sharetrader

All I can say is that you should always have a buy out price regardless.. I bought in at $1.. rode it all the way to 1.70 or so, then the crash happened. Didn't realize just how bad it was.
    Watched it drop under what I bought it for, thought about selling but didn't. Held on to the hopes it would eventually turn around, sixty cents.. now if it only goes up a bit I'll sell.. 50, 40.. 30.. 24.. I've had enough. I've lost more on this than I've ever made from the money I've saved in my life. Guess I'm filling out the tax form to get some of this back. Multiple years of savings down the toilet, thanks for everything PEB.

Still bleeding.. I saw it coming too. Always seem to buy in right at the end of the rises.. and selling right at the end of the falls. Why do I do this.
    Last edited by Ryrynz; 11-06-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryrynz View Post
    All I can say is that you should always have a buy out price regardless.. I bought in at $1.. rode it all the way to 1.70 or so, then the crash happened. Didn't realize just how bad it was.
    Watched it drop under what I bought it for, thought about selling but didn't. Held on to the hopes it would eventually turn around, sixty cents.. now if it only goes up a bit I'll sell.. 50, 40.. 30.. 24.. I've had enough. I've lost more on this than I've ever made from the money I've saved in my life. Guess I'm filling out the tax form to get some of this back. Multiple years of savings down the toilet, thanks for everything PEB.

Still bleeding.. I saw it coming too. Always seem to buy in right at the end of the rises.. and selling right at the end of the falls. Why do I do this.
    Your not alone Ryrynz..........there wouldnt be a person on this site that hasnt also done just that! I personally made some reasonable money out of PEB as it went ballistic however I also remember selling out at one stage and the very next day those same share were worth $45k more than I sold for!! That was pretty painful at the time but I look back now and have a chuckle to myself. Thank God it was only money.
    Have a Gr8day.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    Your not alone Ryrynz..........there wouldnt be a person on this site that hasnt also done just that! I personally made some reasonable money out of PEB as it went ballistic however I also remember selling out at one stage and the very next day those same share were worth $45k more than I sold for!! That was pretty painful at the time but I look back now and have a chuckle to myself. Thank God it was only money.
    I hope TJ managed to get out when he said he was thinking about exiting. Looks like the death spiral is well and truly in effect. If it gets in the 10's and rights issue will be so discounted that current shareholders will never get their money back even if they do succeed eventually. Rather sad story all round for what has been a promising company, and raises a lot more questions than it answers but Balance has said enough about this. Shame that this kind of thing can still happen in NZ post 2000. The FMA and NZX need to do more to offer transparency and trust.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I hope TJ managed to get out when he said he was thinking about exiting. Looks like the death spiral is well and truly in effect. If it gets in the 10's and rights issue will be so discounted that current shareholders will never get their money back even if they do succeed eventually. Rather sad story all round for what has been a promising company, and raises a lot more questions than it answers but Balance has said enough about this. Shame that this kind of thing can still happen in NZ post 2000. The FMA and NZX need to do more to offer transparency and trust.
    If we disregard the accusations of them deliberately misleading the market and any malicious wrong-doing, it seems that management and board are quite simply out of their depth or a bunch of totally incompetent bumbling fools.

Basically they are gambling the company and shareholders' money on two decisions (Kaiser and LCD) that in their own words are not in their control...!

The fact that management and board have allowed it to come to this simply beggars belief.

They should have developed and executed a realistic plan B years ago. I doubt that they have ever had one, other than to go to the market for ever more cash. And this even as plan Z is becoming less and less feasible as time and money slips away...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    If we disregard the accusations of them deliberately misleading the market and any malicious wrong-doing, it seems that management and board are quite simply out of their depth or a bunch of totally incompetent bumbling fools.

Basically they are gambling the company and shareholders' money on two decisions (Kaiser and LCD) that in their own words are not in their control...!

The fact that management and board have allowed it to come to this simply beggars belief.

They should have developed and executed a realistic plan B years ago. I doubt that they have ever had one, other than to go to the market for ever more cash. And this even as plan Z is becoming less and less feasible as time and money slips away...
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

meaning(idiomatic)" to suddenly lose a contest one seemed very likely to win, especially through mistakes or bad judgement"

Basically describes the downward spiral of PEB, in retrospect was this inevitable? Looking back I did note some concern when a large shareholder sold out at $1.50. But perhaps we all got caught up in the prospect of " $100million US dream that was promoted. Sad thing this will put future investors off any tech stock start up which may actually have good prospects. Very sad andI feel for the investors who have lost serious money.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 11-06-2018 at 11:26 AM.

IMO they should never have attempted pushing this product themselves, should've flogged the tech off to another company and made a percentage off every sale.

Sp action suggests that the institutions have broken rank?

Looks like one or two of the big institutional shareholders who were sucked into underwriting the multiple capital raisings have had enough - several tens of millions of shares looking for a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryrynz View Post

That's tough man, I bought in at $1.50...then $1, then $.72...this was all early on in my share investing career and I was definitely letting emotion get in the way. I sold half of my holding at 55c and am still scratching my head as to why I didn't sell the whole lot, I suppose I have some sick glimmer of hope that they're going to pull something out of the bag that keeps me in, although I know it is an impossible road to profitability now. Stupid emotions eh. The only saving grace is while I was foolishly chasing this down I was buying A2 shares as well.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    ...several tens of millions of shares looking for a home.
    Would that be like the PEB's 'several tens of thousands of tests' now ?
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 11-06-2018 at 12:00 PM. Reason: pluralising in the wrong place
    om mani peme hum

I'm trying to sell at 24, while the shares have dropped they're holding and the trades have been small.. This several tens of millions of shares that Bal said is likely coming up..
    Does this mean this is about to tank? Do I just take the 21 cents and run for the hills? Can't see how anyone is going to fund this further.. no doubt they'll be after more cash.. but who's going to pony up for it? Looks like everyone is getting out. Sign of death?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
    That's tough man
    Yeah, this is pretty bad. This and Snakk..Ugh.
    Last edited by Ryrynz; 11-06-2018 at 12:03 PM.