publically available data, and admittedly insufficient amounts to generate any form of relative degree of certainty vs validating forward extrapolations, my rough estimate is that something is happening behind the scenes, and certain people are repositioning ready for future events. Just how the event(s) turns out is yet to be seen.
    Good or bad events?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good or bad events?
    Unknown, its all just present actions with probable/statistical/theoretical outcomes.
    I may be completly wrong and its just another method of collecting delayed salary, or not?

Has their PR front gone quiet lately?
    Last edited by arc; 04-04-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Unknown, its all just present actions with probable/statistical/theoretical outcomes.
    I may be completly wrong and its just another method of collecting delayed salary, or not?
    There will be hell to pay if the Board approved a major variation, as in reducing the exercise price of options before they lapse so an executive can grab hold of the shares and something happens.

Remember PEB has already been fined $500k by FMA for breach of disclosure rules. ExChairman and CEO also have not covered themselves in glory selling shares after the infamous 'several tens of thousands of tests' comment.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-04-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Guru

Its an interesting concept ,but certainly buying a bunch of shares at market price make for a stronger case on the good scenario side--To me it seems far more likely that it is a way of rewarding a key player in an atmosphere of tight money. (Not necessarily making a value judgement on that -they would certainly not be the first as it has become pretty common place)...one thing for sure ..not much to go on these days.
    Obamacare has survived for the time being. So how does this affect the medical community on a whole in the US? Is there more certainty?

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Its an interesting concept ,but certainly buying a bunch of shares at market price make for a stronger case on the good scenario side--To me it seems far more likely that it is a way of rewarding a key player in an atmosphere of tight money. (Not necessarily making a value judgement on that -they would certainly not be the first as it has become pretty common place)...one thing for sure ..not much to go on these days.
    Obamacare has survived for the time being. So how does this affect the medical community on a whole in the US? Is there more certainty?
    Even more uncertainty as Trump just announced he wants to work with the Democrats to revamp healthcare!

There appears to be support for the peb operation, personally I wish them well, its a tough climate and I suspect globally it can only get tougher.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/299321

Guru

There appears to be support for the peb operation, personally I wish them well, its a tough climate and I suspect globally it can only get tougher.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/299321
    you mean this bit?
    Summary for Clarity Funds Management Limited
    (a) total number held in class: 0
    (b) total in class: 399,277,161
    (c) total percentage held in class: 0%

Details of transactions and events giving rise to substantial holding
    Details of the transactions or other events requiring disclosure: Substantial holding due
    to business reorganisation on 03/04/2017 which gave rise to a relevant interest
    for Investment Services Group due to ownership of Devon Funds Management
    Limited and Clarity Funds Management Limited.

They announced their SSH the other day because they were swapping from one fund to another. Not actually buying any more...
    Last edited by blackcap; 04-04-2017 at 10:53 AM.

wot blackcap said - just a change of underlying fund relevant interests