sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I can't see the lift being sustainable without some imminent good news. Irrational behaviour....but that's the market!
    Takeover offer on the way maybe???

I brought a few more at a premium but accept the risk

Still speeding

My feeling is that some were waiting for the half year and investors evening to look for any notes of caution and to confirm that rollout was proceeding as hoped before wading in.

That lift had seemed to start tailing off around 78/79c, (just my gut feel) but then Bloomberg came out with their rave review, and it’s been charging since then against a seemingly thin and unmotivated field of sellers.

Never underestimate the exposure of a Bloomberg write-up.

Plenty of believers in the Jarden forecast it seems - and the Bloomberg story has helped as well.

I think there's a great deal of good news bubbling along in the background to support what's happening with the SP - but as Miner said the other day FOMO is also driving the action.

SP is 99cents as I write. If NZX issues a speeding ticket the standard response will be received and we will be none the wiser until the next update from the company.

Meantime, and while the gains are all on paper, I'm enjoying the ride and the reward for my patience, hanging on through all the constant harping negativity on here a few years back. The 8th anniversary of my first purchase at 53 cents is December 28th. Since then I've bought many more at prices ranging from 10 -72 cents and hold x,x00,000 at an average of 59 cents. Sure, I could have moved in and out of PEB and maybe made bigger gains - but that comes with hindsight - and made me a trader. I prefer not to pay tax if I don't have to.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Reminds me 2013. This time is different.

Quote Originally Posted by xp04 View Post
    Reminds me 2013. This time is different.
    Yeah I noticed that too but this time around I suppose there is more meat behind the gap ups and surges, though market might be a bit too excited at the moment.
    Last edited by calledone; 09-12-2020 at 11:44 AM.

I think of Xero when there were doubters when their share price went crazy with so few sales/profit.. No I am not saying this is. but could it be in time?

Down we go ...

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    I think of Xero when there were doubters when their share price went crazy with so few sales/profit.. No I am not saying this is. but could it be in time?
    Well...my XRO shares are at equivalent of $NZ149 at the moment - showing a gain of ~2300%. I'll be over the moon - and probably able to afford to fly there - if PEB reaches those dizzy heights!

I certainly don't think PEB is anywhere near that category but I'm sure there will be some happy campers if it turns out to be even a 3 or 5 bagger over the next few years. That's assuming the big boys don't bend when a possible T/O offer appears in the next year or so. (That might be avoided if ACC is not on the share register!)