sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Not inefficient imo.

SP clearly being held up by the underwriters on the one hand, and rights getting sold down as the last of the believers decide they are not going to put any more money in.

If the directors and management are not putting their money in and may instead be selling their rights (past examples), why should anyone believe their BS about how pleased they are to offer yet another wonderful opporunity to buy ever cheaper shares!
    I know what you mean, but still inefficient in that that underwriters would be better off buying the rights at the cheaper price. But that would not serve their purposes (in getting the issue over the line) as they would otherwise get a pasting. Just so interesting to see observing from the sidelines. Wish I knew someone that would lend me a few hundred thousand PEB shares for a few weeks.

I just see the "underwriter" bidding 400k at 13.1 got taken out. What they going to do with those shares now? Not much bid left...

crazy, rights available at 1 cent now. Even bigger arbitrage opportunity. This company is going to be fully owned by NZ Instos shortly.
    Last edited by blackcap; 04-12-2019 at 11:59 AM.

I have always thought that life is easier as a small diy investor. At least it is possible to get out without loosing your shirt maybe the sleeves and good part of the back whereas the instos will probably running around topless with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I have always thought that life is easier as a small diy investor. At least it is possible to get out without loosing your shirt maybe the sleeves and good part of the back whereas the instos will probably running around topless with this one.
    Well, they certainly have been pouring money in at ever lower prices and a thinking person would ask : when something keeps getting cheaper, there must be something amiss?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I know what you mean, but still inefficient in that that underwriters would be better off buying the rights at the cheaper price. But that would not serve their purposes (in getting the issue over the line) as they would otherwise get a pasting. Just so interesting to see observing from the sidelines. Wish I knew someone that would lend me a few hundred thousand PEB shares for a few weeks.

I just see the "underwriter" bidding 400k at 13.1 got taken out. What they going to do with those shares now? Not much bid left...

crazy, rights available at 1 cent now. Even bigger arbitrage opportunity. This company is going to be fully owned by NZ Instos shortly.
    Pathetic volume now on the bid side as the underwriter obviously did not expect to get smacked and has now gone into hiding at 6 cents.

That's a quick $8,400 loss as the shares could have been bought via the rights at 11c.

But the underwriter will not care - it's not their money, it's their investors'.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-12-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Rupert, the ticker is PEBRF, last traded 2.6 cents per right, if you wanted to sell them. Or, you could pay the 10 cents by accepting the rights, and have a smaller position......make your own mind up though
    Just read the rights information again, it looks like rights quotation ceases tomorrow.

Means those who are not going to throw in more money needs to sell by today or else, their rights will have zero value.

Advanced Member

Just read the rights information again, it looks like rights quotation ceases tomorrow.

Means those who are not going to throw in more money needs to sell by today or else, their rights will have zero value.
    End of tomorrow I think.
    "...and will end at 5.00pm on 5 December 2019"
    No...I do not hold, but know someone who does.

https://www.forsythbarr.co.nz/assets...tatement-f.pdf

You hand and surrender over your funds and financial assets like shares & bonds to be managed at their discretion - because they are professional, have superior knowledge and are 100% dedicated to maximising profits for clients.
    Impossible to overstate the degree of risk involved here:- Investment management risk: This is the risk that, through your Investment Advisers, we make poor investment decisions, or other decisions which have an adverse impact on your portfolio
    By inference, there are poor investment decisions and then even worse ones ..and you pay them money for this
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-12-2019 at 03:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    End of tomorrow I think.
    "...and will end at 5.00pm on 5 December 2019"
    No...I do not hold, but know someone who does.
    So....941 rights.
    2.5c = $23
    Brokerage $15
    I guess they will lapse.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    So....941 rights.
    2.5c = $23
    Brokerage $15
    I guess they will lapse.
    Not so easy for directors and management to let them lapse - DD for eg has 1m plus rights so there’s $10k there to repair & pain the decks?
    Last edited by Balance; 05-12-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Not so easy for directors and management to let them lapse - DD for eg has 1m plus rights so there’s $10k there to repair & pain the decks?
    Well, it looks like John Duncan got himself a handful at 15c... Almost 500k for around $75k....

Thats a pretty good start - let's see if if any of the others show the same level of confidence...