sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post
    Hasn't been below 30c since late 2012
    Seems right ...not long before it went to $1.67 or something

Who sold then?

Not me ...I sold at $1.50 odd
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Looks like to me that PEB are getting their accounts retrospectively in order so that they can go back to the market for more money, they are trying to comply with the U S accounting standards so that they can raise there and not be found to be in breach of U S law , very distressing to me if that is the case , have they been pulling the wool over N Z investors and regulators eyes ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Looks like to me that PEB are getting their accounts retrospectively in order so that they can go back to the market for more money, they are trying to comply with the U S accounting standards so that they can raise there and not be found to be in breach of U S law , very distressing to me if that is the case , have they been pulling the wool over N Z investors and regulators eyes ?
    Just about everyone on here knows of that ever increasing receivables pile...
    They will need the market to keep them afloat until/if that Kaiser deal happens ( as they have been doing for a while now )

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Just about everyone on here knows of that ever increasing receivables pile...
    They will need the market to keep them afloat until/if that Kaiser deal happens ( as they have been doing for a while now )
    Yes, just about everyone except the ones who swore that PEB never gave away free tests and we were the ones who had no idea how medical reimbursements worked in the States!

Turned out that PEB was busy 'manufacturing' sales revenues and gross profits (in effect, minimizing the already sizeable losses).

I honestly cannot see how PEB can recover its credibility after this. The fund managers are going to have to justify to their investment committees why they should invest in PEB, alone alone put in more money!
    Last edited by Balance; 23-05-2018 at 09:24 PM.

I will be buying lots of popcorn..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yes, just about everyone except the ones who swore that PEB never gave away free tests and we were the ones who had no idea how medical reimbursements worked in the States!

Turned out that PEB was busy 'manufacturing' sales revenues and gross profits (in effect, minimizing the already sizeable losses).

I honestly cannot see how PEB can recover its credibility after this. The fund managers are going to have to justify to their investment committees why they should invest in PEB, alone alone put in more money!
    My wise finance professor always said to me "cashflow is paramount, all else is noise". Wise words those, especially the light started flickering once I embarked on an accounting degree. As a naieve youngster I thought "revenue", "expenses" and "profit" were good parameters but now I know a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    My wise finance professor always said to me "cashflow is paramount, all else is noise". Wise words those, especially the light started flickering once I embarked on an accounting degree. As a naieve youngster I thought "revenue", "expenses" and "profit" were good parameters but now I know a lot better.
    So true blackcap

The Cash Flow Statement is the most important part of the accounts

Pity more punters don’t understand it better

Classic example is Pushpay ....reported revenues arev$70m odd but cash from customers is $38m. The difference is the cut taken by the card companies (MasterCard etc) - Pushpay never see that cash butvstill count it as revenues (which is proper accounting treatment with the fees going into cost of sales)

David says it’s ‘been a busy year’ losing $20m (accumulated losses now $120m)

Just imagine the gush of cash that’ll come flowing when all those ‘billable’ tests get paid - transformational

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...614/280066.pdf

So FY 18 op revenue is $3.4M?? I am trying to understand their shambolic release. Incoming cap raise and/or staff reduction. Its border line fraud or misleading the market imo.
    Last edited by Schrodinger; 29-05-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    David says it’s ‘been a busy year’ losing $20m (accumulated losses now $120m)

Just imagine the gush of cash that’ll come flowing when all those ‘billable’ tests get paid - transformational

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...614/280066.pdf
    The most appalling set of financials any auditor would have seen in their auditing life best describes PEB results.

Not because of the losses (expected) or the cash outflow (expected).

But because it's very clear that PEB had indulged in creative and deceptive accounting in the worse manner - booking and recording revenues when the revenues were based upon 'expected' reimbursements.

In other words, pray and hope but let's deceive the market in the meantime that the company was actually making progress.

But for the change in accounting policies and restatement of the historical accounts, the company would be making another round of account receivables write-offs.

Operating revenue of $3.4m with one year to go to get the US$100m target - HUMBUG!