sharetrader
Page 419 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 3193694094154164174184194204214224234294695199191419 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 21246
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Broker told me, and requested I not pass on infor until all of his clients are set.

No guarantee but 90% certainty.
    What boiler room told you this?

90% certainty it will happen or 90% certainty their small clients will hold up the shareprice while their big client exits?

Precisely.

So why are buyers happy to keep taking stock?

Let the sp drop.
    I must say I do agree with this observation - it has surprised me how well it's held up, given the 'potential' to cave in to a good dose of profit-taking.

The other bits of heroics are unnecessary, and on other less respected channels would have been moderated and poster suspended within a minute of being posted. BUT, given we don't see this sort of tipping very often, 'onya son

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    I must say I do agree with this observation - it has surprised me how well it's held up, given the 'potential' to cave in to a good dose of profit-taking.

The other bits of heroics are unnecessary, and on other less respected channels would have been moderated and poster suspended within a minute of being posted. BUT, given we don't see this sort of tipping very often, 'onya son
    Predictive infor, Xerof.

There are good brokers and lousy brokers out there - I have met both kind many times in my years in investing.

A good one will try and predict (after proper analysis and careful consideration) what are likely to happen. A lousy one plays on your fear and greed to churn brokerage.

In the end, you learn to stick with one or two good ones.

I would love to have NZX investigate my postings - they will come out looking like donkeys. How can the NZX say it is keeping investors informed when it is 2 hours late releasing information which is in the public domain!!!!!

Remember the incident last year when their system broke down and only wholesale brokers can see market infor, but NZX continued to keep the market open? And get this, brokers were not allowed to complain publicly to the media as they could be kicked out for causing disrepute to the NZX!
    Last edited by Balance; 10-12-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Yes, very weird buyers keep nibbling away at 1.28 and some 1.29 but noone is willing to nibble at $1.3 and no seller at the moment are willing to go below 1.28...

老外

Predictive infor, Xerof.

There are good brokers and lousy brokers out there - I have met both kind many times in my years in investing.

A good one will try and predict (after proper analysis and careful consideration) what are likely to happen. A lousy one plays on your fear and greed to churn brokerage.

In the end, you learn to stick with one or two good ones.

I would love to have NZX investigate my postings - they will come out looking like donkeys. How can the NZX say it is keeping investors informed when it is 2 hours late releasing information which is in the public domain!!!!!

Remember the incident last year when their system broke down and only wholesale brokers can see market infor, but NZX continued to keep the market open? And get this, brokers were not allowed to complain publicly to the media as they could be kicked out for causing disrepute to the NZX!
    You must know this is very dangerous for you Balance, potentially leading to insider trading charges against someone if true, and if not, you will probably be branded a liar and probably on everyones block list pretty quickly. Hell, even I am thinking about sending an email to the FMA just based on info here already.

There is a clear difference to a site being down or someone messing up and being 2 hours late in posting something as opposed to a "hot tip" 10 days out from a supposed announcement.

Pretty shoddy all around, I must say. We are all supposed to be after a fair, open and transparent market, this sort of nonsense starts to make this look like the Chinese stock market.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Dear oh dear.

It is disappointing to see people slyly implying that Balance is somehow profiting from insider knowledge, when it should be reasonably clear, that he/she, like myself and anyone else with brains, will be cultivating expert networks on the shares we own and have high conviction in.

For example, if you had a nice investment in PEB, wouldn't you be inclined to pry yourself away from talking to anonymous pseudonyms on Sharetrader, and instead send some emails to DHBs about their urological practices and whether CXBladder might be a game-changer? Or maybe correspond with Pacific Edge directly? Or perhaps they have friends in the USA who are doctors or scientists, or brokers or fund managers here in New Zealand?

In the age of the internet, expert networks would surely also include the skills Hancocks has shown in data mining information, including from cancer support networks and competitive product users.

The cultivating of expert networks is both an art and skill in broadening understanding of a company. Who wouldn't want to understand all the possible perspectives on a company?

December 20, January 20, February 20, the date is somewhat immaterial in my books. That PEB are close to signing up contracts should not be a surprise since they've signed up a number of contracts already, and that closing sales prior to Xmas is a useful arbitrary deadline that acts as a priority for both PEB's sales execs and the responsible contract signers in health organisations/insurance companies/larger urology practices. Not just in the USA, but probably for NZ and Australia as well.

What I do know is this - those who like rapid-fire trading through technical analysis like to think they can predict the share price movement based on historical patterns. But you'll never be able to predict events with charts like major contracts being announced. They can, and will come out of the blue. Only a long term shareholder is able to benefit from this. I don't mean this as a criticism of TA, merely to state that this is an advantage of long term share holding - I get all the unexpected upside from a company that is aggressively chasing unknown but substantial sales contracts.

