sharetrader
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    The sharesies crowd has arrived... :-)
    Might have to up the ante.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    The sharesies crowd has arrived... :-)
    The sharesies crowd are unstoppable. Better to give way to them or else they will trample you without mercy!

"Also. Jarden didn’t just predict $1.40 in a year, they predict $120.00 in ten years."

Saw this comment on the sharesies fb page, I don't have access to NBR but I will assume that's a made up number?

Quote Originally Posted by calledone View Post
    The sharesies crowd are unstoppable. Better to give way to them or else they will trample you without mercy!
    This looks so familiar like what had happened to CBD. It makes me feel nervous about whether someone in the market is again trying to gaming the trading pattern from sharesies.
    Last edited by zs_cecil; 10-12-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zs_cecil View Post
    This looks so familiar like what had happened to CBD. It makes me feel nervous about whether someone in the market is again trying to gaming the trading pattern from sharesies.
    Wouldn't put it past them after watching the CBD debacle. Shame I took the froth off yesterday as if that sharsies thing does kick in, it'll hit the moon in no time!

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Left Field - Maybe we'll see the $1.00 hold tomorrow?
    Whatever ........ just a question of time......I'm slowly learning your patience Pierre.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 10-12-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Broad question: how much does sharesies contribute to market participation? Aren't sharesies small value generally?

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Whatever ........ just a question of time......I'm slowly learning your patience Pierre.
    It's not always easy being patient - it requires a cast iron stomach at times and I guess it depends on your investment philosophy.

Mine is that I'm an investor - not a trader. Each time I buy shares I consider I'm buying part of a business and I'm doing it because I believe it will succeed over time. I haven't leapt in and out of companies that I've owned and run personally each time there's a hiccup and I don't do it with businesses I buy via the share market.

That doesn't mean I've never sold anything but I've ridden the waves with companies like BLT, AIA & FRE since 2005, BHP since 2007, IFT, PEB & RYM since 2012, SPK since 2014 and many others. I have never sold any of those and have topped up along the way as opportunities presented.

I have a substantial diversified portfolio but I've seen some gut-wrenching dips at times - like a 40% drop earlier this year. I know I don't have the skills to time the market (not sure many, if any, really do) so it's time in the market that wins for me.

I'm not really bothered whether PEB reaches $1.00 today though it's nice watching the upwards movement. I'm a firm believer in this company and even though it's now reached 20% of my portfolio - I'll still be holding when it hits 40%.

Thanks pierre for showing the journey of thought on investing. I am just wondering if some opportunities comes ( like CBD SP spike), is it wise to sell some shares to improve the profit percentage(sometimes buying at high price at wrong time), then go with the long term wave?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus2000 View Post
    Thanks pierre for showing the journey of thought on investing. I am just wondering if some opportunities comes ( like CBD SP spike), is it wise to sell some shares to improve the profit percentage(sometimes buying at high price at wrong time), then go with the long term wave?
    Sorry, I'm not sure I quite understand your question. However, buying high at the wrong time could never be considered wise - the problem is we only know we've done that with the benefit of hindsight. If you have a long term (5-10 year) horizon and you've invested in a sound business which has some competitive advantage then you can most likely ride the waves and have a safe landing. As for CBD - I have not taken any interest in that business so can't comment.

I guess if this discussion continues it needs to move to another thread.