sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    There is a keen fan in the PEB depth.

Bid 5000@1.80

Disc: Not me
    M---b---, I must admit that I have never seen this before, being able to log a buying intent after a SPP has been announced , or am I reading this wrong.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    M---b---, I must admit that I have never seen this before, being able to log a buying intent after a SPP has been announced , or am I reading this wrong.
    Me neither, must have been a late arrival still in the works.

Banned

NZX really shouldn't allow trades to be signalled even though trading has halted. It isn't unusual - recently the same was happening when SKT trading was halted whilst shares were being consolidated. In that case there were over-bids or and under-sells that were cancelled prior to trading commencing. I have no doubt some players try to influence trading by placing bids that they have no intention to settle. A halt to trading should mean exactly that, and I fully expect those high bids and low sells to magically dissappear prior to trading commencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Excellent outcome if they place the shares at $1.35.
    I agree. $1.35 would be very good. If the details in the initial ASX announcement were correct, $70m at 1.20 per share, then maybe the board found the demand was stronger than what they might have thought , hence they didn't sign it off. $80m at $1.35 looks far better.

The NBR today reported on todays conference call. The board would likely make an announcement regarding a new CEO in the next month. Regarding the institutional placement they said that "obviously there's very strong demand. We're hopeful of a very good outcome for our existing shareholders."

Nz Regco having a look at PEBs disclosures

Might get a little telling off but nothing much else
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    I agree. $1.35 would be very good. If the details in the initial ASX announcement were correct, $70m at 1.20 per share, then maybe the board found the demand was stronger than what they might have thought , hence they didn't sign it off. $80m at $1.35 looks far better.

The NBR today reported on todays conference call. The board would likely make an announcement regarding a new CEO in the next month. Regarding the institutional placement they said that "obviously there's very strong demand. We're hopeful of a very good outcome for our existing shareholders."
    The A Bank jumping in earlier may be a catalyst for further insto's wanting a slice of the pie

they aren't on board for nothing

Dual listing may be the cream on top for those already in on the party ..

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Well considered content DK.
    For all those reasons investors should consider this share to be in the high risk category.
    One to either make some money OR loose a lot
    Are you/do you want to be that sort of investor?

Or be an investor in something that is more a sure thing?

More often than not sentiment isn't a good thing
    Fair call out that this share could be in the high risk category. Do you have any recommendations on which shares to start looking into that you think are a more sure thing?

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    The trouble with that example is that it highlights that the current throughput is nothing to shout about. If it were even at a fraction of capacity one would think there would be no need for a raise. They're expecting to burn some cash...
    Cheers minerbarejet that’s a great post with good information for me to dig into.

Interesting thoughts t.rexjr. I saw in today’s presentation slides that their Q1 FY22 their total laboratory throughput grew 9% on the previous quarter, Q4 FY21. Without knowing at all whether this is a fair assumption or not. If one assumed they have 9% growth quarter on quarter this year. That could put their throughput at 1.09^4 times the size of Q4 FY21 for the year. So using the numbers I could find quickly:
    - 15814 total throughput for FY21
    - Q1FY22 up 35% on FY21 quarterly average

That would put FY22 throughput at 15814/4*1.35+15814*3/4*1.35*1.09^3 = 26073 rounded up. So 64.87% increase or 10529 increase in absolute terms.

I’m not sure what I think about that. And I do wonder if this is the type of thing that could have snowballing growth which could make the assumption unfair. Anyways, it has given me some interesting stuff to dig into and will be interesting to see how it plays out for PEB.

AWOL

Another one on the plus side.

It appears that NZ is going to have a consolidation of Health Boards which will have Waikato and Southland joining the PEB customer base.

I think it is about time that Oz took some notice of what's going on over here but I suppose they will try and do a Phar Lap with it and claim it was all their own work.

Maybe they bundled into it bigtime in the CR.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 24-09-2021 at 07:55 AM. Reason: sentence construction

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
    Fair call out that this share could be in the high risk category. Do you have any recommendations on which shares to start looking into that you think are a more sure thing?
    The bulk of my $ (75%) is now in OCA and HGH and SKL. I regard the other 25% as "punts" in ATM, BLT, PX1, PEB, and PAZ. In relation to the "punts", in each case I took a very small stake to keep me interested, and tried to climb aboard as the train started to move.

As Winner has pointed out - every train wreck starts that way, but I have also scored a (small) heap of Crunchie Bars!