sharetrader
    Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calledone View Post
    Does anyone think a Biden win will be bad for PEB's progress in US?
    If anything I'm picking a Biden win will improve progress if related to getting control of Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Post the NZX50 index inclusion, stock also really needs positive updates and soon - otherwise, it is going to drift back to pre-index levels.

Surely there should be an update on the collection of the US$40m worth of receivables from tests done, involved and now can be collected with the inclusion of the LCD?
    I'd be very surprised if they're paid much of that at all. The LCD means the Cxbladder Monitor and Detect tests are covered - if medically necessary. And that, to me, is key. The use of Urinary biomarkers, including Cxbladder is considered investigational only by the American Urological Assn. Not medically necesary and not recommended. But they have a place.

CMS has not rewritten the gold standard. They won't be sending all their patients off for a CxBladder test until the AUA include in the clinical pathway.
    And neither will the other Insurers.

I think there will be much disappointment when the actual numbers are revealed. They will be getting paid for a few more tests now, but not in the numbers thought here. And no show of recovering US$40m.

My opinion only.
    Last edited by psychic; 29-10-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    I'd be very surprised if they're paid much of that at all. The LCD means the Cxbladder Monitor and Detect tests are covered - if medically necessary. And that, to me, is key. The use of Urinary biomarkers, including Cxbladder is considered investigational only by the American Urological Assn. Not medically necesary and not recommended. But they have a place.

CMS has not rewritten the gold standard. They won't be sending all their patients off for a CxBladder test until the AUA include in the clinical pathway.
    And neither will the other Insurers.

I think there will be much disappointment when the actual numbers are revealed. They will be getting paid for a few more tests now, but not in the numbers thought here. And no show of recovering US$40m.

My opinion only.
    Quote from recent newsletter "We have now had two full months of revenue from the CMS, with all of our eligible claims being paid to date. This is the key driver enabling our US business to post monthly record revenues in August and September."

Can the "few more tests" create record revenue!?

AWOL

CMS has said that they will cover cxbladder tests presented to them by Medicare patients who have utilised the product with their urologist or physician.

These are all the folk over 65 and a number of others with disabilities.

40 million dollars worth have accumulated in that channel over say 5 years due to lack of authorisation.

Think we can assume 8 million bucks worth a year, minimum will be forthcoming from there for starters.

CMS does not send patients anywhere as far as I know.

They are there to provide coverage under the Medicare and Medicaid programmes.

Quote from recent newsletter "We have now had two full months of revenue from the CMS, with all of our eligible claims being paid to date. This is the key driver enabling our US business to post monthly record revenues in August and September."

Record revenues are pretty easy for PE! What percentage of tests were "eligible" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    CMS has said that they will cover cxbladder tests presented to them by Medicare patients who have utilised the product with their urologist or physician.

These are all the folk over 65 and a number of others with disabilities.

40 million dollars worth have accumulated in that channel over say 5 years due to lack of authorisation.

Think we can assume 8 million bucks worth a year, minimum will be forthcoming from there for starters.

CMS does not send patients anywhere as far as I know.

They are there to provide coverage under the Medicare and Medicaid programmes.
    First the Urologist must consider the test medically necessary...

AWOL

July/ August / September are sort of holiday time in the US and historically have led to pretty diminished PEB revenue accruing around then.

Starting from a low base with that I think so a few more tests could make a big difference.

"all of our eligible claims to date" indicates that CMS is paying for Detect and Monitor tests for all medicare patients whose medical advisors have decided

to use the cxBladder test.

Kaiser will have Medicare patients under their wing so those will go through once PEB makes the claim.

AWOL

First the Urologist must consider the test medically necessary...
    What could be more necessary than keeping bladder cancer monitored patients out of the way of Covid as best they can.

With the full scale uptake by Kaiser imminent they will be quick to see that as medically necessary.

Kaiser has 1/27 of the US population on the books

80,000 added to the monitoring pop annually = 2900 as Kaisers share

3 tests a year = 8700 at 1000 a pop =8.7m

and dont forget the other 29000 who are Kaiser patients from the overall US populations 800,000 being monitored for bladder cancer already.

Thats just Monitor and back of the envelope figures

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    What could be more necessary than keeping bladder cancer monitored patients out of the way of Covid as best they can.

With the full scale uptake by Kaiser imminent they will be quick to see that as medically necessary.

Kaiser has 1/27 of the US population on the books

80,000 added to the monitoring pop annually = 2900 as Kaisers share

3 tests a year = 8700 at 1000 a pop =8.7m

and dont forget the other 29000 who are Kaiser patients from the overall US populations 800,000 being monitored for bladder cancer already.

Thats just Monitor and back of the envelope figures
    We will see I guess. We don't have anything from Kaiser that suggests what their uptake will look like yet do we?
    Show me the money...

AWOL

We will see I guess. We don't have anything from Kaiser that suggests what their uptake will look like yet do we?
    Show me the money...
    No not yet but they have the numbers of patients and a 1 in 10 uptake will give them Balances 100 million and thousands of tests and only a couple of years late.