sharetrader
Page 193 of 2129 FirstFirst ... 931431831891901911921931941951961972032432936931193 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 21283

What a great day.

What I think is important in todays announcement is the tone now being used by the company. It now seems acceptance of cxbladder by US practioners is well under way.

I think there will be plenty of good news to come. In the June update they mentioned they had initiated user programs with five large urology groups so they must be getting a fair way through the process. No doubt more would have joined the program since then.

If they make it with medicare/medicaid that will be VERY promising

Even got a mention by the broker in TV3's business news tonight.

AWOL

OK. After a good day at the saltmines so to speak lets just analyse what has been placed in front of us.
    For me one word stands out like a beacon in today's announcement. "Additional"
    Immediate question- additional to what?
    Additional to an announcement yet to come - plausible and possible
    Additional to an announcement that has occurred already- the only one that could be construed as additional to is a reference to Medicare and Medicaid at 115 million Americans
    This was not an announcement to market as far as I am aware otherwise there would surely have been a serious jump in share price.
    So - how come an unannounced reference to 115 million Americans in Medicare is hohum and announced 40 million in Fedmed its all go for the rhubarb season.
    If any of you boffins out there can come up with any explanation before opening tomorrow when I may place what shirts I have left on Peb it would be appreciated.
    Any ideas fellow Sharetraders?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    OK. After a good day at the saltmines so to speak lets just analyse what has been placed in front of us.
    For me one word stands out like a beacon in today's announcement. "Additional"
    Immediate question- additional to what?
    Additional to an announcement yet to come - plausible and possible
    Additional to an announcement that has occurred already- the only one that could be construed as additional to is a reference to Medicare and Medicaid at 115 million Americans
    This was not an announcement to market as far as I am aware otherwise there would surely have been a serious jump in share price.
    So - how come an unannounced reference to 115 million Americans in Medicare is hohum and announced 40 million in Fedmed its all go for the rhubarb season.
    If any of you boffins out there can come up with any explanation before opening tomorrow when I may place what shirts I have left on Peb it would be appreciated.
    Any ideas fellow Sharetraders?
    I think the first mention of Medicare was made in the June update on the US. It was mentioned that PEB had only just started negotiations which could take until August 2014 to complete. Todays announcement was that they had completed an agreement with FEDMED.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Anybody care to predict what they think is going to happen to the SP tomorrow?

Will be interesting to see if this is a catalyst for institutions etc to start getting a little more vocal on PEB.

Disc; Happily holding

Banned

From the announcement we have the statement below, noting that there was no statement of being a preferential supplier.

“The agreement provides FedMed’s contracted insurance carriers, third party administrators, health and welfare funds, and self-insured health plans with access to Cxbladder”

Similarly from the PEB website we have;

“Pacific Edge is a Medicare provider. Pacific Edge will accept patients with Medicare coverage, and these patients will have no financial responsibility for Cxbladder”

and in respect to insurers;

“Pacific Edge will bill the patient’s insurance for Cxbladder. Patient financial responsibility will be determined by the patient’s health plan coverage of Cxbladder to include appropriate co-pay, deductable, and/or co-insurance”

So what we have, as I see it, is one insurer and Medicare which will accept costs for cxbladder tests prescribed by urologists and billed by PEB directly to them.

Sales will occur when Urologists actively start to utilise cxbladder over their previous preferred diagnostic methods. However, one would expect that this would pick up in earnest now that Urologists know that patient insurance will cover the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post

Will be interesting to see if this is a catalyst for institutions etc to start getting a little more vocal on PEB.

Disc; Happily holding
    I wouldn't be surprised to see 80 cents hit - 75 at a minimum. I suspect that there have been many who have had PEB on their radar but wanted it to de-risk first, so now they will likely look at getting in. I also believe that this is the start of PEB becoming 'fasionable' again so am expecting this is the start of a longer term up trend.

Disc: Hold a large chunk of PEB. May buy some more tomorrow morning, just for a quick trade (not part of my longer term holding).

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post

Disc; Happily holding
    OK - I'll stick my neck out and predict a short spike then correction (as traders unable to sit on their hands take early profits) then a steady climb to end just short of the day's high.

Next day (Friday), a slow climb initially until profit takers step in before the weekend.

Institutional investors will I expect need a few more days to get their s**t together (next week, next month?), providing a platform of support somewhere in the high 80's / low 90's, rising over the following few weeks as publicity and international exposure improves.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about all this (as I have been MANY times before) but this is my best guess, and I'm trading to it.

Happy sailing...

BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 16-10-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

AWOL

I think the words were that "PEB is a Medicare provider" which would indicate to me that something might have been signed to validate this position. What I dont get is why does one be a provider, not announced to the marker and nothing happens and the other is a provider and announced and all hell lets loose. The only conclusion that I can come to is that 115 million Medicare and Medicaid Americans ADDITIONAL to 40 million
    Fedmed Americans are hooked up to take advantage of Cx,bladder.
    That is nearly 50% of the population
    We await further news - tomorrow would be good.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 16-10-2013 at 08:46 PM.