sharetrader

There's always hope for the company being taken over by a bigger player for their cxbladder product which I can tell you does have real clinical validity. However would advise caution there was a similar company years ago apparently in the same situation as PEB, clinical tool for prostate cancer that was actually okay clinically but the company just collapsed - no buy out or anything. Didn't matter how good the product was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    There's always hope for the company being taken over by a bigger player for their cxbladder product which I can tell you does have real clinical validity. However would advise caution there was a similar company years ago apparently in the same situation as PEB, clinical tool for prostate cancer that was actually okay clinically but the company just collapsed - no buy out or anything. Didn't matter how good the product was.
    Success in business is not just about having a great product or service - it's more about how to best market a good product as well.

Those of us with long enough memories will remember a company in NZ called Fortex which was the darling of the sharemarket and lauded as the fore-runner to further processing and export of lamb. All great stuff but the company collapsed owing a lot of money to everyone and shareholders who willingly backed the company were left with zilch.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...jectid=2050123

Dodgy accounting and the CEO actually bought more shares when the company was going under to show his commitment!

Does the market ever learn?

CBL, Intueri and Feltex to name 3 show the market does not.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-12-2019 at 10:31 AM.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...ogy-tests.aspx

“Molecular subtyping of bladder tumors outperformed by standard pathology tests”

" .... scientists found that sophisticated new subtyping techniques designed to do this provide no better information than long-standing pathology tests"

Still a long road ahead for PEB, I suspect.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-12-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...ogy-tests.aspx

“Molecular subtyping of bladder tumors outperformed by standard pathology tests”

" .... scientists found that sophisticated new subtyping techniques designed to do this provide no better information than long-standing pathology tests"

Still a long road ahead for PEB, I suspect.
    As the world knows, I'm no medical scientist, but it seems to me your above selected quotes Balance relate to the "outcome and treatment options" of bladder cancer. As more and more of the world's Urologists are becoming aware, CxBladder excels in the "early detection" of bladder cancer.

You have to know it exists before you can treat it and manage it.

Matter of time really when better tests are launched into the market - like this one.

6 years into its commercialization program and PEB is still writing about the 'infancy' of its program last year!

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300984027.html

" ... the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted "Breakthrough Device" designation for its URO17™ Bladder Cancer Recurrence Test. This revolutionary new test exploits a novel cancer marker that could dramatically improve the accuracy and sensitivity of non-invasive bladder cancer testing."

" .... the URO17™ test exhibited 100% sensitivity and 96% specificity in detecting recurrent bladder cancer from urine samples".

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300984027.html

" ... the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted "Breakthrough Device" designation for its URO17™ Bladder Cancer Recurrence Test. This revolutionary new test exploits a novel cancer marker that could dramatically improve the accuracy and sensitivity of non-invasive bladder cancer testing."

" .... the URO17™ test exhibited 100% sensitivity and 96% specificity in detecting recurrent bladder cancer from urine samples".
    Looking close at the company behind the URO17™ test, KDx Diagnostics Inc, it is very telling that this company was only formed in 2016* and has obviously taken a different approach to PEB with its commercialization strategy and path.

https://www.kdxdiagnostics.com

By going through the FDA and the "Breakthrough Device" designation for its URO17™ test, KDx is going to be able to fast track the launch and adoption of the test into the market.

https://www.meddeviceonline.com/doc/...s-program-0001

Here's what the designation mean :

"In addition to the obvious benefits to patients with debilitating or life-threatening conditions, manufacturers currently developing a new device stand to benefit from the expedited pathway created by the Breakthrough Device Program — provided their device fulfils the program’s criteria, enabling the manufacturer to market the device much sooner than has previously been possible. This pathway also offers the benefit of a collaborative partnership with the FDA, including participation from high-level managers, which may produce useful insights and experience for future regulatory submissions."

2016* - PEB was supposed to well into its commercialization program, having trumpeted its first sale of CxBladder in US in 2013! Instead, PEB looks like it may be left in the dust by a superior test which will be launched into the market by a competitor!
    Last edited by Balance; 15-01-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Good to see some targeted advertising, Putting a little pressure on those using out of date diagnostics technology.

https://www.urologytimes.com/sites/default/files/legacy/mm/digital/media/UT0220_Ezine.pdf

PEB looks like it may be left in the dust by a superior test which will be launched into the market by a competitor!
    Or not. URO17 may or may not be better, and KDx may or may not have made a wise decision while PEB made a foolish one. Their management may be more competent, and they have certainly not had time to develop PEB's track record of unfulfilled expectations and poor press.

What would be helpful to me (and maybe others) would be to have you use your undoubted skills and knowledge to make some prognostications about the probable fate of PEB - perhaps even with some tentative timelines. You have already put enormous effort and hundreds of posts into warning prospective buyers not to invest, and advising holders to get out.

I put a few grand into PEB years ago and it was a punt. It is now the only red line in my portfolio, because my other punts (PLX, ATM, and BLT) have all done well and been added to as they did so. Perhaps I should have followed your advice years ago. I would have recovered enough to build a few meters of deck! I probably would have done so but your very evident outrage made me suspicious that your advice was not "balanced". My bad.

But the brokerage to get in and out at this stage, and the brokerage to do something else with five hundred bucks is now a significant percentage of the play. So how about some sober prognostications about what is going to happen to this share and when, and how we will know you are in the process of being proved right about the next bit of the future and not just reposting anything negative you can find.

Guru

Seemingly up market ann released today.

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”