sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Yep, accountants *think* they can do everything these days....

Then there are the lawyers....
    Ha ha ha...we are on the same page here Kiwi.

Actually, if I had followed the advice of both my lawyer and Accountant (at the time!)...my company would have been forced into liquidation. Thankfully, I followed my own knowledge.
    Last edited by Dentie; 03-10-2019 at 07:23 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Ha ha ha...we are on the same page here Kiwi.

Actually, if I had followed the advice of both my lawyer and Accountant (at the time!)...my company would have been forced into liquidation. Thankfully, I followed my own knowledge.
    I have had an excellent accountant for 46 years.
    I changed lawyers after a leading large ChCh legal firm "advised" me to get them to organise a new lease on the shop my bookshop was a tenant,then to assign the lease to the person I was selling the business to.Offcourse I told the buyer to get his own lawyer to arrange his own lease.,.

"Pacific Edge Limited advises that John Duncan has notified the Board of his resignation as a Director of the company, effective immediately.The Board thanks John for his service and wishes him well. John remains a supportive shareholder in the company."

So pushed or jumped after just 5 months? I've been thinking about this for several days. Its not a good look if he jumped of course.

The terse nature of the announcement, and the immediacy of the 'resignation' tends to suggest the parting was not an amicable one, and there was some pushing involved? You say that you are remain a supportive shareholder and we won't say that you weren't fired??

Thoughts???

DISC: A biased holder.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

percy

My guess is he came onto the board,with "fresh ideas", which were rejected,by the existing board and management,so resigned.
    With his financial background,and also CFO resigning,it very much looks as though PEB's financial position and out look did not meet their liking.
    So not one RED flag,but two.
    Last edited by percy; 03-10-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    My guess is he came onto the board,with "fresh ideas", which were rejected,by the existing board and management,so resigned.
    With his financial background,and also CFO resigning,it very much looks as though PEB's financial position and out look did not meet their liking.
    So not one RED flag,but two.
    Are we all saying that Balance may have been correct from the beginning........... no way. I think for him not two red flags, but they ran out of red flags. In fact they probably have more red flags than sales...... hehe

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Are we all saying that Balance may have been correct from the beginning........... no way. I think for him not two red flags, but they ran out of red flags. In fact they probably have more red flags than sales...... hehe
    Agree more red flags than sales.

Guru

IMHO PEB is one stock that you cannot afford to be out of as "IF' there is massive demand for its products the S P will rocket to over $$$'s , just when that will happen we all ( and Im including management in this ) do not know as that decision is out of its hands at this stage, all they can do is supply the product and information to any possible purchasers and all we can do is keep funding as and when that is required.

How long will that take is anyones guess including the fish heads at the top table.

The hard reality is that the pivot needed to survive would require going out and saying the business is overvalued.

They get out of the business of being a lab/direct sales and just license/sell the CXbladder test kits to Quest Diagnostics - 5% of a big number is still a big number....

Either PEB do this or the people who buy the crumbs when they cant raise more capital do this.... but the outcome is similar...

An exec team and board who had experience in this market would have done this in the mid 2000s...

Little doubt imo that PEB is in the midst of doing a CR. To lose CFO & a director with investment banking credentials - end game is near.

Thank you. That is a useful opinion. So how does the end game go?