sharetrader

Profit taking before Xmas .

Pierre you must like riding roller coasters.

Why do you say the inevitable dip? Are you referring to the overall out look world wide?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Pierre you must like riding roller coasters.

Why do you say the inevitable dip? Are you referring to the overall out look world wide?
    Yes I do enjoy roller coasters - the scariest was Montezooma's Revenge at Knott's Berry Farm in California many years ago - but PEB has caused similar tummy churning feelings at times too!

I say the inevitable dip because markets don't keep climbing forever - just look back at March this year. In the case of PEB, I think the current SP is built on FOMO and euphoria and we are yet to see the prospects - good as they seem - turned into reality. So, some holders/traders will be keen to take profits and that usually results in a backwards move in the SP.

However, I don't think any PEB dip will last long as I expect future announcements from the company will generally contain good news. If that eventuates, IMHO we may well see the broker forecasts of $1.40/$1.60 reached well before the end of 2021.

DISCL: Hold heaps of PEB @59c and this is not advice.
    Last edited by pierre; 22-12-2020 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Correct holding price.

AWOL

The telling point will be where Balance sells up and switches back to negative mode again.
    Must be getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    The telling point will be where Balance sells up and switches back to negative mode again.
    Must be getting close.
    I think Balance's Road To Damascus experience regarding PEB is the highlight of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Wake me when it gets to 1.84, thats around its previous high.
    Looks like this might end up being quite a prediction

https://www.stockopedia.com/articles...ntinue-163219/

It's a good time to be a shareholder in Pacific Edge : as the share approaches its 52-week high, holders may be wondering whether to sell and take the profit,or
    buy more and ride the uptrend.
    Shares in Pacific Edge are currently trading close to a 52 week high, with the share price up by around 43.7% to 1.03 over the past month.
    For investors holding the stock (or considering buying it), the question is: what now?
    52-week highs are a popular market indicator. But research shows investors can be left wondering what to do when it happens when a 52-week high is hit. Here’s a primer on what the academic research says...
    What happens when a share hits a new high?

52 week highs are always good news. But surprisingly, the prices of high performing shares can be slow to move when they publish positive earnings news.
    Research shows this happens because investors are cautious about bidding high performing shares any higher (even if they deserve it). Psychologists call this anchoring. As humans, we tend to take our time when it comes to changing our opinions in the face of new information - even when it's good news.
    This emotional tug-of-war often ends with the ‘new high’ stock drifting higher in price over the coming weeks and months. The upward trend is called “post earnings announcement drift”. As the news sinks in, momentum takes over and the price moves higher.
    A look at Pacific Edge’s StockReport could offer more insight into what’s driving the momentum in its share price - and whether that might continue.
    What does this mean for potential investors?

With Pacific Edge trading close to a 52 week high, it’s possible that investors in the market are uncertain about where the price will move next. It's important to remember that momentum on its own is no guarantee of future returns.
    To get a better idea about whether this trend will continue, it's worth doing some investigation yourself. Indeed, we've identified some areas of concern with Pacific Edge that you can find out about here.
    Alternatively, if you'd like to find more shares that are trading close to new highs, you can find them on this 52 Week Highs screen.
    Last edited by tomm; 22-12-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    https://www.stockopedia.com/articles...ntinue-163219/

It's a good time to be a shareholder in Pacific Edge : as the share approaches its 52-week high, holders may be wondering whether to sell and take the profit,or
    buy more and ride the uptrend.
    Shares in Pacific Edge are currently trading close to a 52 week high, with the share price up by around 43.7% to 1.03 over the past month.
    For investors holding the stock (or considering buying it), the question is: what now?
    52-week highs are a popular market indicator. But research shows investors can be left wondering what to do when it happens when a 52-week high is hit. Here’s a primer on what the academic research says...
    What happens when a share hits a new high?

52 week highs are always good news. But surprisingly, the prices of high performing shares can be slow to move when they publish positive earnings news.
    Research shows this happens because investors are cautious about bidding high performing shares any higher (even if they deserve it). Psychologists call this anchoring. As humans, we tend to take our time when it comes to changing our opinions in the face of new information - even when it's good news.
    This emotional tug-of-war often ends with the ‘new high’ stock drifting higher in price over the coming weeks and months. The upward trend is called “post earnings announcement drift”. As the news sinks in, momentum takes over and the price moves higher.
    A look at Pacific Edge’s StockReport could offer more insight into what’s driving the momentum in its share price - and whether that might continue.
    What does this mean for potential investors?

With Pacific Edge trading close to a 52 week high, it’s possible that investors in the market are uncertain about where the price will move next. It's important to remember that momentum on its own is no guarantee of future returns.
    To get a better idea about whether this trend will continue, it's worth doing some investigation yourself. Indeed, we've identified some areas of concern with Pacific Edge that you can find out about here.
    Alternatively, if you'd like to find more shares that are trading close to new highs, you can find them on this 52 Week Highs screen.
    So in summary buy more and ride the uptrend!!
    Last edited by calledone; 22-12-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Did my DD when it was around 70s and I think we're reaching the correct valuation for pacific edge in this sector maybe not before but certainly now. There are US Biotech companies that do cancer genetic testing that are similar to Cxbladder e.g. Castle biosciences a company that tests for melanoma has around 12~17M USD quarter revenue has market cap of 1.7B USD (~2.4B NZD) and it has been trending upwards (x3 this year) since its IPO. It also had the premise that it will allow practitioners to cut down on unncessary invasive procedures for patients if genetic testing is integrated into the health pathway which in this case is a need for lymph node biopsy for low stage melanoma (this company checks for the risk of metastasis or recurrence as previously people categorised as low-risk developed metastatic disease).

Although Cxbladder had 4.1M revenue and 500M marketcap (~770M now), genetic testing is becoming popular to cut down on invasive tests and Cxbladder has only gotten approved recently so there is a lot of upside. I had a look at the research like everyone else, forums of patients with bladder cancer but there were also comments on the cms website for the approval with ~9 comments stating it was the only test available that had a high enough sensitivity to rule out unncessary tests and one stating that they have already modified their treatment algorithms and are dependent on Cxbladder to deliver quality care without frequent endoscopic exams (which you need a lot of for bladder cancer if you do get it). Also, I don't know if there are any other companies that come close to it's sensitivity for bladder cancer let alone the facilities and systems in place. Till recently it was trading at an insane discount compared to overseas companies valuations. Just my personal opinion - I think that genetic testing not just in bladder cancer but also other cancer's are gaining popularity for many different uses and will be the test of choice before doing invasive procedures for certain groups in the near future. Genetic testing for cancer is a revolutionary advance in medicine for reducing unncessary invasive tests and improving health outcomes such as detecting cancer in those deemed low risk.

Disclosure: My opinions are heavily biased since it's the only company that I hold now. I think that it's still undervalued but it can go down since it's had hell of a run, potential bubble in biotech, revenues are on the low side but with the previous financial report not accounting for recent earnings and COVID going on so do your own DD.
    Last edited by Poverty; 22-12-2020 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Removed rocket emoji's that don't work :(

AWOL

An interesting summation.
    Thanks for that.
    "It also had the premise that it will allow practitioners to cut down on unnecessary invasive procedures for patients if genetic testing is integrated into the health pathway which in this case is a need for lymph node biopsy for low stage melanoma (this company checks for the risk of metastasis or recurrence as previously people categorised as low-risk developed metastatic disease)."

This is of significance for CDY as they are developing MK antibodies to suppress the metastasis of melanoma.