sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    **CMS reimbursement schedule 2021 $234.21 for office cystoscopy.
    Harrie - the AUA do not "begrudgingly accept Cxbladder" at all. They say Urinary biomarkers should not be used in place of cystoscopy.
    I feel things in the medical profession take slow steps to change. They will change their mind when/if the US decide it is best for them to do so.

**CMS reimbursement schedule 2021 $234.21 for office cystoscopy.
    Harrie - the AUA do not "begrudgingly accept Cxbladder" at all. They say Urinary biomarkers should not be used in place of cystoscopy.
    When I google the cost of cystoscopy for the USA I find that there appears to be a huge variation in prices charged. Between $350 and $3500 has been mentioned. The lower amounts are for a doctors office procedure and the higher amount for a hospital procedure. Why would anybody pay $3500 for a procedure that can be done at a tenth of the price in a doctors office? This does not make sense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    When I google the cost of cystoscopy for the USA I find that there appears to be a huge variation in prices charged. Between $350 and $3500 has been mentioned. The lower amounts are for a doctors office procedure and the higher amount for a hospital procedure. Why would anybody pay $3500 for a procedure that can be done at a tenth of the price in a doctors office? This does not make sense.
    A cystoscopy is a very invasive procedure - most people wouldn't want it done in a doctor office and I wouldn't blame them. But here's the thing. The US don't have a Public Health system, so those people needing the procedure don't care about the cost - that will be paid by their private health insurer. So if there's no cost to you - why would you choose the cheaper $350 procedure? This is the advantage of the CXbladder test - it is much cheaper ($750) for the Health provider than the the hospital Cystoscopy and it's much better for the patient who doesn't have to endure an unpleasant procedure. And the test isn't designed to replace the cystoscopy - that may be required if the result looks bad - but it is an incredibly efficient, safe and certifiably proven detection procedure. Kaiser Permanente have endorsed it, and they are one of the biggest non-profit health providers in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    A cystoscopy is a very invasive procedure - most people wouldn't want it done in a doctor office and I wouldn't blame them. But here's the thing. The US don't have a Public Health system, so those people needing the procedure don't care about the cost - that will be paid by their private health insurer. So if there's no cost to you - why would you choose the cheaper $350 procedure? This is the advantage of the CXbladder test - it is much cheaper ($750) for the Health provider than the the hospital Cystoscopy and it's much better for the patient who doesn't have to endure an unpleasant procedure. And the test isn't designed to replace the cystoscopy - that may be required if the result looks bad - but it is an incredibly efficient, safe and certifiably proven detection procedure. Kaiser Permanente have endorsed it, and they are one of the biggest non-profit health providers in the US.
    Yes that is the point that I was in the process of drilling down to. Comparing the price of a probably very painful office procedure and a non invasive urine test is comparing apples with potatoes. I am very sure that PEB would have priced their test as being the best price point to optimise profit since the test costs only $100 to do. As long as the insurance companies wil not force their policy holders into the cheap procedure the future looks very bright for PEB

Sigh, the stuff you read here

Banned

I'm guessing you didn't buy in 15 months ago at 14c?

The balls-up of the Capital raising aside - and it's price and terms - I like to think it may be a sign of expansionism to meet building demand. They do have $20m in cash to help fund current operations. Q1 throughput and cash receipts were double the previous quarter so my guess is that they need another lab and more staff. Q2 and Aus listing will tell the story. Watching and Waiting.
    Disc. Holder from way back (15 months ago).

Please explain further psychic. The pricing of CX bladder vs cystoscopy is very key to my understanding of the future of PEB. Maybe you consider me to be stupid and that is OK I respect your view but it would be good if you could explain the large variation in quoted cystoscopy pricing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Please explain further psychic. The pricing of CX bladder vs cystoscopy is very key to my understanding of the future of PEB. Maybe you consider me to be stupid and that is OK I respect your view but it would be good if you could explain the large variation in quoted cystoscopy pricing.
    You are basically correct in what you have said - the range is $350-$3500 depending on where you get the procedure done. If you have no health insurance you would go for the cheap -in-office procedure - but I stand by what I said, if you privately insured why would you choose the cheap procedure if you are fully insured privately with low deductibles?
    Getting Health systems to adopt new procedures/technology is like turning a supertanker around. US Health providers have contracts with hospitals to use their expensive facilities and equipment. Bio-marker testing - in the first instance - undercuts all that. But a non-invasive procedure that is also cheaper is a win-win. It will just take time to convince the skeptics, is all.

There are relatively easy office based procedures using a thin flexible scope and there are full blown operating theatre procedures using a rigid scope and often general anaesthesia. I don't know but suspect that biopsies are taken with the rigid scope. Guess it depends on what the Urologist is wanting to do.

Why would PEB price their tests higher than a cystoscopy at a doctors office, and why are medical facilities like Kaiser adopting Cxbladder when they could do it cheaper in house. Think about it