sharetrader
Page 449 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 3493994394454464474484494504514524534594995499491449 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 21246

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Also, a Wellington-boy's restaurant bill maybe came in today a bit steep after ordering too many bottles of Je suis une boule de graisse visqueuse qui ne connaîtraient pas un bon vin si il m'a frappé dans le visage, 1985 vintage
    Bad experience in Wellington recently Moosie?

Sometimes sellers see better opportunities elsewhere and make snap decisions to sell at the current price and take their money elsewhere (for example, gold right now is spiking, see OGC and ASX miners). If they are short of cash and think the short-term benefits of selling PEB for a quicker gain, they will do so.
    Or they may just perceive it as over-valued..? De-risking etc..

Certianly with the massive gains in 2013, but I thought most of that would have been done by fund managers/instos who have a mandate to do so and would have done so by end of December? Never know these days; trades don't come with notes attached unfortunately!
    To be honest i've talked to a few people from various funds and their understanding/appetite for PEB seems limited at best so I would be curious to know what insto's are actually in it.

I love the company but the Price-to-Sales ratio is a dead giveaway that its currently overvalued relative to revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    Hi Dentie,

A seller can sell 'on market'. So most of their sell may take place at say $1.36 with the remainder at $1.33. I doubt anybody would spend $200 to manipulate the share price.
    Thanks Goldstein (& our Canadian friend of course...)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whipmoney View Post
    To be honest i've talked to a few people from various funds and their understanding/appetite for PEB seems limited at best so I would be curious to know what insto's are actually in it.

I love the company but the Price-to-Sales ratio is a dead giveaway that its currently overvalued relative to revenue.

So .. Shut up and BUY.. :-))

Guru

Buy, when you think they are overvalued and sell when you think they are undervalued--right Janner??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    Pacific Edge Limited are past the product development and clinical trials phases and it’s all about marketing (revenue) growth now. It is the growth prospects of the company and product that I invested in. It has never been an investment based on the financial fundamentals (cause there ain’t none); however, I definitely analysed the governance, staff, oncology segment, product pipeline and the competition and market place (as much as I could) it is only those strategic fundamentals that you could really base an investment decision in Pacific Edge Limited on.
    Agree with all that Hancock’s, although consideration of risks and an assessment of the potential forward valuation of a stock is also important, all helps balance the outlook and ‘comfort’ in a long term hold.

Aside, Hancock’s have you or anyone else on the forum by some remote chance ever visited the Hershey laboratory ?
    Last edited by MAC; 04-01-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Never fall in love with your investment.
    Look for strong companies that have at least 10 years of compounding revenue, and little or no debt, pay dividends that increase every year, that's what all stock investing is all about, if you want a good night's sleep.

But the reason I invested in PEB is that it will turn into one of those safe reliable companies, and are well on the way.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    This is the Mission Statement of the American website of MEDSCAPE:

To provide clinicians and other healthcare professionals with the most timely comprehensive and relevant clinical information to improve patient care and to make the clinician's task of information gathering simpler, more fruitful, and less time-consuming; and To provide physicians with the educational tools needed to stay current in their practice.

And, here is a link to their review of Urine Tumour Markers updated 23 October 2013.

Hyperlink: Urine Tumour Markers

Read the comparisons between all of the reviewed tests to get the full picture; and, if you follow the ‘more’ link after the authors name (just below the title), you will see his affiliations and disclosures; which is also very interesting.

Author: Gary David Steinberg, MD, FACS; Chief Editor: Bradley Fields Schwartz, DO, FACS.

The bottom line for those that don't like the jargon is this reference at the bottom of the Cxbladder review:

This offers a potential adjunct to cystoscopy for the diagnosis of urothelial carcinoma.

This would replace Cytology! So it is still looking good punters as the other tests still come up short in the areas of convenience, cost and accuracy and this is exactly how it is being marketed ........
    Thanks once again Hancocks - more interesting reading.
    Another little gem I found in amongst this lot is found in surveillance for recurrent bladder cancer. Overview of bladder cancer surveillance - down the bottom at cystoscopy." Carcinoma in situ (CIS) is missed by cystoscopy 22 per cent of the time" Didnt know that!

In last weeks ODT article, Chris Swann mentioned that they hoped CMS coverage would come through early in 2014. That's quite a change to last years June update where they said talks may continue through to August 2014.

He also reiterated the earlier estimate of US$100M revenue within five years, noting that that was a mid range estimate. Was also confident that the company would be processing several tens of thousands of tests in 2014. David Darling was quoted a couple of months ago that the US$100m revenue target may come earlier than five years.

Add to that the advetising of a new lab technician position in Hershey and I thinks things may well be rolling along even more quickly than even the most optomistic of shareholders would have believed.

I think 2014 might see a few suprises on the positive side.