sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    Quote #1 from this article - "We are just at the beginning of this new diagnostic innovation," says the study co-senior author, Xuefeng Liu,

So only 17 years behind PEB

PEB is the 'gold' standard of how long commercialization of a test takes!!!!!?????

So I guess since Auckland has only now started putting an underground transport in place that the rest of the world will be waiting with baited breath for the new gold standard of how long underground transport development takes?

Please stop me laughing my head off - I thought I have read it all before!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    PEB is the 'gold' standard of how long commercialization of a test takes!!!!!?????

So I guess since Auckland has only now started putting an underground transport in place that the rest of the world will be waiting with baited breath for the new gold standard of how long underground transport development takes?

Please stop me laughing my head off - I thought I have read it all before!
    Hey Drew - nice to see that hook is still all baited up...

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    So says those who believe in the US$100m hook !

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    How is it the someone who has no investment or interest in a company spends so much of his time obsessed with its business.

It's terribly sad.
    I think it would be helpful if PEB could come up with a cure for OCD. We don't need a diagnostic test - the affliction is, unfortunately, painfully obvious.

They cut salespeople in USA to try and trim costs, they trimmed down to 12, but have decided to go back to 16. Personally I cant see that making a big difference either way. Perhaps they were paying a generous retainer and a percentage of "sales", not cash received. The new female director seems pretty clued up. The overall mood seemed less ra ra and more quieter optimism that it will eventually will come right. They were not happy about the cash issue question, saying they could go until next year on current cash.
    Last edited by Arthur; 31-07-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Even I am only foolish enough to be tempted by fresh bait. Old bait that has been bobbing around for a long time - no thanks.

Hang on. Does saying that you are not taking the bait mean that you actually did take the bait???
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Advanced Member

Looking as of the 31st March PEB had $12.8 million in cash. With a monthly cash deficit of $1.5 million they will run out of money by the end of November, which will result in another capital raise unless something magical happens.

How many capital raises do they need to break even?? I understand those that have stayed with this company have their own reasons, I did as well. Until I was sick of the empty promises and the "please keep believing" attitude. I sold at a loss and bought something else that made me money so far. I may buy back if the company actually runs like a business, instead of a charity. However I don't see this happening anytime soon. DYOR, but again I say it thanks Balance for making myself and others see the light.
    Last edited by Ggcc; 01-08-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Looking as of the 31st March PEB had $12.8 million in cash. With a monthly cash deficit of $1.5 million they will run out of money by the end of November, which will result in another capital raise unless something magical happens.

How many capital raises do they need to break even?? I understand those that have stayed with this company have their own reasons, I did as well. Until I was sick of the empty promises and the "please keep believing" attitude. I sold at a loss and bought something else that made me money so far. I may buy back if the company actually runs like a business, instead of a charity. However I don't see this happening anytime soon. DYOR, but again I say it thanks Balance for making myself and other see the light.
    It's a liquid market - if/when it does get through all the regulatory risks, and starts making money, then can easily buy back in once de-risked. I hope they succeed, but their track record to date isn't exactly stellar - and other fish to fry out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post

How many capital raises do they need to break even?? I understand those that have stayed with this company have their own reasons, I did as well. Until I was sick of the empty promises and the "please keep believing" attitude. I sold at a loss and bought something else that made me money so far. I may buy back if the company actually runs like a business, instead of a charity. However I don't see this happening anytime soon. DYOR, but again I say it thanks Balance for making myself and others see the light.
    Nothing magical is going to happen - PEB will need to do a cash issue and capital raising to survive.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12254670

At this year's AGM :

"We're tracking to plan" and want to get to cash-flow positive company-wide as soon as possible, he (DD) said.

"he declined to comment on whether another capital raising would be required this year."

Go back one year and what did PEB, or rather DD & CC said at the 2018 AGM :

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/cash-hard-edged-question

At last year's AGM : David Darling said "We're confident cash sales will grow for full-year 2019, to get to cash flow break-even as soon as possible".

"At question time he was asked twice by shareholders, and later by the ODT, if another cash injection from shareholders was needed, but would only reiterate the cash position was being "closely monitored".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Balance; 01-08-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Picked this two years ago:

Pacific Edge reduced its US sales force to 12 last year to contain costs, but sales growth had slowed as a result, Gallaher said. The board yesterday agreed to take that up to 16, which would still leave three lower-priority regions uncovered, he noted.

Lets run some numbers:

16x $100K = $1.6M USD ($2.4M NZD) base
    12x $100K = $1.2M USD ($1.8M NZD) base

Admin + US operation costs + commissions??

US sales $3.3M NZD 2019
    US Sales $3.2M NZD 2018

Sales team barely covering their costs. Obviously the US sales team had an amazing 2019. 16 sales people added no "extra" revenue over the whole year???

Love to see the 6th month results to see the progress.

I will find it highly unlikely the US tests will be collected:

"About half the tests the firm did last year in the US were for Medicare patients. Once an LCD is in place, Pacific Edge will be able to negotiate reimbursement on more than 17,000 tests done to date."

These must be more than 120 days due and should be written off.
    Last edited by Schrodinger; 01-08-2019 at 01:51 PM.