sharetrader
Page 511 of 2126 FirstFirst ... 1141146150150750850951051151251351451552156161110111511 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 21257

Mr Darling wanted to clarify Monday's separate announcement, that Pacific Edge had signed an agreement directly with Government commercial entity Health Innovation Hub, which is mandated to get new health technology into four district health boards.HIH will now negotiate with the health boards of Auckland, Waitemata, Counties-Manukau and Canterbury, covering a population of more than 2.2 million, for the future use of Cxbladder.

Paper Tiger spotted the key words in the original announcement, now clarified by DD in one of those articles Mule has posted. Explains the price action IMO

Well done PT!!

My bladder is also half full - think it might be treacle though - patience peeps!!
    Last edited by Xerof; 12-02-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Good to see the Brokers comments. Inclusion in the NZX50 will lead to more investment research from Brokers (both in NZ and overseas).

DISC: long term holder since Sept 2009

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Really?? I'm not sure weve seen the answer at all. Your question was "Are we going to see a big leap in price with announcements such as medicare approval etc?" and we haven't seen any announcements re medicare (or anything similar in nature, remembering these DHB announcements are nothing in terms of potential tests compared to medicare of Medicaid). You can't lump these recent NZ based agreements with those that may be made with medicare of Medicaid

I personally believe there will be a significant jump in price should PEB come to an agreement with medicare and/or medicade. Of course some on this may be priced in, but certainly not all.
    Sure, I agree. Just trying to gauge peoples thoughts on what the announcements will do to the price.

I suspect a lot has been factored in already and this was shown by a positive but relatively minor announcement having virtually no price impact. Perhaps then the medicare announcents etc won't cause as bigger price increases as people are hoping either?

As MAC says, I feel other products haven't been factored in at all yet. Any announcements on those fronts I feel would be very positive.

I appreciate annoyingly this is opinion not fact but it is based upon market observation.

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Yeah you may be right - certainly hard to gauge how much is already priced in......people have been expecting or are expecting Medicaid and Medicare related announcement so to some extent they must be priced in, just how much is the question...I expect a big jump if they can get them on board.
    Buy on rumour, sell on fact.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Ain't a rumour till medicare rejects PEB, ain't a fact when PEB hasn't signed medicare.
    However, as MAC has stated, on PEB's website, they have indicated they are a medicare provider.
    Seems like the fact definitely outweighs the rumour huh?

If PEB signs up medicare and Medicaid wouldn't the market penetration be more than 10%?
    Considering they cover close to 100million people in the states which is 1/3 of the population, therefore, wouldn't they cover 1/3 of the cases as well?
    Last edited by baller18; 12-02-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    Ain't a rumour till medicare rejects PEB, ain't a fact when PEB hasn't signed medicare.
    However, as MAC has stated, on PEB's website, they have indicated they are a medicare provider.

If PEB signs up medicare and Medicaid wouldn't the market penetration be more than 10%?
    Considering they cover close to 100million people in the states which is 1/3 of the population, therefore, wouldn't they cover 1/3 of the cases as well?
    Medicaid is no where near as important as Medicare. Medicare is the provider of health care coverage to the over 65s in America where the main incidence of bladder cancer will be (circa 75% of cases).. I looked at this a while ago, but the great thing about laboratory diagnostics is that they are 100% covered under Part B of medicare. This means patients shouldn't do need to make co payments or need insurance top ups if they exceed their annual deductibles to get the tests....

And to answer the question. Medicare should cover circa 75% of the addressable market.. Hence the importance of that deal
    Last edited by Intel; 12-02-2014 at 01:57 PM.

[QUOTE=baller18;461224]Ain't a rumour till medicare rejects PEB, ain't a fact when PEB hasn't signed medicare.

Considering they cover close to 100million people in the states which is 1/3 of the population, therefore, wouldn't they cover 1/3 of the cases as well?[/QU

No That's like saying they have one in two people covered NZ does not mean one in two will need to be tested.

http://www.inspire.com/groups/bladde...xbladder-test/

back to the bladder cancer advocacy network board. The BCAN staff has issued a piece on CX Bladder... Hopefully a few more patients will puch their physicians,

Unless of course BCAN_staff is a pseudonym for a ST member..