Disc: Holding oodles of PEB shares, and eyeing up a new beach house somewhere on the Pacific edge.
    Sparky I'd love your thoughts on CNU as I remember you had a lot of them at one stage,are you still holding? Humblest thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    You must know this is very dangerous for you Balance, potentially leading to insider trading charges against someone if true, and if not, you will probably be branded a liar and probably on everyones block list pretty quickly. Hell, even I am thinking about sending an email to the FMA just based on info here already.

There is a clear difference to a site being down or someone messing up and being 2 hours late in posting something as opposed to a "hot tip" 10 days out from a supposed announcement.

Pretty shoddy all around, I must say. We are all supposed to be after a fair, open and transparent market, this sort of nonsense starts to make this look like the Chinese stock market.
    Please send to FMA.

Love for them to investigate the NZX properly.

I am not tipping anything 'hot' which any broker in the land who keeps an eye on the market will be able to try and predict.

This is the problem with some of you who have no idea how the market works - next time i will keep the predictive infor potential to myself.

Looking forward to interacting with the FMA, and for them to investigate how the NZX got a clean pass from FMA after the NZX shut out half the investors out there from sensitive market infor and depth.

While you are at it, send this to the FMA as well :

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...&highlight=gpg

FMA will be keen to investigate how I tipped GPG would hit 60c.

Last edited by Balance; 10-12-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Dear oh dear.

It is disappointing to see people slyly implying that Balance is somehow profiting from insider knowledge, when it should be reasonably clear, that he/she, like myself and anyone else with brains, will be cultivating expert networks on the shares we own and have high conviction in.

For example, if you had a nice investment in PEB, wouldn't you be inclined to pry yourself away from talking to anonymous pseudonyms on Sharetrader, and instead send some emails to DHBs about their urological practices and whether CXBladder might be a game-changer? Or maybe correspond with Pacific Edge directly? Or perhaps they have friends in the USA who are doctors or scientists, or brokers or fund managers here in New Zealand?

In the age of the internet, expert networks would surely also include the skills Hancocks has shown in data mining information, including from cancer support networks and competitive product users.

The cultivating of expert networks is both an art and skill in broadening understanding of a company. Who wouldn't want to understand all the possible perspectives on a company?

December 20, January 20, February 20, the date is somewhat immaterial in my books. That PEB are close to signing up contracts should not be a surprise since they've signed up a number of contracts already, and that closing sales prior to Xmas is a useful arbitrary deadline that acts as a priority for both PEB's sales execs and the responsible contract signers in health organisations/insurance companies/larger urology practices. Not just in the USA, but probably for NZ and Australia as well.

What I do know is this - those who like rapid-fire trading through technical analysis like to think they can predict the share price movement based on historical patterns. But you'll never be able to predict events with charts like major contracts being announced. They can, and will come out of the blue. Only a long term shareholder is able to benefit from this. I don't mean this as a criticism of TA, merely to state that this is an advantage of long term share holding - I get all the unexpected upside from a company that is aggressively chasing unknown but substantial sales contracts.

Disc: Holding oodles of PEB shares, and eyeing up a new beach house somewhere on the Pacific edge.
    Good to see ye presence on this shore, STC, before you bunk up at the new beach house!

Last edited by Balance; 10-12-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Dear oh dear.

Hi Sparky, whilst I greatly respect your opinions, views and comments and even those of Balance's (generally) however I must admit that there is marked difference between cultivating a network of 'experts', garnering their expert opinion and making an informed decision on a stock purchase and between having specific (time sensitive) information on a specified deal prior to the rest of the market, with the closure of which having a material effect the price of said share.

The first is good business/investing sense, the later is a breach of the NZX Continuous Disclosure rules 10.1.1.
    Last edited by Whipmoney; 10-12-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipmoney View Post
    Hi Sparky, whilst I greatly respect your opinions, views and comments and even those of Balance's (generally) however I must admit that there is marked difference between cultivating a network of 'experts', garnering their expert opinion and making an informed decision on a stock purchase and between having specific (time sensitive) information on a specified deal prior to the rest of the market, with the closure of which having a material effect the price of said share.

The first is good business/investing sense, the later is a breach of the NZX Continuous Disclosure rules 10.1.1.
    So if a broker happens to pick up information which infers that a company is 90% down the track of doing a deal, and tells his clients.

That is a breach of NZX Continuous Disclosure Rule 10.1.1?

KMA