sharetrader

Ok, here's a PEB question. Current MkCap is 67M, in the (hypothetical) event that this goes to zero, I see a situation where someone buys the dregs to start again - probably license the tech out to someone else or already by a multinational. Question is, what is an estimate of the intrinsic value of the IP/assets at that point in time?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Ok, here's a PEB question. Current MkCap is 67M, in the (hypothetical) event that this goes to zero, I see a situation where someone buys the dregs to start again - probably license the tech out to someone else or already by a multinational. Question is, what is an estimate of the intrinsic value of the IP/assets at that point in time?
    Hard to know. They have been at it so long there are probably better / newer technologies now to do the assays they are doing.
    The knowledge/science is also more widely known. I wouldn't be thinking it was a lot. If it was....then why haven't one of the bigger companies bought them out by now ? That's one of the factors that encouraged me to sell. Its just taking way way to long in a world that changes quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Its just taking way way to long in a world that changes quickly.
    It seems to me that their main problem is that they actually operate in a world that changes extremely slowly....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    It seems to me that their main problem is that they actually operate in a world that changes extremely slowly....
    Certainly seems like that. Might have been a bit different if they were trying to introduce a replacement biochemical test in a biochemistry lab....but across disciplines like this.....its obviously hard going. Not quite sure that that is the major issue. But I do know that in addition to this....technology will have moved on pretty significantly. Others can probably do a similar test now....quicker and cheaper. Whether they will have a similar struggle to get accepted....time will tell. I know what I'd rather have if I was the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Certainly seems like that. Might have been a bit different if they were trying to introduce a replacement biochemical test in a biochemistry lab....but across disciplines like this.....its obviously hard going. Not quite sure that that is the major issue. But I do know that in addition to this....technology will have moved on pretty significantly. Others can probably do a similar test now....quicker and cheaper. Whether they will have a similar struggle to get accepted....time will tell. I know what I'd rather have if I was the customer.
    Yeah, I don't disagree... But it doesn't appear to be the technology itself that's causing the endless delays, but rather the requirement for external and independent validation and reviews etc, which would surely be the same for any provider of newer tech...

Advanced Member

Yeah, I don't disagree... But it doesn't appear to be the technology itself that's causing the endless delays, but rather the requirement for external and independent validation and reviews etc, which would surely be the same for any provider of newer tech...
    ….and they may benefit from the effort that PEB has put in. Doesn't seem right, does it.

PEB has proven to be run by a bunch of highly paid incompetent amateurs who have blundered from one test program to another without any clear idea of what was/is really required to get CxBladder accepted and used in the US.

Damn good though at making promises and hyping expectations to obtain money from many lemon sucking shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    PEB has proven to be run by a bunch of highly paid incompetent amateurs who have blundered from one test program to another without any clear idea of what was/is really required to get CxBladder accepted and used in the US.

Damn good though at making promises and hyping expectations to obtain money from many lemon sucking shareholders.
    Wow, really...!! Thanks for making that point again... I didn't get it the other 10000 times....

Thats generally true but their claims are to be their own undoing.

Prof investors in US/EU know how long it takes to progress approvals and so bank on getting a multiple only after ~10+ years.

The lack of experience with PEB showed with very bullish statements from them and their underwriters in the early days and failing to progress on a meaningful timeframe.

Compare perhaps with Materni21 from Sequenom/Labcorp, arguebly far more pioneering than CXbladder (change of clinical approach, novel sample collection Next Gen Sequencing etc) available since 2011 and they are making bank from it

Wow, really...!! Thanks for making that point again... I didn't get it the other 10000 times....
    The point you make is a valid and pertinent one, BigBob - "the requirement for external and independent validation and reviews etc, which would surely be the same for any provider of newer tech.."

My point is that the onerous regulatory and compliance requirements are well known to launch a new ‘innovative’ & ‘game changing’ medical product or service in the States! The issue is one of navigating and managing the process as effectively and efficiently as possible.

It is folly of anyone to blame the requirements - which unfortunately is what PEB’s management have been doing while collecting multi-million dollar salaries and benefits.

So you cannot blame the process - it has to be incompetent management.
    Last edited by Balance; 06-12-2019 at 02:47 PM.