sharetrader

Comparing PEB with XRO? C'mon that was a tongue in cheek article. For XRO is you're almost waking up from a good dream right now while you're in PEB still perspiring getting away in the middle of your nightmare. To even compare PEB with XRO is also a slap to holders of XRO mostly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    How many international public companies have you foundered?
    Appreciate completely unintentional, but very apt spelling mistake when speaking about PEB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Appreciate completely unintentional, but very apt spelling mistake when speaking about PEB.

Glad indeed I have not foundered any!

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Comparing PEB with XRO? C'mon that was a tongue in cheek article. For XRO is you're almost waking up from a good dream right now while you're in PEB still perspiring getting away in the middle of your nightmare. To even compare PEB with XRO is also a slap to holders of XRO mostly.
    Actually, it tells a lot about the level of indoctrination which has been successfully done on some shareholders/investors?

Never mind the free tests were actually not 'free' according to them, and revealed to be actually 'free' after all when accounts receivables had to be reversed.

Never mind that the capital raising in 2014 was supposed to be the last one, and the 2016 was definitely the last one etc etc and now, the company is going cap in hand with yet another capital raising!

To be 95% off the projected $100m revenues at year 5 and to still be taken so seriously and with almost unquestionable reverence by some of the shareholders - wow! Breathtaking naivety on a grand scale indeed!
    Last edited by Balance; 10-11-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Actually, it tells a lot about the level of indoctrination which has been successfully done on some shareholders/investors?

Never mind the free tests were actually not 'free' according to them, and revealed to be actually 'free' after all when accounts receivables had to be reversed.

Never mind that the capital raising in 2014 was supposed to be the last one, and the 2016 was definitely the last one etc etc and now, the company is going cap in hand with yet another capital raising!

To be 95% off the projected $100m revenues at year 5 and to still be taken so seriously and with almost unquestionable reverence by some of the shareholders - wow! Breathtaking naivety on a grand scale indeed!
    Wasn't there also some issue regarding something management said about " tens of thousands of tests."

Hmmm... I think you are stretching things a bit here...

I don't think anyone has ever argued that the "free" tests that were (and are) part of user trials are not "free' - maybe someone did...

But as far as I remember it wasn't the "free" user trial tests that were reversed. It was instead the "free" tests that they did (and are doing) for patients coverered by CMS, which I think you will find are indeed not "free" when cx is added to the CMS schedule (assuming it is one day)...

At the last report hose accumulative tests were worth something like US$15m...

Balance - How much did Pacific Fibre "burn" through before they folded? (I note PEB hasn't yet folded).

RGR367 - You've missed the context of my comparison between PEB and XRO. (Hint - it wasn't their financial "performance").

Sideshow Bob - I am truly surprised you were the first poster in respect to my spelling error. I thought it may have been someone else.

A little further digging reveals... https://www.interest.co.nz/business/...t-espionage-it

I think this story sums it all up quite well.

- With all the heavyweights involved in Pacific Fibre, you would think they would have done (even a basic) a business plan before start-up?
    - If they didn't want to bother personally, you would think they would have consulted with a major firm to do it (maybe they did)?
    - Given the money involved, as part of that initial planning, you would think they would have discussed the possible "risks" (ie - the US!!) to the project?
    - Notwithstanding the above and, in any event, you would think the big start-up "smart money" would have done their due diligence before handing over dosh?
    - The fact is, in typical style, the US can (& do) veto any overseas initiative they don't like. They stopped this firm in its tracks without recompense!

Happily - PEB are still operating in the US and must be getting very close to kicking that last (US required) goal. You would have to bet on PEB kicking it - given they have been allowed to kick the first two. And when they do - it should be clover time. And I am sure you would agree with me Balance ... why else would you be wasting your valuable time monitoring this thread.

I concede they may go broke if they can't stay solvent in the meantime - but, as Jacinda & the Govt would say ... "I don't comment on hypotheticals".

Lastly, I think it is a sign of weakness to come on a public forum and consistently write disparaging comments about Company Directors & Management who can't defent themselves without at least having the courage to both identify yourself and provide your credentials at the same time.

If you are so serious about your opinions against these people, why don't you have the courage of your convictions and report them to the FMA? That would be operating in the best interests of those followers you purport to influence on here. I've never understood why people would act on the financial opinions of those that operate anonymously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Balance - How much did Pacific Fibre "burn" through before they folded? (I note PEB hasn't yet folded).

RGR367 - You've missed the context of my comparison between PEB and XRO. (Hint - it wasn't their financial "performance").

Sideshow Bob - I am truly surprised you were the first poster in respect to my spelling error. I thought it may have been someone else.

A little further digging reveals... https://www.interest.co.nz/business/...t-espionage-it

I think this story sums it all up quite well.

- With all the heavyweights involved in Pacific Fibre, you would think they would have done (even a basic) a business plan before start-up?
    - If they didn't want to bother personally, you would think they would have consulted with a major firm to do it (maybe they did)?
    - Given the money involved, as part of that initial planning, you would think they would have discussed the possible "risks" (ie - the US!!) to the project?
    - Notwithstanding the above and, in any event, you would think the big start-up "smart money" would have done their due diligence before handing over dosh?
    - The fact is, in typical style, the US can (& do) veto any overseas initiative they don't like. They stopped this firm in its tracks without recompense!

Happily - PEB are still operating in the US and must be getting very close to kicking that last (US required) goal. You would have to bet on PEB kicking it - given they have been allowed to kick the first two. And when they do - it should be clover time. And I am sure you would agree with me Balance ... why else would you be wasting your valuable time monitoring this thread.

I concede they may go broke if they can't stay solvent in the meantime - but, as Jacinda & the Govt would say ... "I don't comment on hypotheticals".

Lastly, I think it is a sign of weakness to come on a public forum and consistently write disparaging comments about Company Directors & Management who can't defent themselves without at least having the courage to both identify yourself and provide your credentials at the same time.

If you are so serious about your opinions against these people, why don't you have the courage of your convictions and report them to the FMA? That would be operating in the best interests of those followers you purport to influence on here. I've never understood why people would act on the financial opinions of those that operate anonymously.
    You need to do your homework before posting about Pacific Fibre.

Give it another try.

AWOL

You need to do your homework before posting about Pacific Fibre.

Give it another try.
    And you ought to do some homework before posting about Pacific Edge.

On the other hand it may be beyond your comprehension.

Give it another try and get back to us in a couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    And you ought to do some homework before posting about Pacific Edge.

On the other hand it may be beyond your comprehension.

Give it another try and get back to us in a couple of years
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    This also gives us , dare I say it, "several 10s of thousands" by end of March 2015.
    That was you, poor ole mbj, 5 years ago - and you couldn't be more wrong - so any point waiting for a couple more years?

Unless of course, you want to throw more good money after bad.

Sp at 17.8 cents - ouch!

Lowest sp since 2012 and looks like heading towards 10c as what's left of PEB's cash disappears down the proverbial.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-11-2019 at 12:50 PM.