sharetrader

Miner, it currently turns over about the same $ as your local Service Station but without the profit. The Growth needed to justify the 3/4 billion dollar value placed on it by the market needs to be absolute hockey stick stuff. Real achievemnets need to happen for this growth to be likely, all you have so far is smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    So, if you don't mind sharing further, why do you believe in Cxbladder? You have gone through 15 cysto's, how many times was Cxbladder used in support or as an alternative and how much confidence was placed in the test result? Or do you mean you believe in the need for an alternative to what you have had to go through?
    Thank you for your good wishes. Your story also helps me understand the tone of your posts.

My belief in CX Bladder at a base level rests on the science, and that is not the whole story because the test wasn't used in my case. The NDHB urologist who was in charge of my case doesn't believe it is cost effective (ie cystoscopy not much more expensive and part of the monitoring protocol anyway). I think he knows a lot more about urology than he does about cost accounting. I understand that my DHB has now introduced it as part of the clinical pathway anyway. Both the Registrars I have dealt with have shares in PEB.

But the strength of my belief is more about the fact that consumers are gaining power in their interactions with the medical system, and I doubt that there are more than a vey few males who would prefer a cystoscopy to a urine test. There will certainly be some initially, but I believe their first cystoscopy is likely to change their opinion. Even if my head didn't believe in CX Bladder, my urethra certainly would!

So we have a non invasive test that is backed by the science, that has a strong consumer preference, and that is actually cheaper than cystoscopy. What's not to like!
    Last edited by davflaws; 21-04-2021 at 07:54 AM.

... have power to make you great

Crystoscopy procedure as per Google:
    Your cystoscopy procedure might follow this process:

You'll be asked to empty your bladder. ...You may or may not need a sedative or anesthetic. ...Your doctor will insert the cystoscope. ...Your doctor will examine your urethra and bladder. ...Your bladder will be filled with a sterile solution. ...Tissue samples might be taken.

No thanks!

Miner, it currently turns over about the same $ as your local Service Station but without the profit. The Growth needed to justify the 3/4 billion dollar value placed on it by the market needs to be absolute hockey stick stuff. Real achievemnets need to happen for this growth to be likely, all you have so far is smoke and mirrors.
    To help put the value into perspective for me, I just imagine what the market cap of Pacific Edge would be if it was a US company. I suspect it would be north of US$600M.

Great post thanks Davflaws, I am totally with you about cysto's. And that is an important point you make about consumers gaining more voice.

But unfortunately, we are a long way away from going without cystoscopies altogether as I understand it. Depending on each situation the Cxbladder suite of tests are being used as an adjunct to cystoscopy instead of cytology, to sort those that warrant cystoscopic exam and those that don't (Triage/ scan in NZ) and again, when the situation allows, as an alternative to cystoscopy when monitoring bladder cancer as an intermediate test to reduce the frequency of exams.

It is that understanding of just when and where each test is a suitable option (for now) and the range within the clinical pathway that becomes the issue for investors, particularly for those of us who are not Urologists.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Scary stuff Dav, thank you for posting. We need to read more posts like this.

I think a lot here want to believe, but certainly without the experience you have been through. Great that you are clear!

Personally, I lost a fortune (well, a fortune relative to my standing anyway) believing in this Company and accepting what they had to say. Sadly, now I question everything. As much as I believe in the tests, the need, the science and opportunity, the good they will do, the Otago boys conquer the world thing, I see now that hype has been a necessary ingredient to funding and commercialization and to be blind to this and gushy over the prospects is just not a good investment stragegy.

So, if you don't mind sharing further, why do you believe in Cxbladder? You have gone through 15 cysto's, how many times was Cxbladder used in support or as an alternative and how much confidence was placed in the test result? Or do you mean you believe in the need for an alternative to what you have had to go through?
    I hear what you are saying Psychic. I bought into the hype a few years ago and have sat on a paper loss for a number of years. Thankfully I did not loose a fortune and I am sorry to hear you did. So sadly I now question everything as well. While I acknowledge things may have changed and PEB will be a very good investment I still have lingering doubts based on my past experience. So much so I have reduced my holding in PEB to ease my mind. I may reinvest once I have more confidence in how they are actually doing
    Last edited by RupertBear; 21-04-2021 at 10:50 AM.

For also having experienced a single cystoscopy in order to remove a ureteral stent while being fully awake, I'd also do anything to avoid experiencing this ever again.

I had this procedure done 8 years ago but you bet that my screams are still echoing in that hospital—I'm still traumatized to this day.

Go PEB!

Newsletter quietly offers a few corrections to past embellishments I think, before a disappointing result is published next month.

The big news items taking the SP from about .10 to $1.30 over the past 10 months have been as follows:

Inclusion in NCCN guidelines
    PE made much of Cxbladder being included in the clinical pathway but this was an exaggeration in the extreme.
    It wasn’t.
    There is no mention of Cxbladder in there at all, surveillance is still Cystoscopy and cytology. The guidelines simply, with the weakest of recommendations (2B), now say that the additional use of Biomarkers (in general) may be considered in surveillance but that it was unclear whether the additional information was useful.

Guidelines current March 2021
    https://www.nccn.org/professionals/p...df/bladder.pdf
    The newsletter now confirms that they have more work to do before inclusion.

Deal with Kaiser June 2020

PE finally announced completion of Triage trial with KP in Nov 2016.
    We still know nothing of the Commercial deal or number of tests being paid for.
    But todays newsletter confirms that they are “using” Monitor only, Triage has not been adopted by KP

July 2020 LCD by CMS

Medicare now cover Cxbladder Monitor and Detect where medically necessary
    Yet the Local Coverage Decision says Cxbladder is NOT considered medically necessary

https://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverag...d=38388&ver=13

The American Urological Assn directive last reviewed Jan 2021
    https://www.auanet.org/guidelines/bl...sive-guideline
    It says:
    9. In surveillance of NMIBC, a clinician should not use urinary biomarkers in place of cystoscopic evaluation. (Strong Recommendation; Evidence Strength: Grade B)

So the “medically necessary” tests PEB is saying are now being reimbursed by CMS I suggest are only a small portion of those being completed. As for reimbursement of all those past tests, again, I think very few will have been “medically necessary” so good luck with that.

April 2021 United Healthcare covers Cxbladder

Well, they don’t, really. More exaggeration.

United has a Medicare Policy which is effectively back to back /underwritten by CMS as primary payer. Todays newsletter confirms that United doesn’t cover Cxbladder under its own Healthcare Plans. Neither do Aetna, Blue Cross or any others as far as I can see.
    United has simply added the CPT codes so as to match Medicare for consistency

Does anyone know when we will be likely to receive further news that might provide further reassurance and support to PEB's progress and in turn fuel the next push higher in SP? Looking to put dates in calendar to check up on. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by blu3 View Post
    For also having experienced a single cystoscopy in order to remove a ureteral stent while being fully awake, I'd also do anything to avoid experiencing this ever again.

I had this procedure done 8 years ago but you bet that my screams are still echoing in that hospital—I'm still traumatized to this day.

Go PEB!
    That is a very graphic description and why PEB should go well. I hope your howls of delight when PEB’s share price increases will go some way to lessening that trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Does anyone know when we will be likely to receive further news that might provide further reassurance and support to PEB's progress and in turn fuel the next push higher in SP? Looking to put dates in calendar to check up on. Thank you
    The rubber hits the road end of May.

https://www.pacificedgedx.com/investors/key-dates/