sharetrader
    AWOL

Nice one, Balance, attacking someone whom you know no longer has the ability to reply here.

Do enjoy your temporary time in the sun.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 30-11-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Nice one, Balance, attacking someone whom you know no longer has the ability to reply here.

Do enjoy your temporary time in the sun.
    Two points of order:

1. Did not know that Hancock is banned.

2. Brain fart is his favorite term which he used to insult anyone who disagreed with him.
    Last edited by Balance; 30-11-2017 at 08:36 PM.

I'm sure it has been said before - 1071 pages dedicated to a company that has gone nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm sure it has been said before - 1071 pages dedicated to a company that has gone nowhere
    Gone nowhere but burnt through $100m plus of shareholders funds
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

EX 1H18 Report: In addition, Pacific Edge is continuing to work through the process required to gain inclusion in the LCD from the CMS. Once this is received, it will enable consistent and timely reimbursement for Medicare patients, on normal CMS payment terms. The inclusion into the LCD and the commensurate pricing negotiation will provide the catalyst for Pacific Edge to negotiate agreements with other private payers which view the CMS pricing as a benchmark, providing further certainty on price and payment terms for Pacific Edge.

Seems like a heavily implied confirmation to me. ( maybe it really is on its way and it kills them not to be able to come out and just say so? )
    I have not found this sort of confirmatory statement in the last 4 reports...

Because I am a layman I do not see PEB's differentiation from the rest of the market, BTA TRAK® + NMP-22 BladderChek® + The UroVysion® are all bladder cancer diagnostic and monitoring products that are already approved by the FDA and granted LCD ( which PEB has been progressing through for the last 4 years ) - PEB said they were ahead of the competition though... am i missing something?
    Last edited by hardt; 01-12-2017 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    EX 1H18 Report: In addition, Pacific Edge is continuing to work through the process required to gain inclusion in the LCD from the CMS. Once this is received, it will enable consistent and timely reimbursement for Medicare patients, on normal CMS payment terms. The inclusion into the LCD and the commensurate pricing negotiation will provide the catalyst for Pacific Edge to negotiate agreements with other private payers which view the CMS pricing as a benchmark, providing further certainty on price and payment terms for Pacific Edge.

Seems like a heavily implied confirmation to me. ( maybe it really is on its way and it kills them not to be able to come out and just say so? )

Because I am a layman I do not see PEB's differentiation from the rest of the market, BTA TRAK® + NMP-22 BladderChek® + The UroVysion® are all bladder cancer diagnostic and monitoring products that are already approved by the FDA and granted LCD ( which PEB has been progressing through for the last 4 years ) - PEB said they were ahead of the competition though... am i missing something?
    Suspect PEB deciding not to get FDA approval was/is a really bad strategic mistake and shows management has not got a clue how the health system in the States work.

In trying to short-cut the process of not getting FDA approval, PEB has wasted 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post

PEB has the more accurate test (significantly) but not having the LCD is a massive handycap to the certainty around reimbursement/flows.

The "Once this is received" is better terminology than "If this is received" which is why they have used it. I believe they will get LCD but very late in the piece, and long after Kaiser is ticked off with an agreement. (IMHO)

I agree with Balance that PEB should have scoped more heavily the reality of the US health system pertaining to the penetration of new products, instead of learning on the fly. As healthcare is so volatile at the moment in the US, PEB may have no choice but to learn new things on the fly.

In relation to some of the conspiracy theories around the spending habits of DD, I trust that he is generally responsible along these lines and only makes US trips when he has to. It's reasonable to assume the 'transformational' customers or other big groups would want to see DD directly (even in preference to a high quality Skype) for hand-shakes, and I would expect DD to incur the highest travel costs. Premium economy can be justified in my view and mid range accommodation. Bringing family along would be unacceptable. Is there anything public on the PEB travel policy for staff?
    Last edited by When the bass drops; 01-12-2017 at 10:17 AM.

I think in older annual reports (I havent seen them do this recently) they had a line for Conference/Travel expenses, might have been ~$2M back in 2015? I could be imagining things, someone diligent might find this?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    I think in older annual reports (I havent seen them do this recently) they had a line for Conference/Travel expenses, might have been ~$2M back in 2015? I could be imagining things, someone diligent might find this?
    a one minute search shows $915k in 2015 and $703k in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    a one minute search shows $915k in 2015 and $703k in 2014

Given the 'explosive' growth (of staff, especially in US), the focus on US and forays into other overseas markets (Singapore, Hong Kong etc), will be safe to assume that conference/travel expenses in 2016 and 2017 will be at least double that of 2015.