sharetrader
Page 19 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329691195191019 ... LastLast
    Guru

Dont get me wrong-Im not tearing down the co. or product.
    But it doesnt hurt to research your market.

Google--medical corruption in America---

-Again ,Im not saying this is what is going to happen
    but it doesnt hurt to know as much as possible about the market as well as the product and co.
    Its an exciting co. and Im hoping that they have someone on board that knows there way around the American market

In regards to the medical profession in the US taking up Cxbladder, I think it's worth noting that Pacific Edge has been doing ground work in the US for several years. Therefore, they must be reasonably confident that the technology is going to be adopted in numbers good enough to make it financially worthwhile. This is from the last annual report : " During the year the company has signed a key customer in the US who has evaluated in excess of 60 tests in a formal clinical setting."

So come March, I don't think they will be kicking off from a standing start.

The company also aims to offer urologists and doctors a service that can provide multiple tests. They hope to have the bladder cancer prognostic test available within a year of entering the US and they are also working on developing a third test. So in time I guess the aim will be to offer a one stop shop kind of service.

Guru

I see that cxbladder received regulatory registration in Austraila,in June 2011.
    They stated it was a key market as it would allow them to start generating revenue.
    Does anyone know if any figures have been released showing how much revenue has been generated to date?
    I suppose this is a good trial run for the bigger US market.

Guru

As an aside, think of how the US pharmaceuticals would want Pharmac to be dismantled as a part of any free trade agreement. While I love the idea of NZ farmers having near to unfettered access to the USA, I'm not sure I'd want significant parts of NZ's population without access to cheaper, mass subsidised generic medicines. And I consider myself a regular National-ACT voter.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree--In my opinion ,a free trade agreement with the states would be a disaster.
    I think alot of people have misssed the fact that the trade off for a few more jobs is to have life as we know it ''messed around with''in the international courts.
    It would give access to some pretty unsavory corporations to an element of control of our way of life .
    Pharmac is only the first in line.
    Im sure you have all seen the ridiculous tv commercial blitz by the American tobacco co.s to ''protect their brand''[at the expense of thousands of lives]==a free trade agreement would give that kind of mentality real teeth.

I rang Labtests AKL, looks like it has not started doing the test (not 100% sure)? PEB signed an agreement with Labtests in Mar. 2012, but it is available on Australia's Healthscope's website.

Guru

Guess its a bit early to see if its ''paying the bills'' over there in OZ

.......lets hope this latest little run is a bit more controlled AND sustainable???! Steady as she goes please, Ive got some serious money riding on PEB and all Im looking for is a gentle climb to around the $1.50 mark.........that should get me the 45' launch I need.........YES THATS "NEED" DEAR! N____E___E___D! Ive got about 22' already but nowhere to put the twin engines yet DEAR...........yes I love you too.
    Have a Gr8day.

......more than happy to ride this wave for now Sparky but I really do want to Weigh Anchor and head offshore for a bit. Might just have to be a little bit patient but I have every confidence Mr Darling and the team are doing this all the right way and things will start to seriously happen over the next few months.......here's hoping. This story has been a longtime in the making but I do believe we are just into the early chapters for PACIFIC EDGE......bladder cancer diagnosis is just going to be the foundation product of our company and I dont doubt for a minute that many more worthwhile (and hopefully profitable) similar products will make it to market also.
    Have a Gr8day.

Continuing upwards again this morning, albeit on small volume at this stage.

.....NOT SURE IF IVE DONE THIS RIGHT, BUT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN OUR CEO EXPLAINING PEB THIS LINK IS PRETTY EXCITING......AND FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE SEEN IT B4.......JUST A REMINDER!

http://www.pacificedge.co.nz/about_us#video
    Have a Gr8day.