sharetrader
Page 504 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 440445449450050150250350450550650750851455460410041504 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 21246

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Think I recall reading that the test would cost less in NZ than the $550 figure for USA?
    ~$300 if my memory serves me right. This is a serious piece of additional news for the pipeline. Ignore Moosie's rubbish comment, there will be several thousand tests undertaken in NZ pa. I'm trying to find the info that scales up the number of tests generated by one incident of confirmed cancer, but my recollection is that it is many many many multiples

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Jeez, sorry for doing a very quick 5 min back of the envelope calculation Xerof with the info I had ar hand. I'll pray for forgivesness tonight then never try again eh?
    DOUBLE PROMISE m, go the Kennys in the ice hockey at the Olympics !!

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Jeez, sorry for doing a very quick 5 min back of the envelope calculation Xerof with the info I had ar hand. I'll pray for forgivesness tonight then never try again eh?
    not sure what you have in your hand, but it sure aint helpful information.

Guru

About 50,000 cases of haematuria (blood in the urine) are anticipated in Australia and New Zealand, giving rise to about 3,000 new cases of bladder cancer in Australasia each year—80 percent of them among men.
    http://www.idealog.co.nz/businessplan/first-defence
    So about 5,000 present with symtoms each year in NZ.

Someone just grabbed 700,000 so the back of the envelope figures must have appealed to them

RRP of US$250 in Aus/NZ, €200 in Europe, and US$768(3) in the U.S.
    (composite CPT codes) versus US$600 - US$1000 for flexible cystoscopies

from the july 2011 cap raising doc

and this:

Following diagnosis, NCCN(2) guidelines say
    patients will be monitored for 5 years and are
    recommended to receive 12 cystoscopies

老外

Brighton has it right here. PEB can now say "Over half of all people presenting with hematuria in New Zealand are now tested using our product because its so good." That is where the real upside will come from as NZ is often used as a test bed for all sorts of things due to our similarities with the US. A great point of leverage (providing they both start testing and it is successful) for future negotiations in the US/Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Brighton has it right here. PEB can now say "Over half of all people presenting with hematuria in New Zealand are now tested using our product because its so good." That is where the real upside will come from as NZ is often used as a test bed for all sorts of things due to our similarities with the US. A great point of leverage (providing they both start testing and it is successful) for future negotiations in the US/Europe.
    Or more likely they say 'where's New Zealand?'

Moosie, what you missed was the retest revenue available from this agreement and the number of presentations that 'generate' ~332 patients

Harveys number 5,000 tests per annum in NZ - sounds fair?half those at ~$300 = 750k

your number 332, times 5 years of existing patients, times say 2 tests per year for each patient, then halve it

so existing cases generate 332 * 2 *~300 *5 divided by 2 = ~500k

So on the basis of the figures people have published here, my best guess for revenues for the first year is $1.25m. I have missed another round of tests for those diagnosed from the 2,500 in the current year, but it's ~50k extra

I can't say the figures are reliable, but I would say there is a bit more logic in their calculation than the number that you rushed out in a hell of a hurry.

Anyway, what B_E says is actually more relevant to the impact of this announcement than crunching some numbers for their smallest market by far. Bring on the calcs for USA and Europe.....