sharetrader
    AWOL

Now we await better definition to be included in the AUA guidelines as one of the options available instead of cystoscopy under certain conditions

If and when that happens there will be an upsurge.

As more and more tests are done by more and more medical entities in various countries then ATM looks like a Sunday school picnic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Now we await better definition to be included in the AUA guidelines as one of the options available instead of cystoscopy under certain conditions

If and when that happens there will be an upsurge.

As more and more tests are done by more and more medical entities in various countries then ATM looks like a Sunday school picnic to me.
    Yes I agree with the comparison to ATM. A2 milk probably is not really required by the general population and it’s success will be primarily as a result of effective marketing. I drink the stuff and really wouldn’t know if it is much better for me personally than A1 because it is almost impossible to rule out the Placebo effect.

PEB is a totally different story. Huge market ,low test cost and a genuine need for the tests along with clinical evaluation which continually backs up the accuracy of the tests. A Snowball rolling down a hill comes to mind.
    Last edited by Brain; 09-08-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Advanced Member

Bulk of trades going through as Special Placements.

Anyone read anything into that?

I understand that there has been no formal approval for CXbladder by the FDA, despite many years of data and recent AUA findings. Despite this its just a matter of time before two important outcomes come about:

1. Anyone diagnosed with blood in the urine will be going online and reading up on all investigative procedures available. Whats the chances when they read that cxbladder can offer a NPV of around 98% that they will want to discuss that with their urologist wanting to do an invasive cystoscopy?

2. Why would any insurance company be happy to front up with paying out on expensive claims for a cystoscopy when a simple CXbladder urine test would indicate the necessity for it (if any)

When this happens, and it will, watch the SP explode upwards

AWOL

https://www.pacificedgedx.com/compan...ity-assurance/

Pacific Edge has CLIA approved laboratories.

I dont think the FDA has been involved as PEBs test is neither a food or a drug.
    I think the more than adequate approval came through last year from the CMS which is US Govt controlled.

I Spoke to Dave Darling about FDA last year. They decided early on not to go down that route because 1) FDA approval is for drugs/treatments that are marketed direct to the patient - think what a patient would see in a pharmacy. 2) They market CxBladder at the Uroligist / Clinician level who then recommend the test to the patient, rather than directly to the patient. 3) It is a very expensive process.

Another large chunk just brought.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Crikey..... 2 mill! and very encouraging that it's at prices well north of me.

I think what I was saying was that while the urologist is generally the one giving advice on investigative procedures, there is a lot more money to be made out of a cystoscopy than a urine test, hence a vested interest in that procedure.
    If it were me I would be wanting to find out what is involved in a cystoscopy and whether there were any other procedures that would work just as well. A simple google search would or should bring you to CXbladder where it is relatively easy to see where a genomic test is different to cytology and a cystoscopy. Thats the discussion point with the urologist.
    I admit its a longer road to getting urologists to open up other options but word does get around with forums on this topic and its just a matter of time before patients will be demanding it.
    Last edited by Harrie; 11-08-2021 at 09:18 PM. Reason: clarity

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Westpac been selling. See it here.

mmm