sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post

Nope - I would suggest there is something else going on. Just a basic bit of research on them tells me a lot - they look to be in a bit of disarray. Current Minister of Health's own territory too. I can see why DD can't be bothered with them.
    Can't be bothered?

He is practically begging them!

Free tests, see?

The same free tests that some posters here swore a while ago were not 'free'.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Can't be bothered?

Free tests, see?

Balance - as usual, you are cherry picking. Here's a bit of the context...

'The urologists inside the DHB want this technology with a passion,'' the firm's chief executive, David Darling, said. ''To our knowledge there is no clinical reason why they are not taking it up.''

While there was a commercial advantage for Pacific Edge to have the SDHB use its product, potential income from a small market like the southern region was not vital for a company which reported more than $3.4 million operating revenue last year, Mr Darling said.
    ''New Zealand is such a small market, it is barely a blip on our radar, so why are we burning energy on it?
    ''New Zealand is a fantastic place to bring new technology to the market, and if you have good technology with good peer-reviewed scientific publications you can really make a difference ... we would love our technology to be adopted by our hometown DHB, and we can't see any reason why it could not be adopted.''
    Mr Darling said Pacific Edge had contacted some of the patients whose cases were reported in the HDC urology service report and offered them their products for free.
    ''We are concerned that people not being tested is impacting on their lives, when there is an alternative ... people could get hurt, when there is no need for them to get hurt.''

Now, when you read that - IN ITS CONTEXT - any objective person would see there was no signs of "begging".

No, I thing DD is genuinely concerned that his fellow citizens are being denied what most other Kiwi's are getting in their DHB's and he wants to make sure they don't miss out. It is not their fault their local DHB seems to be running itself into the ground.

Good try though!

AWOL

Can't be bothered?

Free tests, see?

Just because bills haven't been paid does not make them free.
    If the DHB cant take up a free offer then I suggest that personalities and egos ( of which we have great experience on this thread) are the root cause.
    Have a nice day ( if possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Just because bills haven't been paid does not make them free.
    If the DHB cant take up a free offer then I suggest that personalities and egos ( of which we have great experience on this thread) are the root cause.
    Have a nice day ( if possible).
    When you have received as many written thanks from posters on this forum as I have, I guess it can be ego-flating?

You should try it sometime, mbj - it's a nice feeling.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-11-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Good news!

PEB announces last capital raising!!!!!!

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/pacif...apital-raising

Guru

Good news!

PEB announces last capital raising!!!!!!

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/pacif...apital-raising
    Not toooooooooo dissimilar to Xero. Or should that be Zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Not toooooooooo dissimilar to Xero. Or should that be Zero?
    From memory, Xero's CR's were a lot cleaner deal for Drury & Co than PEB's has been for DD & Co.

Rod just had to sell Xero's concept to the likes of Thiel & Winkler and presto - how many tens (hundreds?) of millions would you like Rod?

Whereas, even though CxBladder's concept is clear and unrivalled, David has had to sell it to the whole market.

That is one difference - however, one glaring similarity is - both concepts have struggled to get traction in the US market.

Perhaps David could ask Rod for Peter Thiel's phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    From memory, Xero's CR's were a lot cleaner deal for Drury & Co than PEB's has been for DD & Co.

Rod just had to sell Xero's concept to the likes of Thiel & Winkler and presto - how many tens (hundreds?) of millions would you like Rod?

Whereas, even though CxBladder's concept is clear and unrivalled, David has had to sell it to the whole market.

That is one difference - however, one glaring similarity is - both concepts have struggled to get traction in the US market.

Perhaps David could ask Rod for Peter Thiel's phone number?
    Knowing him, he already did that and Peter's reply was : "How much $$$ are you personally putting into the company?"

Knowing him, he already did that and Peter's reply was : "How much $$$ are you personally putting into the company?"
    Another example of you just out to attack David Darling. Looking a bit deeper...

Same player in both of Rod Drury's deals - Peter Thiel, was targeted "to help that firm break into America. The market took his investment as a vote of confidence and doubled Xero's share price" (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...ook-and-Paypal)

Thiel could/may have equally asked Rod .. "How much $$$ are you personally putting into (ironically named) 'Pacific Fibre'"?

So, to be sure, despite all that "heavyweight talent" and spending many, many millions of shareholders' $$$ - Pacific Fibre still couldn't get to the start line (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=10823806).

The point you are trying to make Balance is a stupid one. Your one focussed approach on DD is unhealthy and is misleading.

I do not think for one minute that Xero's success will be contingent upon what amount of personal funds Rod Drury invested in it - any more than whether PEB's eventual success will be dependent on how much of David Darling's personal funds are invested in it. Another point is real dollars at the front are not the same as shares in lieu along the way.

How many international public companies have you foundered?

I respect guys like Drury and Darling because they aren't scared to put their nuts on the line as they try to build worthy businesses. Also, as with most entreprenuers, they keep giving it a go - despite losses along the way. I bet both of these guys have lost their investment $$$ along the way - but you don't see them perpetually attacking those who they might see as the "perpetrators".

What nonsense.

The executives of PEB are paid huge salaries and benefits - and free options. What nuts on the line? Must be pine nuts from the tree in University of Otago's campus?

$99m raised and burnt using deceitful and misleading information and projections by incompetent and useless executives and directors imo - that’s PEB.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-11-2019 at 12:38 PM.