sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Cant watch it, News not inspiring share price has dropped?
    News has been ok!Nothing earth shattering but steady as she goes.Singapore progress very good and should come to fruition in the near term

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Cant watch it, News not inspiring share price has dropped?
    Read it the old fashioned way here.

Still making losses.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 05-08-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

Still making losses.
    As anyone should have expected. The recent announcements did not indicate that instant profitability would result.

There is still a great deal of investment required to leverage and maximise the opportunities. While profitability is probably much closer and much more certain - it is still a prospect not a reality.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    As anyone should have expected. The recent announcements did not indicate that instant profitability would result.

There is still a great deal of investment required to leverage and maximise the opportunities. While profitability is probably much closer and much more certain - it is still a prospect not a reality.
    Add to that there is no competition coming thru and even if there was it would be years away.pacific have first mover advantage and plenty of time on their side

Price per test between $NZD1100 and $NZD3400. Marginal cost of test. $NZD100. Nice margin! Current tests 16,000 per annum. Existing lab capacity = 295,000 tests. KP and LCD will open a lot of doors. Future looks good to me.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

If you wanted to make a quick buck (not looking at Sharesies investors) then the picture painted is not good.

On the other hand, the long term forecast looks good and the management is highly focused and not trying to take on more than they can handle. A singular focus on the USA makes sense. The medical profession is slow to change. That means a long lead time for sales but once you hook a customer they are unlikely to switch.

They are very focusing on most promising profitable regions such as US and Southeast Asia instead of EU, Canada, etc.

Please go easy on me as its my first post - Any ideas on the likely effect of inclusion on the NZX in Dec (if that happens?)

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    ....The recent announcements did not indicate that instant profitability would result. ... While profitability is probably much closer and much more certain - it is still a prospect not a reality.
    Relax Pierre, I was just trying to explain why the SP has dipped after today's meeting.

Still a long term hold in my portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Relax Pierre, I was just trying to explain why the SP has dipped after today's meeting.

Still a long term hold in my portfolio.
    And a longterm hold in mine too.

Interesting to hear the two sides to covid-19.

Whilst it has, unsurprisingly, increased the uptake of home based testing it's also made it harder for sales staff to go out and sell (hadn't thought of that one).

But with the 2 recent big name customers signing on that minor negative shouldn't be too much of an issue.