sharetrader

When a test is done in the US the urologist is required to declare that the test is “medically necessary” this form is then provided with the reimbursement application.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

I think I am confused:

So was the 2020 CMS LCD for a MAC (Novitas in Jurisdiction L, for Parts A & B only [ obviously ]) or nationally (which is what it appears to say)?

If the latter why does the UHC thing make a difference such that the ANN (announcement) was marked price sensitive?
    & if the former was that ANN TBS?
    and if it was TBS is this new ANN TBS also?

Do I not understand it?
    Does PEB not understand it?
    Where is the wine bottle?

Is this post both reasonable and necessary?

Disc: happy holder + healthy (HH+H)
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 10-04-2021 at 08:41 PM.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I think I am confused:

So was the 2020 CMS LCD for a MAC (Novitas in Jurisdiction L, for Parts A & B only [ obviously ]) or nationally (which is what it appears to say)?

If the latter why does the UHC thing make a difference such that the ANN (announcement) was marked price sensitive?

Do I not understand it?

Sorry what is TBS? Anyway good point and equally confused now lol. Maybe Balance can add some balance here!
    Last edited by calledone; 10-04-2021 at 09:06 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calledone View Post
    Sorry what is TBS? Anyway good point and equally confused now lol. Maybe Balance can add some balance here!
    Total Bull S...
    om mani peme hum

I think I am confused:

Do I not understand it?

Actually after going through the approval announcements, looks like the CMS announcement last year was a national approval while individual insurers will need to approve within their organisation for reimbursement to go through. If that is the case then both announcements are valid and positively significant.

Guru

IF I was a shareholder what would be significant would be the money.
    PEB have not updated any financial results recently.

I am very positive about the prospects for PEB. They are making good progress

“more than 110 million Americans now have coverage of Cxbladder non-invasive, highly accurate tests for the detection and management of urothelial and bladder cancer.”

And from the last annual report

“Our tests can be used for the more than 3.4 million people in the USA who present to the physician with blood in their urine and are required to be evaluated for bladder cancer each year. There are also more than 800,000 who are living with the disease and who require regular monitoring for recurrence, up to 4x per year for up to five years, giving rise to an approximate 3.2 million further clinic visits. Approximately 4 million cystoscopies were performed in 2018, many of which have now been shown to be able to be safely replaced with Cxbladder.”

The technical hurdles seem to be over and now it’s reliant on a sales effort and if the insurers can save money then that has got to be a significant tail wind.

I think PEDUSA is a cool sounding name for a company.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I am very positive about the prospects for PEB. They are making good progress

“more than 110 million Americans now have coverage of Cxbladder non-invasive, highly accurate tests for the detection and management of urothelial and bladder cancer.”

And from the last annual report

“Our tests can be used for the more than 3.4 million people in the USA who present to the physician with blood in their urine and are required to be evaluated for bladder cancer each year. There are also more than 800,000 who are living with the disease and who require regular monitoring for recurrence, up to 4x per year for up to five years, giving rise to an approximate 3.2 million further clinic visits. Approximately 4 million cystoscopies were performed in 2018, many of which have now been shown to be able to be safely replaced with Cxbladder.”

The technical hurdles seem to be over and now itÂ’s reliant on a sales effort and if the insurers can save money then that has got to be a significant tail wind.

Can be used is not the same as will be used. It would be terrific to believe that Cxbladder could replace many of these 4000 cystoscopies each year but how many is the thing. This report considering adoption I think suggests not so many...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7656863/

The technical hurdles I think may be far from over and adoption still cautious and slow. Are the tests high rate of false positives and unecessary follow up the issue? Is it a question over validity and the tests usefulness being confined to a narrow band of cases?

I think I am confused:

Do I not understand it?

Jeez snowy, if you seem a bit confused than things must be confusing

Experience over 17 years of following PEB I still think that the likes of Darling are still confused as well.

Seems a lot clutching at comforting falsehoods and as a consequence doing some motivated reasoning on this thread lately..... or more simply put 'wishful thinking'

I can say these things because I have given PEB a lot of cash over the years (capital raises) so feel more of an owner than many who have just bought shares of somebody else.

But as long as punters feel optimistic and pump the price up every now again who cares.
    Last edited by winner69; 11-04-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”