sharetrader

Whats their % holding of total. I think above 5% is public?

Previously SuperLife have had to do disclosures, yes 5%+

Harbour, Devon, Salt and the underwriters have yet another opportunity then to top up their PEB shareholding with even cheaper shares!

Think they will step up to the plate?
    Last edited by Balance; 23-04-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Slip, sliding away ...... where are the PEB believers?

Cheap shares on offer!
    Last edited by Balance; 23-04-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by When the bass drops View Post
    c.

I hope they don't do that, but I also concede it is contrary to their "passive approach" to investing. NZX has been a frontrunner in the NZ market with their ETF products through the Smartshares/SuperLife vehicle.
    . The passive funds FNZ, TNZ etc stay passive and are bound by their constitution and other documents. I doubt very much that Superlife is selling shares on a whim in their passive funds. That would be quite illegal, or at least breach of contract.

The active vehicles that Superlife have are just that, Active. If they want to sell the PEB shares in the Geronimo (or whatever that fund was called) then good on them, that is within the mandate.

Once I found out my partner had her Kiwisaver in said Geronimo, I did a bit of research and found out that it held like a 1/4 of their funds in PEB. Suffice to say I got her switched out quick smart. https://www.superlife.co.nz/investme.../gemino-closed
    Last edited by blackcap; 23-04-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    . The passive funds FNZ, TNZ etc stay passive and are bound by their constitution and other documents. I doubt very much that Superlife is selling shares on a whim in their passive funds. That would be quite illegal, or at least breach of contract.

The active vehicles that Superlife have are just that, Active. If they want to sell the PEB shares in the Geronimo (or whatever that fund was called) then good on them, that is within the mandate.

Once I found out my partner had her Kiwisaver in said Geronimo, I did a bit of research and found out that it held like a 1/4 of their funds in PEB. Suffice to say I got her switched out quick smart. https://www.superlife.co.nz/investme.../gemino-closed
    "The Gemino Fund invests in a concentrated portfolio of investments where each individual investment has the potential to provide a return equivalent to doubling in value over a 3-year period."

: - 25.19% in the last year!

: - 3.72% p.a in the last 3 years

Holy crap - takes some kind of genius to register such negative returns in the kind of market we have been in!

WDT, PEB etc !

Oh well, takes all kinds to make a market!

Anyone knows who’s the geniuses/fund managers behind this fund?
    Last edited by Balance; 23-04-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Oh yeah Balance - thanks for reminding me...).
    The ignore function works really well, honestly it does. If you don't like being schooled incessantly by those who have more time on their hands than warrants a life away from endless repetitive rebuttals, use it.

I won't see the inevitable reply, unless it's from you or someone else

Good luck Dentie, one day PEB may actually deliver. I just don't know what day that is, nor do I care very much, it's a small punt on a better future and if it happens a biggly upside reward.

Meantime I don't need or care about the incessant reminders, because I ignore them. Simple.

Cheers
    BAA

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...eb.nzx-280365/

Update almost exactly the same as the one in April 2016!

April 2018 - On CMS - "We are well down the track."

April 2017 - On CMS - "Pleasingly, we are well down the track on this!"

April 2016 - On CMS - "Pleasingly, we are well down the track on this process!"

But wait, there's more!

There is this in November 2015 (2015) - On CMS - "We are progressing well in our discussions ..."
    Newbies to this thread will note that supporters of the company are very quick to castigate anyone who points out (yes, maybe repetitively) the failings of the directors and management of PEB.

But they WILL NEVER castigate the company for the repetitive assertions made by PEB (good example re CMS above) which fail to materialise.

Only conclusion one can draw is that they have two standards - one for their beloved company and one for anyone who dares to steer investors away from losing more money with this dog.

So take note and take care.

Let's appoint Balance to managing director of the PEB thread. Anyone want to second that one?

Quote Originally Posted by When the bass drops View Post
    Let's appoint Balance to managing director of the PEB thread. Anyone want to second that one?
    That would be like voting for President Trump.