sharetrader
Page 2048 of 2126 FirstFirst ... 1048154819481998203820442045204620472048204920502051205220582098 ... LastLast
Results 20,471 to 20,480 of 21257

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    I seriously weighed up the likelihood of the result dropping the SP when I threw in the towel, was a anxious couple of days but I guess I made the right call. Would have been better if I got out at the 1.20+ mark. Lesson learned.
    Look back over the last 4 result announcements and my recall is that the sp dropped each time after the announcement.

The last placement of shares to Australian instos is great for boosting PEB's financial position (so well done!) but it means that the cornerstone institutional shareholders here are going to struggle to hold up the sp - when the Aussie instos want out, they sell until they are finished, no half hearted measure by them. Just have a look at PX1.

So do be careful out there if you are trying to pick a bottom this time round.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-05-2022 at 06:36 PM.

The presentation said “This is viewed as a marathon, not a sprint,” when talking growth

I’d say more like an ultra-marathon
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The presentation said “This is viewed as a marathon, not a sprint,” when talking growth

I’d say more like an ultra-marathon
    New CEO, new marathon?

Been already 20 years in the running!

Must however hand it to DD for having the stamina & ability to talk the talk and walk the talk! He has left PEB in a superb financial position for the next 3 years.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-05-2022 at 08:03 PM.

What's interesting about their total throughput is in:
    - Q1 FY22 they grew 9% on their Q4 FY21
    - Q2 FY22 they grew about 9.85% on their Q1 FY22
    - From H2 FY21 to H1 FY22 they grew 24.42%
    - But on their H2 FY22 they only grew 7.91% on their H1 FY22

Yet their US sales team grew 42.86% in H2 FY22

So with a large increase in sales team size their test throughput growth percentage had a large decrease.

Hmmmm
    Last edited by DonkeyKong; 26-05-2022 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    I seriously weighed up the likelihood of the result dropping the SP when I threw in the towel, was a anxious couple of days but I guess I made the right call. Would have been better if I got out at the 1.20+ mark. Lesson learned.
    SP will bounce back up again. In process of establishing lower end trough on this downtrend cycle. Once this forms, a support base will swell in bid volume. Then will gradually uptrend until the next announcement with continued forward momentum.

People selling out of fear generally currently. This tide will turn. For those holding, steady hands. For those that have sold out already, waiting to see where trough forms then we will likely see a surge on the buy side once investors feel confident SP not dropping further. Will be interesting to see if that fear sell slide has ran its course yesterday. As the results were not bad, and only to be expected. Might see a fall back to 0.7 or lower today as nervous holders shake out. Many will be waiting with finger on the pulse to see where momentum switches as many will be ready to take advantage of buying back on the dip. Definitely in oversold waters with mid term RSI

This is quite a pertinent point.
    "While the impact of Covid on Pacific Edge’s sales had been "very real", the company had been able to grow while others had not, he said."
    The fact that PB has been able to grow during this difficult global covid time that we are now coming out of should not be undervalued. The future is still bright for PEB.
    Anyone that was expecting some kind of miracle results on this latest update was expecting too much and not factoring in reality of the hurdles we have all faced the last 2 years. Approaching 50% reduction to CR even fund mangers will likely consider that a buy opportunity too inviting to not take advantage of. Sell the hype buy the fear, hard to do but normally when and where big money is made.
    Last edited by Maxtrade; 27-05-2022 at 10:28 AM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Look back over the last 4 result announcements and my recall is that the sp dropped each time after the announcement.

The last placement of shares to Australian instos is great for boosting PEB's financial position (so well done!) but it means that the cornerstone institutional shareholders here are going to struggle to hold up the sp - when the Aussie instos want out, they sell until they are finished, no half hearted measure by them. Just have a look at PX1.

So do be careful out there if you are trying to pick a bottom this time round.
    Good point Balance however PX1 is a completely different beast to PEB/healthcare. The growth potential through the biotechnological advancements of CX Bladder offer something new and advantageous to the healthcare sector, as opposed to anything PX1 had to offer into its respective market?

The instos won't bail out all of a sudden, because they bought in believing in the future of the technology on offer. And the growth of its key market in US, and to then be followed by other countries (such as Singapore etc). Instos will see these results as in-line with expectations. Looking at the positives on the growth during this tough time rather than the net losses at this stage. Losses having increased because they've been investing more into sales and marketing, which is what is needed to be done when breaking into large markets. The upside potential of getting established in such a large market is where the future growth and returns remain. That's why the instos got on board in the first place. They won't sell out because weaker nervous hands of retail investors are pulling SP down. They are steadier than that and look further out. The market is most definitely oversold after to be expected results in line with analysts expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Nice one baabaa

looks lie 20 cents here we come

I enjoyed selling shares about 150 ... those were the days -- twice
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

... have power to make you great

Countless times, that the Shark Tank investors (yes I watch it a lot) rule out anything that involves explaining to customers how the product works or how it might make a difference to them. Often those products are quite good, short-sighted approach that other investors would live by
    Last edited by Habits; 27-05-2022 at 10:53 AM.