sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

ODT's take on the meeting.....Directors and CEO on notice......$1.5 mill cash burn per month.... clock ticking..... but DD confident costs will be 'contained' this year.

Interesting year ahead for PEB. (Disc; not holding, but watching and waiting.)

It was interesting that David D, when talking about the two VA Centers that are now sending in tests, mentioned that they did not need to do user programs for these two centers. Acceptance is slow but appears to be gaining traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Thanks Arthur,

I'm keeping an eye on the competition and assisting with company valuations, MDX are releasing their bladder cancer product this year.

http://mdxhealth.com/sites/default/f...ation.8917.pdf
    Thanks. PEB says these guys will need to pass all of the same hurdles and time delays that they have had to get this far. It might be easier for the second mover. The biggest competition appears to be urologists reluctance to change. Kaiser may well be the key (but I am sure they are aware of that and are playing hardball) The DHBs that have adopted PEB tests quickly reduced their wait lists. Any health bureaucrat worth their salt will realise that using these tests is good PR, saves money and improves patient outcomes.

Did quite a few shareholders vote against David being reelected as a Director?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    AGM thoughts. Bureaucrats and process will decide if the company dies or thrives. The directors admit time is ticking, but say they have no control over the timing of any formative customers. Kaiser is meant to be itching to use the tests, put the paperwork seems never ending. There are so many other things happening at Kaiser that these tests are insignificant to them. When (if) the deal is signed they will be fast to implement (the planning is in place for acceptance). The American director said they were doing well in the CMS process. In his experience progress was faster than he would have expected. On the bright side 2 of the VA centres targeted have already taken the tests on board. They have expanded the target VA centre group to 14, up from an initial 5. Mid Central health is significant, there is high expectations others will be forced to follow their lead.
    There was a clinical slide shown at the AGM that provided compelling evidence as the the need for PEB tests. Schedule price is over $2,000 a test (higher than I thought it would be). My gut feeling is that in 5 years this with either have gone under or will be worth $5 a share. I will hold
    Thank you for your thoughts, it is much appreciated (I am a fellow holder).

I note there was no mentioned of an impending need for capital so things can't be that bad (can they?)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Did quite a few shareholders vote against David being reelected as a Director?
    Probably a protest vote - no surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Probably a protest vote - no surprises.
    [/FONT]
    But 12.66% vote NO for both Williams and our beloved David is some protest

I would hazard it a guess it is a group of some of the larger insto shareholders (seeing similar %ages for both)

More than a protest I reckon - dissatisfaction more like it

Don't directors normally get 99% plus in these things

PS - Balance doesn't have quite that many shares so not him
    Last edited by winner69; 25-08-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I would hazard it a guess it is a group of some of the larger insto shareholders (seeing similar %ages for both)

PS - Balance doesn't have quite that many shares so not him
    Could be one of the instos - they do own most of the company these days, they don't want to sell and book a loss (hardly any SSH notices this year), but still want to make a statement that they aren't a happy chappy

Guru

You might want to have a look at MPG... 28.4% - thats over 1 in 4 people (not just 1 angry insto) who voted no to Sir John Goulter being elected as a Director of Metro Performance Glass...
    (and he's a Sir)

And unlike PEB, 61.2% of the issued capital voted (PEB not even half, 44.1%, voted)... that's what you call dissatisfaction I reckon.

Makes Williams and old DD look like a star in contrast don't you think?
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 25-08-2017 at 11:17 AM.

they acknowledge the long game......
    but once again, on the cusp.

Medical Definition of cusp. 1: a point on the grinding surface of a tooth.

tbh being on this cusp sounds a bit painful
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    It was interesting that David D, when talking about the two VA Centers that are now sending in tests, mentioned that they did not need to do user programs for these two centers. Acceptance is slow but appears to be gaining traction.
    There are 152 VA Medical Centers and 1400 out patient clinics. If they can gain traction here it will buy them a few more months (seems the biggest short term hope at this stage)