sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Worth a punt even just on the possibility of NZX50 inclusion - Friday 18 September could see quite a decent bounce if this is included in the index. Shunted some of my MET profits in here.
    Hi Beagle - Welcome aboard. Just wondering where that Index Rebalancing date comes from. Is it Quarterly perhaps? Cheers...

Sorry, missed it from Balances post:

Change timetable
    Changes are effective from third Friday of Mar Jun Sep Dec;
    Announced Friday before changed;
    Reference date last day of month prior.
    Last edited by Davexl; 27-07-2020 at 04:10 PM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Have learnt the hard lesson to not buy or stay in stocks like PEB on the way down when the story changes from positive to negative, but to invest on the way up as the story gets better and better.

This strategy is to let those who are prepared to bear the risk (and pain) to take the loss or the first 100% upside on a speculative stock like PEB but ride the next 1000% by buying off the hardy (or foolish) risk takers when the story turns.

I must say that I am surprised at how quickly the sp has spiked upwards in a matter of less than 2 months with the 3 positive announcements to date.

There have been over 400m shares issued in the last 6 years at between 10c to 61c, and I would have thought that there would be enough profit takers to provide stock at various points on the way up when the story turns.

Has not turned out to be the case with the sp doubling and doubling again with the first two announcements.

Certainly points towards the big shareholders staying in for the long haul - guess they have suffered and endured 6 long years of non-performance so they must assess the upside from here to be much more than just recovering the money they have put in!
    Kia ora Balance
    Thank you so much for that post. It is the most useful thing I have read on this thread for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I've learnt a few lessons with this stock, having bought some at $1.30 (yes, you read that correctly!), bought options at two points in time and regretting the fact that I sold one of the option allotments at a very small profit to make myself feel better about the $1.30 pricepoint! - of course, wishing that I had retained this allotment. PEB has always had potential to appreciate but given the number of factors that play into the success (or lack thereof) of a company, I for one, am thankful that I have maintained some faith in them and retained the majority of my holding and I believe that there is potential for this stock to break the $1 mark within a few months on the back of some positive testing developments. Lots of good things take time
    Like Mainland Vintage Cheese, sorry, couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by uluvsg View Post
    Hello Mr.Beagle, do you know when the NZX50 rebalancing date is? Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat the Bank View Post
    Glad to have you on board Beagle. I put a small portion of my MET sale into this last week before the increase. As someone said earlier, it feels good to have got in before ANZ and now before the Beagle too! Thanks for all your commentary on MET and OCA and so glad we may get it on this thread too.
    Good effort beating both ANZ and the fat lazy Beagle !

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Hi Beagle - Welcome aboard. Just wondering where that Index Rebalancing date comes from. Is it Quarterly perhaps? Cheers...

Sorry, missed it from Balances post:

Change timetable
    [B]Changes are effective from third Friday of Mar Jun Sep Dec;
    Announced Friday before changed;
    Reference date last day of month prior.
    You're on too it !
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-07-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Appreciate your comments and insights on a number of threads Beagle (so need to apologise for the Mainland comment)!!

Today we did a reasonably regular trip with me in the passenger seat. 4 hours on the road travelling from the south to the north. Having long ago given up the enjoyment of counting cows

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Today we did a reasonably regular trip with me in the passenger seat. 4 hours on the road travelling from the south to the north. Having long ago given up the enjoyment of counting cows
    Be glad there are cows there to count.
    I take it you missed most of the PEB SP action during your trip.
    Are there further updates on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Be glad there are cows there to count.
    I take it you missed most of the PEB SP action during your trip.
    Are there further updates on this?
    Actually yes. The full post didn't post, autosave only saved a small bit, and when I reposted it and realized what had happened it didn't delete it.

Far from missing the excitement on the share price I watched it with great interest and learnt a lot about the psychology of share purchases.

There were both big trades and little trades all happening at once. Refreshing the page every few seconds for a while showed a MASSIVE amount of trades.

And it was fascinating to see that a number of traders couldn't see the difference between SELL price, BUY price and MARKET price.

For example, when the share price hit 80 cents someone went, "Oh look. The price has hit my ideal of 80 cents so I'll sell." Rather than list them at 80 cents they sold at Market Price to the buyer who wanted them for 79 cents.

Guru

For example, when the share price hit 80 cents someone went, "Oh look. The price has hit my ideal of 80 cents so I'll sell." Rather than list them at 80 cents they sold at Market Price to the buyer who wanted them for 79 cents.
    How do you know what they were thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    How do you know what they were thinking?
    Having the time to watch it and with the volume of trades it became clear there was a repeating pattern.

My best guess is the shares will fluctuate in the 75 to 79 cent range until one of two things happen. Unexpected out of the blue good news (which could happen at any time) or the AGM which will give a guide to the near future. Up or Down.

Having the time to watch it and with the volume of trades it became clear there was a repeating pattern.

My best guess is the shares will fluctuate in the 75 to 79 cent range until one of two things happen. Unexpected out of the blue good news (which could happen at any time) or the AGM which will give a guide to the near future. Up or Down.
    Maybe even sideways? (Just to cover all the bases)