sharetrader

Yep I see the comparisons. There might be a policy to send PEBlers over the border and build that wall. Perhaps a Stormy David's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Newbies to this thread will note that supporters of the company are very quick to castigate anyone who points out (yes, maybe repetitively) the failings of the directors and management of PEB.

But they WILL NEVER castigate the company for the repetitive assertions made by PEB (good example re CMS above) which fail to materialise.

Only conclusion one can draw is that they have two standards - one for their beloved company and one for anyone who dares to steer investors away from losing more money with this dog.

So take note and take care.
    My advice to any newbies is to "undertake your own thorough research - like you would with any other investment target".

Prospective investors shouldn't allow themselves to be influenced by anonymous poster's (like me!) - and especially those who, despite their self appointed investing guru status, have lost money in PEB (unlike me!). Those posters use threads like this to vent their disappointment and get it out of their system.

Balance, I think you may have come a cropper with PEB because you were (and still are?) trying to apply the research techniques you might use with the Blue Chips with a small (biotech) start up like PEB. They have completely different configurations. One is speculative (risky) - one is not (much less risky). Pretty simple stuff to understand.

What PEB has to offer is world class products. I have always believed the mistake they made was going to the US market prematurely. History has shown the place is a basket (barking?) case when it comes to introducing anything new in the medical/biotech space. The "dog" may not actually be PEB....

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post

Prospective investors shouldn't allow themselves to be influenced by anonymous poster's (like me!) - and especially those who, despite their self appointed investing guru status, have lost money in PEB (unlike me!). Those posters use threads like this to vent their disappointment and get it out of their system.
    Haha - sorry to disappoint you and your effort to deflect newbies from my accurate appraisal and calls on PEB by insinuating I write as I do because I lost money.

Have not lost a single cent on PEB and certainly, I have no intention to lose any!

You realize of course that your post above however actually tells a lot about your character!
    Last edited by Balance; 25-04-2018 at 03:17 PM.

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...Edge-Ltd/page6

Anyone following this thread will observe that this thread only became 'live' from August 2012 (page 6 - now it's page 1088) when the sp started moving very rapidly upwards.

No issue that I was an early and eager supporter until the misleading information and pathetic attempts to explain away the delays, cash raisings etc started surfacing from the company.

The rest as they say, is history repeating itself.

Ironical, isn't it, that PEB's sp is now back to where it was in 2012?
    Last edited by Balance; 25-04-2018 at 03:20 PM.

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...9-Serko/page22

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Well done Balance, and thank you for alerting me to this one. A very healthy addition to my humble portfolio, and on today's news looking very exciting for the years ahead.
    For the newbies who read the site and gained the deliberately planted false impression that yours sincerely here only write negative stuff, have a look at Serko.

You can see why my detractors here are so down in the dumps with their investment in PEB?

Since Jan 2017, Serko up 900% (yes, 900%) while poor old PEB shareholders who chose to stay in and ignore all the negative developments and misleading PR are down 43%.
    Last edited by Balance; 01-05-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Ups to Serko - good stuff. PEB is a long game, and I assume wise investors only have it as part of a much larger portfolio - your safe-as-houses, your blue chips, your speculative high-risk-high-rewards. It will occur, timing uncertain.

Quote Originally Posted by When the bass drops View Post
    Ups to Serko - good stuff. PEB is a long game, and I assume wise investors only have it as part of a much larger portfolio - your safe-as-houses, your blue chips, your speculative high-risk-high-rewards. It will occur, timing uncertain.
    No need to worry then about the F18 results coming out soon - no doubt the results will show:

- More cash burned towards doomsday

- More talk about trans formative customers

- More comments about how great CxBladder suite of products are but patience, patience, patient, patient

- Extending the US$100m revenue target by another 5 years.

All good long term stuff.

The cash will be further used towards the Kaiser signing - not doomsday.

Signing with these big trans-formative customers, they're dealing with the rigor mortis speed of the US health market. This is not to mask the reality that PEB heavily underestimated the difficulties operating in this market.

The PEB sales/commercial/negotiation strategies have been far from perfect, agreed, but there isn't really much more they can do at the moment particularly when it comes to Kaiser. There needs to be some noise created as to the importance of improved/disruptive bladder detection in and around the California medical fraternity, at which time the signing on the dotted line by the head Kaiser personnel will quell the noise.

For the record, yes all shareholders are somewhat frustrated with the timing and have a vested interest in seeing the commercial breakthroughs.

Quote Originally Posted by When the bass drops View Post
    The cash will be further used towards the Kaiser signing - not doomsday.

Signing with these big trans-formative customers, they're dealing with the rigor mortis speed of the US health market. This is not to mask the reality that PEB heavily underestimated the difficulties operating in this market.
    3 years - if Kaiser was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

PEB has employed some highly paid sales staff (relationship or account managers, I think they are called) who have been doing what? Burning cash while PEB waits for Kaiser and CMS!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    3 years - if Kaiser was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

PEB has employed some highly paid sales staff (relationship or account managers, I think they are called) who have been doing what? Burning cash while PEB waits for Kaiser and CMS!
    Balance, you don't know that for sure. I would suggest its most likely a heavy delay, rather than an almighty string-along. Maybe murmurings around the Kaiser staff being trained up on cxbladder testing, to hit the ground running from the appointed time, would say otherwise.

Again, we presume to know exactly what the sales staff are doing.