sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Yes - Tim Hunter is speculating the Board pulled the CR due to a possible overseas acquisition offer. I sincerely hope that's not the case - it's far too soon for this company to head off to what is eventually likely to be US ownership.

He does emphasise though that his comment is "just a hypothesis with no evidential basis".
    I think it's more likely that the Board were just embarrassed by the leaked CR information and being forced to say that they hadn't approved one. Either a CR announcement will be made in due course, or some sort of deal is being made behind the scenes with the Insto's. The real question is what they need all that money (70m) for. Time will tell, but I am looking forward to seeing the effect the Aus listing will have on the SP.

An acceptable reason for a CR will be to expand facilities to cope with higher testing volumes or to develop a presence in Aussie / Asia - I'd be very pleased if that were the case

AWOL

A little context.

The capacity of the US facility is about 260,000 tests per year.

If they are approaching capacity and need further facilities there then at the rate of 1000 NZD per test there would be getting near 260 million filling the coffers.

If they had that much going through what would be the need for a miniscule 70 million?

Lets not forget they are owed a fair bit from previously done CMS tests - we have no definite answer on that one as yet either.

Personally I think if the document was actually something that will be revealed then it would be either for expansion into Asia or Australia, perhaps both.

Pacific Edge also has a pipeline of other products some of which have been through some clinical trials and are ready to market, if still viable.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 17-09-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    A little context.

The capacity of the US facility is about 260,000 tests per year.

If they are approaching capacity and need further facilities there then at the rate of 1000 NZD per test there would be getting near 260 million filling the coffers.

If they had that much going through what would be the need for a miniscule 70 million?

Lets not forget they are owed a fair bit from previously done CMS tests - we have no definite answer on that one as yet either.

Personally I think if the document was actually something that will be revealed then it would be either for expansion into Asia or Australia, perhaps both.

Pacific Edge also has a pipeline of other products some of which have been through some clinical trials and are ready to market, if still viable.
    It likely as you suggest a combination of things. To perhaps open a lab in Asia - Singapore probably - expand into other products - colol-rectal cancer testing is being trialed - and to increase capacity in the US ahead of acceptance by other providers. Lab accreditation, training staff, developing new products takes time as well as money. Despite the mishandling, I see the CR as being a positive sign. Hopefully the market will see it that way as well

I emailed PE last week to get more information re the capital raise and received the below standard response, which we already knew.

"Thank you for your interest.

The Company’s releases to the market via the NZX covered two main points;

the information released by the ASX was incorrect.
    the information was removed from the ASX website by the ASX

The company cannot speculate as to how and why the ASX released the information."

Nice end of week finale at 149 - looks like all is forgiven about the CR announcement cock-up.

I note that the ASX listing date has moved out one day to Friday 24 September. Maybe that's another thing they can say was wrong about the original notice.

Whatever, it will be interesting to see what happens on the ASX next Friday - with or without a CR.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Think I would rather see one or two Aussie insto’s come in even at a reduced placement price than an offer from an o/seas group. This happens far to regularly at the expense of NZ shareholders. The foreign offeror entity then go on to make millions for foreign investors.
    Ideally having a US partner/investor plus some Aussie insto’s would be the ideal scenario.
    The idea of a US investor would certainly help if Aussie insto’s climbed in. A billion dollar company is really too small for large US fund managers ie not enough liquidity.
    Having said that we need to see much more lab throughput for this to even be a possibility.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    Think I would rather see one or two Aussie insto’s come in even at a reduced placement price than an offer from an o/seas group. This happens far to regularly at the expense of NZ shareholders. The foreign offeror entity then go on to make millions for foreign investors.
    Ideally having a US partner/investor plus some Aussie insto’s would be the ideal scenario.
    The idea of a US investor would certainly help if Aussie insto’s climbed in. A billion dollar company is really too small for large US fund managers ie not enough liquidity.
    Having said that we need to see much more lab throughput for this to even be a possibility.
    Agreed. A CR, even at the leaked price of AUS$1.20 would be a good thing on the whole - increase liquidity, bring in some major AUS Insto's and to (hopefully) fund expansion to meet demand. PEB are not there yet but the signs are very good - and lets face it those of us that backed them 15 months ago when shares were 15c can't really lose at this point.

AWOL

In this morning and confirmed by an outside source with audio

Cxbladder tests identify high-impact and low-impact tumors (urologytimes.com)

Jay Raman has been for CxBladder for several years and appears in the author section on about 2 or 3 peer reviewed papers. He mentions the 3 CxBladder cancer tests for the diagnosis on haematuria. CxBladder Triage which if positive leads to CxBladder Detect which leads to CxBladder Resolve. He outlines that these are very accurate tests.

The plot thickens

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    In this morning and confirmed by an outside source with audio

Cxbladder tests identify high-impact and low-impact tumors (urologytimes.com)

Jay Raman has been for CxBladder for several years and appears in the author section on about 2 or 3 peer reviewed papers. He mentions the 3 CxBladder cancer tests for the diagnosis on haematuria. CxBladder Triage which if positive leads to CxBladder Detect which leads to CxBladder Resolve. He outlines that these are very accurate tests.

The plot thickens
    Thanks Miner. That reinforces my feelings expressed in an earlier post that these tests/ in particular Cx Bladder Triage if available in my practicing lifetime could have significantly lessened my clinical anxiety and the tedious creation of many ultimately low risk referrals not too mention the removal of a major burden on the patients.