sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    A little light reading for any that are interested, looks like we need to wait another year for evicore guidelines and there is still resistance in adopting our technology.

https://www.dfs.ny.gov/public-appeal...-202002-126115

https://www.evicore.com/-/media/File...ub08312020.pdf
    Be good to get a response from PEB to these articles. It suggests that testing shows the CXBladder tests have insufficient accuracy and therefore questionable utility.

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Be good to get a response from PEB to these articles. It suggests that testing shows the CXBladder tests have insufficient accuracy and therefore questionable utility.
    Hoping for a response also.If the general market thinks its bad then some sort of announcements will be needed or we'll be back to 0.25 in no time.Bad timing with the dow down over 600 points last night
    Last edited by nevchev; 09-09-2020 at 10:02 AM.

If the case number is a date code (202002 = feb 2020?) then that's from pre-covid times. Bit of a different game now with USA dealing with the virus and the benefits of home based sampling etc.

AWOL

Fair bit of duckshoving going on here.

This is from the bottom of the page regarding this ONE case.

Disclaimer

The Department of Financial Services makes every effort to post accurate and reliable external appeal information. However, it does not guarantee or warrant that the information provided on this website is complete, accurate, or up-to-date. This database is provided solely for informational purposes and is intended to provide general information related to past external appeal decisions. The Department assumes no liability for the access to or your reliance upon any of the information provided. The Department assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, or other discrepancy in the database. Despite any similarities, your own medical condition may differ from that in any given case contained within this database. The Department makes no claims, promises or guarantees that using the information from this database will impact or otherwise result in a positive outcome for any pending or future external appeal application. All external appeal cases are specific to each individual and include many variables that affect the outcome of a particular case.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 09-09-2020 at 10:58 AM.

I'm still a little unsure about what the CMS and Kaiser approvals really mean atm. Yes they have been approved by CMS, yes there is some sort of commercial agreement with Kaiser (do we know details?) But my grasp is that none of the tests have yet been accepted into the clinical pathway and until they are, they are considered investigational only. So until we have the AUA stipulating the use of Cxbladder then Insurers (including CMS), Urologists and Hospitals will continue to use the gold standard cystoscopy/ cytology. Yes CMS and Kaiser see usefulness, but how often will be key.

AWOL

Also 2 years too late and a lot of water under the bridge since.

http://www.evicore.com/-/media/files...ub08312020.pdf

13. Sathianathen NJ, Butaney M, Weight CJ, et al. Urinary biomarkers in theevaluation of primary hematuria: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BladderCancer. 2018;4(4):353-363.

Keep up.

2018 the paper may be Miner but still considered relevent for these Clinical Guidelines which are effective from Jan next year!

AWOL

It may appear relevant for the likes of a small town outfit like Evicore who seems to come from Bluffton SC, a place that

I'm afraid in my ignorance I have never heard of.

I think once the clinical guidelines and results of the Kaiser Programme that led them to adopt the cxBladder test are

known would result in a bit more attention to cxBladder being paid by Evicore and lots of other providers and insurers.

There are two clinical papers ( PEB and KP) yet to be released on this matter according to an interested bystander.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 09-09-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    It may appear relevant for the likes of a small town outfit like Evicore who seems to come from Bluffton SC, a place that

I'm afraid in my ignorance I have never heard of.

I think once the clinical guidelines and results of the Kaiser Programme that led them to adopt the cxBladder test are

known would result in a bit more attention to cxBladder being paid by Evicore and lots of other providers and insurers.

There are two clinical papers ( PEB and KP) yet to be released on this matter according to an interested bystander.
    Thanks Miner. Accept that Evicore might not seem to be a significant player to us but the point is that none of the big Insurers (Aetna, Bluecross Blueshield etc) cover Cxbladder either - for the same reasons as Evicore. The test is investigational only.

So I question if the uptake by CMS and Kaiser is any different now we have approval, given that using Cxbladder is not recommended or in the clinical pathway. We don't know.

I get that there are further studies in the pipeline or to be released, we've waited on these for years. And yes, if these meet the approval of the AUA then we hopefully we should expect inclusion in the pathway. But until then...

AWOL

If the test is investigational only in the guidelines why has Medicare approved it for coverage and KP adopted it to some (unknown)extent?

If the so called guidelines were anything like up to date I suggest that actual definition would change.

There will be some interesting Half Yearly and Full year reports from here on.

Lab throughput of Medicare tests with payment approval as opposed to the ongoing 40% of all tests done going unpaid.

The reality is that they are not going to get everyone on board but if they can manage a few % out of the USA they would do very well.

I think the original objective was about 10% but at that rate they will be running out of lab space pretty quickly.