sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    The AUA has just completed a review of its bladder cancer guidelines. Acknowledged that while there had been an uptake in clinical use of Cxbladder there was still insufficient high quality evidence to recommend use over cystoscopy.

https://www.urotoday.com/conference-...er-cancer.html
    Thanks for sharing, psychic. I wonder what level of high quality evidence the AUA would require to review this position. Nonetheless, it seems that the snowball is gathering mass...

Adding relevant quote below for the sake of others:

"For urinary biomarkers, Statement 9 states – in surveillance of NMIBC, a clinician should not use urinary biomarkers in place of cystoscopic evaluation (Strong Recommendation; Evidence Strength: Grade B). Dr. McKiernan notes that this statement has not changed, but emphasized that the panel acknowledges the uptake of Cxbladder in clinical practice. Although several studies have suggested that Cxbladder may replace cystoscopy there is currently a lack of high quality evidence to make this recommendation"

Yeah thats right psychic, the same could have been said about a2 milk when scientists were saying there was no evidence to support the proposition that there was any difference in a2 milk compared with standard a2/a1 milk proteins. I'm not even sure if they have ever proved it, but what we do know is that only cows milk produce a1/a2 milk protein, and all other animals including humans only the a2 milk protein. This case is different however because there is scientific evidence available to prove the efficacy of Cxbladder. It does not make sense to support the use of a cystoscopy in all cases when someone presents with blood in the urine when only 5% have actual bladder or urethral cancer. With a well documented high 90's NPV why would you want to have a cystoscopy? There is obviously vested interests at play here. Notice the rhetoric changing though...now its "high quality" evidence. next review will be CXbladder incorrectly missed one without saying how many were missed with a cystoscopy, or some other BS reason to prevent it becoming mainstream. That might work in the short term.

AWOL

And right down the bottom of that article is this:

The committee identified several areas of research to improve care:
    • Further defining the role of biomarkers

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    Yeah thats right psychic, the same could have been said about a2 milk when scientists were saying there was no evidence to support the proposition that there was any difference in a2 milk compared with standard a2/a1 milk proteins. I'm not even sure if they have ever proved it, but what we do know is that only cows milk produce a1/a2 milk protein, and all other animals including humans only the a2 milk protein. This case is different however because there is scientific evidence available to prove the efficacy of Cxbladder. It does not make sense to support the use of a cystoscopy in all cases when someone presents with blood in the urine when only 5% have actual bladder or urethral cancer. With a well documented high 90's NPV why would you want to have a cystoscopy? There is obviously vested interests at play here. Notice the rhetoric changing though...now its "high quality" evidence. next review will be CXbladder incorrectly missed one without saying how many were missed with a cystoscopy, or some other BS reason to prevent it becoming mainstream. That might work in the short term.
    Harrie, Being human, "if " I found blood in my urine I would want ALL aspects/causes of it investigated CXbladder et al no cost is too high when it comes to ones health imo.

Does anyone know if there is any reason why such a drop from 1.47 close to todays opening? Any news behind this?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any reason why such a drop from 1.47 close to todays opening? Any news behind this?
    Macroeconomics at play most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    There is red ink everywhere on the NZX today - not just for PEB. Here's the catalyst:

Stock market today: S&P 500 falls 1.7% for its worst day since May, Dow sheds 600 points (cnbc.com)

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t explore all options but if presented with a negative Cxbladder test knowing that it had a high 90’s NPV I think I would just keep monitoring. No point in risking an unnecessary health complication when there is only a small chance that it maybe something more sinister. That is the beauty of Cxbladder in that you can just keep monitoring it. More important is as long as the risks of a cystoscopy are well explained and the chances of a false NPV are explained it’s your choice.

This is my first post so hopefully my question is not too silly. There was a PEB capital change notice on 17/9/21 saying I think a total of 123,086 ordinary shares were issued for $1.40 per share as non-cash consideration, being inrecognition of performance in lieu of bonus. Is this a good sign that management expect the share price to continue to increase or does this happen all the time.

Has an exact date been confirmed when PEB will open on ASX?